68 replies to this topic

#21 Handinpants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostHugg Niceman, on 13 February 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

My biggest problem with this podcast is I can't possibly listen to it when they release it in the morning. It's impossible to listen to Andy Daly at work. Therefore I have to sit through work all day, patiently waiting until I can get home, and only then can I laugh until I pee myself. It's really excruciating. I might have to start taking sick days when I see new ADPPP episodes.

Was really hoping Jason Mantzoukas would be a guest on the Chip Gardner episode.

I was initially disappointed by the lack of Zouks, but despite his absence, the episode was every bit as good as I had hoped.

The vitriol directed toward Carol Channing was incredible. Andy is a comic genius, and the "punch Carol Channing in the stomach" line is the best delivery of the episode, to me.

#22 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Well, I already got a good five minute laugh from the show title. The show's been just as good.

I was playing this while I was driving. I had the window down. I was at a stop light, and there was this 40 year old something woman who had her window down too. I had the podcast going a bit too loud and I was at the second part of the game show where Chip was explaining the perks of Satan to Dan Lippert's character. The lady in the car next to me I guess heard it and was not pleased. Worth it.

#23 Beelzebud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

I pray the lord my Chip to keep! This episode is amazing.

Hail Satan!

#24 Mathey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

What an amazing dark carnival ride that was!

#25 SnakeGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Funniest thing about Zouk is that all of Andy Daly's characters now have these bizarre twists to them since they're always paired together on CBB. I can't imagine a local politician creating a 50 foot monster made of sewn together children in the name of Satan or the poet laureate of cowboys fighting mummies without him.

Also it's great that this is on Thursdays. Now I have
CBB - Monday
HDTGM - Tuesday
Nerd Poker - Wednesday
ADPPP - Thursday

Earwolf is bonkers right now. It's amazing to see how far it's come

#26 Bruce Reid Robinson II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

HAIL SATAN.

This is a dream that somehow become reality. Thank you everyone who was involved. This podcast has made grad school officially tolerable.

#27 CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD

coward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostSnake Lee, on 13 February 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

or the poet laureate of cowboys fighting mummies without him.

Well that was certainly in the cards all along. Also Dalton is the poet laureate of not just cowboys, but the entire west. This covers the Oregon Trail, the Washington Trail, the California Trail, the Nevada Trail, the Texas Trail,
I don't have any electronics and food is hard to come by

#28 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

INTERNATIONAL WATERS! Bless you, Matt Gourley.

Another incredible episode. Some serious uncontained public transit laughter from me on "A couple of times, we had the zipper in the mouth of a crocodile."

#29 Jacob C

Stolen by a Mean Crab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

I noticed in one of the pics the gang is holding what appear to be scripts. Was the gameshow scene scripted? I guess some of it would have to be to get all the sound cues worked out .

#30 Mikeyfazed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBucks County, PA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Were there any references to Chip being a "side by side"? I don't remember hearing any... Although it was the pilot, maybe chip was saving that nugget for a later episode.

#31 Sydney Bristow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationvery far off island

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostSnake Lee, on 13 February 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

CBB - Monday
Hollywood Handbook - Tuesday
Who Charted - Wednesday
ADPPP - Thursday

FIXED
Expect More. Alias

#32 2COOL4U69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

What do you guys think Chip's face looks like?

#33 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostJacob C, on 13 February 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

I noticed in one of the pics the gang is holding what appear to be scripts. Was the gameshow scene scripted? I guess some of it would have to be to get all the sound cues worked out .

I think Tip's intros for the games had to be.

#34 Alex Goldberger

Cowboy Poet Laureate of the Southeast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

View Post2COOL4U69, on 13 February 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

What do you guys think Chip's face looks like?

I imagine it's basically like the melted head from Raiders of the Lost Ark, after it's had some time to scab over. I actually got a laugh at the thought of him maybe wearing one of those horrific masks he discussed on CBB while hosting this show.

