🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 001 — The Wit and Wisdom of the West with Dalton Wilcox

Andy Daly and Matt Gourley kick things off with a bang as they bring us the first podcast pilot hosted by Poet Laureate of the West Dalton Wilcox. Expect a true story from Dalton’s week out on the range, a chat with Rustle Shine, the city slickin’ publisher of his book "You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry As You Buy Your Horse and Other Poems and Observations, Humorous and Otherwise, From a Life on The Range," a Cowboy Poetry Workshop with fellow cowboy poets Sally Jespa & Bartleby Mokay, and music from one of the best Country Western bands in the world, The (Goddamned) Journeymen. Make sure to head over to earwolf.com/dalton to participate in the Dalton Wilcox Book Store Challenge and grab yourself The Journeymen’s album “Mount Us More” over at http://gosuperego.ba...m/mount-us-more! If you’re in Los Angeles, don’t miss a LIVE taping of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project with Irish storyteller Patrick McMahon on Tuesday, March 11th at Molly Malone’s Irish Pub. Go to http://www.mollymalonesla.com/ for more info!

• Like 2

Wait a god damn minute!! Not only does Andy have a podcast, but it also features Paul F. Tompkins, Sean Conroy, Betsy Sodaro and the Superego guys??????? My head is going to explode!!!

• Like 7

This was great. So much fun in this episode. I just want to mention how much I enjoyed Betsy Sodaro's poem, it caught me off guard with how hilarious it was. I also liked how PFT had a whole new character ready to go (well, mostly ready) which I did not expect. Plus other things but I'll stop listing them, we all heard it.

• Like 6

As good as I knew the show would invariably be, this exceeded all expectations.

How can Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers have late night talk shows in a universe where Andy Daly and Paul F. Tompkins exist?

• Like 5

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! It's here!! It's HEAR!!!

I bought nine sweaters recently. Let me rephrase that. I recently bought Andy Daly's comedy album which is entitled Nine Sweaters. It's funny.

Time to listen...

• Like 1

fucccck this was a magical experience.. i always love listening to a brand new podcast..if this is the first i cant even imagine the rest! terrific material thanks Earwuff and Andy!

• Like 2

I have to admit, I had my doubts about how well this podcast would go, but holy fuck it is amazing.

The poetry workshop session alone brings this episode to the top of my list of Earwolf podcast episodes. Andy/Betsy/Sean/PFT were just so agile with their barbs to one another that it blew my mind.

Five city-slickin stars

• Like 1

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but looking at the guests Dalton has, this gif best says how I feel about the episode:

tumblr_lls5fsESx61qi7deco1_250.gif

• Like 9

The podcast definitely enabled me to get through this soul sucking day. I really wish someone would animate Betsy Sodaro's poem. I almost pissed my pants with happiness. #points!!! #hashtagsinforumsmakenosense #teeheepee

• Like 2

This podcast started out exactly the way I like my podcasts to start out--with Paul F. Tompkins laughing uncontrollably in the background. And things only got better from there.

• Like 14

I KNEW IT. FULL ON SUPER EGO AND EARWOLF CROSSOVER. GOING TO TOUCH MYSELF ALL DAY TO THIS PODCAST.

HAIL SATAN!

• Like 10

On general principle PFT and Andy Daly should never be on a podcast together. It's like having all of the members of a royal family in one place, should disaster happen the kingdom is plunged into chaos. That said, allow me to add my "Sploosh" to the puddle.

• Like 4

I woke up with a cold this morning. Listening to this podcast cured that cold. Thanks, Andy Daly!

• Like 1

I tweeted, facebooked, emailed, and have been proselytizing from the street corner and still feel like I don't have enough mediums to promote/praise this on. This was legitimately great.

And who would have thought in a podcast with PFT and Andy Daly god damn Bartlby came close to stealing the show. His erudite, quavery, dignity kept laying out the room.

• Like 5