🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Stokely

Blank Check (1994)

R1tasMo.jpg

There is just so much material to work with here...I think anybody who has seen Blank Check would have to agree that it would make for an excellent episode.

Check it out.

• Like 2

I've not seen this for a long time, but all I remember of it is that this movie was made by Dr Evil, one million dollars could basically buy the moon, and his cover story that there's some anonymous benefactor buying him a shitload of toys might as well have been "I'm being molested, but it's ok because check out this bounce house and life size toy car"

• Like 1

Is there anything more punchable than a 12-year-old doing that thing with the sunglasses there? I challenge you to find something more punchable.

• Like 8

Totally agree about this one. Tone Loc is in it. Plus, the kid goes on a date with a grown woman and she seems like she's into him.

• Like 1

Yeah for a kids movie, THIS would make a prime target.

The dad is an a-hole. Seriously he expects his 10-11 year old son to have a job. Not do chores but a job. His son is run over by a car and all he does is complain that the son didn't take care of his bike.

Yeah the creepy romance with the grown woman. When she finally turns him down, she says maybe in about 8 years. when he is legal. Yikes..

Do this movie! It's INSANE watching it as an adult how cruel his parents and brothers are. The sequences of him not having enough money are so sad and crazy.

• Like 1

Not too mention he buys what appears to be a massive mansion designed after a castle across the street from his house in suburban neighborhood.

Oh and Miguel Ferrer and Tone Loc and a bank manager are the heavies in this movie.

• Like 1

And the scarface scene where he's staring at his wall of tvs that are fuzzy, realizing his empire is crumpling.

• Like 1

this movie is insane, that he could buy all that stuff and that house for only a million dollars is just crazy, this movie alone cost 13 million to make!

• Like 1

Is there anything more punchable than a 12-year-old doing that thing with the sunglasses there? I challenge you to find something more punchable.

If you type into google annoying people wearing sunglasses, you'll find.

The grandmaster.

5-annoying-ways-to-wear-sunglasses-tom-cruise-01.jpg

i also found this gem.

Sorry tom it's boot to the head

• Like 2

MV5BMTMyOTQ2MzUxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYyMjYwNw@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The overall idea that he could buy so much with only a million dollars, four hundred thousand which right away went to getting the house, is insane. The only inkling as to why it could work is that the economy was in a boom at the time and we are looking back now on it from our prism of today's economy. Oh and fuck those parents, the only parents worse in pop culture history are Hansel and Gretals parents.

• Like 1

All I remember of this movie is that the reasoning of how he gets the money is ridiculous. Like...there are some sort of sleazy guys who are primed to go into this bank under the alias "Mr. Cool" or something stupid, and that is code to the bank manager to give them the cash?

And the kid just HAPPENS to use that same pseudonym for NO APPARENT REASON and the manager thinks he is the one who was sent in to take the cash? I may be remembering it wrong.

But even as a kid I was like, "wait. What? That's a bit too convenient and coincidental."

The guy's name was Juice (Ton Loc) who was supposed to come get the cash. The criminal gave the kid a blank check for his bike and using the best scanner and printer known to man, even by today's standards, he makes himself a check for a million bucks. Once the manager sees the check he thinks he's Juice.

• Like 1

I feel like this would pair up nicely with Dunston Checks in for a live event.

I feel horrible for the kid in this, but in a sick way the dad DID have a point. He tried to teach money management and the value of working hard for money. The kid gets the million and within a week or so he spends it all on crap. He buys junk food, a house, water slides and trampolines. I'm not saying he should invest it, but had he just hid it in his house somewhere, spent some on video games and a new bike, then yeah he is being more responsible by not spending it all at once.

• Like 2

Looks like someone liked this movie idea...

IMG_7317.jpg

holy shit!

this has to be a clue! this is like the Earwolf Zapruder film.

"backpack and to the left"

• Like 2

Are we not sure that Scott wasn't the kid in the movie acting under a stage name?

• Like 1

Are we not sure that Scott wasn't the kid in the movie acting under a stage name?

You read my mind but sadly the real Brian Bonsall didn't turn out so shockly well.

• Like 1

You read my mind but sadly the real Brian Bonsall didn't turn out so shockly well.

Yeah seeing a picture of him grown is kinda sad. He was a cute kid in a lot of movies. Cute tiny kid on Family Ties, fairly likable kid in Blank Check, etc. Now he is freaky/creepy looking.

By looking at the wiki page for the movie I caught that someone had a little fun with the plot description.

"Meanwhile, he embarks on an extreme shopping spree over the course of 6 days, buying a castle-style house (by outbidding Quigley using the voice box on his computer over the phone) along with many other expensive items (limousine service, go-kart track, water slide, hookers, etc.)."

• Like 1

By looking at the wiki page for the movie I caught that someone had a little fun with the plot description.

"Meanwhile, he embarks on an extreme shopping spree over the course of 6 days, buying a castle-style house (by outbidding Quigley using the voice box on his computer over the phone) along with many other expensive items (limousine service, go-kart track, water slide, hookers, etc.)."

Hey, that sounds like a good movie to me.

Ok looking at some 5 star reviews on Amazon, Here is one for Paul to read:

Like a young Paul Newman, Brian Bonsall bursts onto the screen in his first full-length feature like an acting tsunami. And his acting chops are so powerful that he leaves lots of damage in his wake (much like the horribly tragic real-life tsunamis).

If you haven't seen this wonderful comedy yet, you must check it out immediately. Any hesitation on your part will only lead to minutes of your life that are ticking away in sorrow and despair.

The plot of this movie is that Brian Bonsall gets a lot of money and--whoo boy!--that's when the fun kicks in. What will this little kid do with all the money? Well, you better get this movie now and find out!!! Hint: he spends it on things.

I wish Skippy were in it too.

and another that is simply a review of amazon's service and not the movie:

DVD came in great condition, and it also came before the expected delivery date. Amazon were great in tracking my package i knew were it was every minute of the day. And as i say in every review, I will Definatley be shopping with AMAZON again!!

• Like 1

I don't know how you guys didn't mention the absolute insane PEDOPHILE subplot.

Where unlike most kids movies where the love interest is age appropriate - we have a kid (10 years old), and an FBI agent (let's say 27 and that's being generous). Now sure they go on a "date" and for most part it's the kid being blind and oblivious- but at the end- she DOES KISS HIM. And they agree to meet up in 6 years!? So she'll be 33 and he'll be 16.

The problem is that it doesn't come off as creepy as it should be for two reasons.

1. Any scene where they "talk"- they are the only ones in the scene. If anyone witnessed how either of them acted- they would be called out to stop being idiots. Or in her case a pedophile.

2. It wouldn't be as bad as if the genders were reversed. Imagine if it was a "male" FBI agent saying "meet me in 6 years" -- TO A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL!

HOLY- FUCKING- SHIT!

• Like 1