🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 002 — Hail Satan with Chip Gardner

When I was posting here last night, I was more than 3/4ths in the bag, celebrating my birthday. I passed out listening to the episode, and finished it this morning (or so I thought) lying in bed hating life. At work today, I gave the episode a second listen, and MAN OH MAN, I did not realize there was so much delicious death in this episode. Chip Gardner is terrifying. But you know what? Tip is even scarier to me, as he is fine with all the death, and he's not even a Satanist. What is going on with Tip, you guys? YEESH.

Also, regarding the sentiments by some that Mantzoukas was missed on this episode, I offer an alternate take, as I too was thinking about Zouks as well as Aukerman since episode 1 of ADPPP, which is this: I cannot argue that Scott or Jason would not fit in these episodes, as they have largely contributed to these characters. However, Scott and Jason being on ADPPP would feel like a CBB episode, and what I love about ADPPP so far is Daly really getting the opportunity for his characters to spread their wings beyond the hilariously combative improvising that occurs when Jason and Scott hold Daly's feet to the fire on CBB, and flesh out each character's world outside of Earwolf's flagship podcast.

Two for two so far, this show is providing outstanding opportunities for other great comedians to get in on the Daly-brand insanity with their own, completely new characters to add to the mythos. Do not get me wrong, if Jason or Scott appear on an episode I will be absolutely elated. It will undoubtedly be comedic gold. However, considering the premise of the show, Daly's characters— getting a taste for podcasting due to CBB's open door policy— going ahead of their own volition and throwing their podcasting hats in the ring, probably would not go about trying to get Scott or Jason on their pilot episodes (outside of maybe Don, who has the strongest relationship with Jason and Scott on CBB. Gardner has a lot of history with Jason and Scott, for sure, but not a relationship. Gardner exists as a boogie man nightmare, having greatly affected their lives in such a way that they repressed their memories of him). As a result of this premise, I don't feel Scott or Jason will be on any of these eight episodes (as themselves). They could definitely be on as completely new, original characters tho.

So while I LOVE Daly's interactions with Scott and Jason, I do not miss it necessarily on ADPPP, but what I do love is that ADPPP makes me want to go re-listen to the CBB episodes in which they appear, and I do.

Also, Chip fused Scott and Jason into the 30 headed monster at the end of CBB so they would not be availble to do the episode anyway.

• Like 1

Judging from a tweet from Jessica St Clair awhile back, that Dimello episode will also feature Marissa Wompler.

Is it bad that I'm more excited about this than anything going in my real life?

Like by far.

• Like 2

Is it bad that I'm more excited about this than anything going in my real life?

Like by far.

Not at all! Earwolf has come to mean more to me than any other humans. I've lost all empathy for the empty husks around me. One day Earwolf will be gone and I'll realize that I let life slip through my fingers. But until then, bring out the girls.

• Like 3

Judging from a tweet from Jessica St Clair awhile back, that Dimello episode will also feature Marissa Wompler.

OH man OH man, any collaboration between Andy and Jessica will be AMAZING! I was very pleased to see Andy in a cast photo of Lennon's and Jessica's upcoming USA sitcom Playing House. Plus, that first clip is out for Comedy Central's Review, in which racism is reviewed, and Jessica seems to be playing the wife or common law spouse or something along those lines to Andy's character Forrest.

BRING. IT.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Jess plays Andy's wwwFRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS on "Review". I don't think he's in the regular cast of "Playing House" though.

Who played Tip in this episode? His banter with Chip was hysterical!

and I'd love to get my cabinets worked on.

Sean Conroy.

Did we ever figure out what does Carol Channing be in?

• Like 2

If you're jonesing for more Daly, Chip Gardner is on the latest Doug Loves Movies with some other Hollywood luminaries!

• Like 1

"I'm gonna wiggle my toes a little bit here... I do have socks on. No shoes."

Chocolate Pudding is SAVAGE!

I was revisiting the ADPPP this week and pulled into work during the end of this episode. I was playing it through the stereo in my car, opened the door and went to get some stuff out of the trunk and watched as my coworker walked past while Chip and Tip loudly attempted to summon Satan. I'm glad to know that word will get around work that I'm super cool and rock n' roll and stuff.

Sign in to follow this