#35 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

I HAD to transcribe this amazing back-and-forth just so I could read along while re-listening, and really drink it in:

CLIFF: I'm a woodworker at home, so, uh-
CHIP: What've you built with wood?
CLIFF: Uh, cabinets.
CHIP: Uh huh!
CLIFF: I've been working on my wife's cabinets. heh
CHIP: Is that a euphemism for something?
CLIFF: No! What? No.
CHIP: Please don't tell us you've been 'working on your wife's cabinets.' This is a family show.
GAY: What would that even mean?
CLIFF: No, it's just, the kitchen. We're remodeling the kitch-
CHIP: You tell me, Gay. You ever get your cabinets worked on?
GAY: Excuse me-
CHIP: Have you ever had your cabinets worked on by a gentleman?
GAY: Excuse me?!
CHIP: Are you single? Are you single?
GAY: Yes, I am.
CHIP: Ah ha, you're out there getting your cabinets worked on every weekend, I'll betcha.
GAY: What?
CHIP: Well, I don't know. I'm just guessing. You look like you like to have fun. ANYHOW--

(everyone stifles laughter)
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#36 2COOL4U69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostAlex Goldberger, on 13 February 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

I imagine it's basically like the melted head from Raiders of the Lost Ark, after it's had some time to scab over. I actually got a laugh at the thought of him maybe wearing one of those horrific masks he discussed on CBB while hosting this show.

There was one mask that pumped blood through it wasn't there?

I kind of think of him as more of a fleshier Joseph Merrick with metal plates holding it all together.

#37 BlankBlankBlank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostAlex Goldberger, on 13 February 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

I feel like something strangely important is happening with this show. Could we have the first masterpiece of podcasting on our hands here?

In total agreement. This is the best i've ever heard.

#38 Veg Anwa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Man, this podcast is so ridiculously good. I mean, I expected as much considering just about every Andy Daly-episode of CBB is among my favourites, but damn. I'll have to re-listen to Honorary Mayor of Hollywood now, and when I'm done with that I'll probably have to listen to this episode again too.

#39 saddlebags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostKajusX, on 13 February 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

On a more seriously endorsement-level comment: I hope hope HOPE that these and the i4h podcasts elevate the fan awareness of the talent that is Sean Conroy. The man is so extremely talented and deserving of ours and the public at large's attention that it is obscene. He is a Titan of improvisational fortitude. Everyone better tune in to his upcoming adult swim show of which he is the head writer (apologies, as I do not know the title, tba soon).

And Billy, too. He always kills it on I4H.

#40 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

When I was posting here last night, I was more than 3/4ths in the bag, celebrating my birthday. I passed out listening to the episode, and finished it this morning (or so I thought) lying in bed hating life. At work today, I gave the episode a second listen, and MAN OH MAN, I did not realize there was so much delicious death in this episode. Chip Gardner is terrifying. But you know what? Tip is even scarier to me, as he is fine with all the death, and he's not even a Satanist. What is going on with Tip, you guys? YEESH.

Also, regarding the sentiments by some that Mantzoukas was missed on this episode, I offer an alternate take, as I too was thinking about Zouks as well as Aukerman since episode 1 of ADPPP, which is this: I cannot argue that Scott or Jason would not fit in these episodes, as they have largely contributed to these characters. However, Scott and Jason being on ADPPP would feel like a CBB episode, and what I love about ADPPP so far is Daly really getting the opportunity for his characters to spread their wings beyond the hilariously combative improvising that occurs when Jason and Scott hold Daly's feet to the fire on CBB, and flesh out each character's world outside of Earwolf's flagship podcast.

Two for two so far, this show is providing outstanding opportunities for other great comedians to get in on the Daly-brand insanity with their own, completely new characters to add to the mythos. Do not get me wrong, if Jason or Scott appear on an episode I will be absolutely elated. It will undoubtedly be comedic gold. However, considering the premise of the show, Daly's characters— getting a taste for podcasting due to CBB's open door policy— going ahead of their own volition and throwing their podcasting hats in the ring, probably would not go about trying to get Scott or Jason on their pilot episodes (outside of maybe Don, who has the strongest relationship with Jason and Scott on CBB. Gardner has a lot of history with Jason and Scott, for sure, but not a relationship. Gardner exists as a boogie man nightmare, having greatly affected their lives in such a way that they repressed their memories of him). As a result of this premise, I don't feel Scott or Jason will be on any of these eight episodes (as themselves). They could definitely be on as completely new, original characters tho.

So while I LOVE Daly's interactions with Scott and Jason, I do not miss it necessarily on ADPPP, but what I do love is that ADPPP makes me want to go re-listen to the CBB episodes in which they appear, and I do.
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats