🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 77 — Committed Weirdos

Chris Gethard & Jake have a special one-on-one conversation about the culture of New York City Public-Access Television recorded LIVE from SF Sketchfest! Chris & Jake chat about the early days of public access, why Chris decided to take The Chris Gethard Show to public access, some of Jake’s Squirt TV contemporaries, and how Chris might have fractured his leg during the Comedy Central pilot taping of The Chris Gethard Show. Check out all of the videos from this episode are over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles!

• Like 5

Ok, Jake Fogelnest might be the bravest man alive. If I had a collection of video footage of myself at 16, I would fucking burn it out of pure humiliation. Do you know how many Korn t-shirts I had at 16? Several. SEVERAL! The fact that Mr. Fogelnest is willing to once again expose himself to the world, with footage of his adolescent self being silly with celebrities (and for the entertainment of podcast-listening nerds), is a truly selfless act. Well done, good sir.

• Like 2

Ha..thee first video has Richard Bey in it. There's a guy from the 90's I'll never forget. He went from Channel 9's today show clone 9 broadcast plaza to host the sleazy Richard Bey Show. The more successful "Morton Downey," he always claimed his show was cancelled because he was going to interview and expose the Bill Clinton/Gennifer Flowers scandal. One of the more bizarre WWOR stories.

• Like 1

Jake, I'll make this brief.....

Totally epic podcast with Gethard!

*takes bow*

That is all.... *walk off stage*

• Like 1

This show is always good but has really been hitting on all cylinders the past few episodes. Grape job!!!

• Like 1

This show is always good but has really been hitting on all cylinders the past few episodes. Grape job!!!

So excited about the upcoming guests. I've got your alternative comedy mainstays and then some people you've NEVER heard on a podcast before.

• Like 2

Are you worried that this episode might make it back to the Imagine Dragons guy?

The next guest IS the Imagine Dragons guy!

• Like 2

The next guest IS the Imagine Dragons guy!

God, please let that be so. Also please let it be that the Imagine Dragons guy just spends the first half schvitzing about what jake thinks of him, and jake trying to awkwardly reassure him, while not actually saying he likes the music.

The Imagine Dragons guy is very thin-skinned, so when you insult him HE FEELS IT IN HIS BONES!

Sorry.

• Like 1