🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BrettMorris

Exciting announcement: we're upgrading Earwolf's sound!

Engineer Brett here,

It has always pained me to release these podcasts in such a low bitrate format. We were previously restricted by file size limits and such, but now we are much evolved as an operation and the streaming world has advanced to our needs.

I figured it's high time for us to upgrade!

Our previous standard was 48bit 22.050k sample rate MONO. Just threw up in my mouth a little. We are now going to release all of our podcasts in 112bit 44.1k in glorious STEREO as a minimum starting today. That may not seem like much, but as far as streaming podcasting standards go, it's like going from VHS to 3D Blu-Ray for your ears!

Listen to Andy Daly's new show for a great example of what a good stereo format can do for your podcast listening experience. Imagine Who Charted or Sklarbro Country where the music doesn't sound like it's being played on a transistor radio! It's a new era! Enjoy it!

• Like 18

Thank you based Stard! The tastes of glorious stereo in the past have been so good. I'm unreasonably jazzed that this will now be the standard.

This is very cool. I just listened to the Who Charted theme song with the new audio compared to the old and there is a significant difference. Thanks Brett!

• Like 1

This is very cool. I just listened to the Who Charted theme song with the new audio compared to the old and there is a significant difference. Thanks Brett!

Wow, I just tried this too and it really does sound much better. Adam Ant in all his glory.

Sign in to follow this