🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 002 — Hail Satan with Chip Gardner

Things get grizzly as Andy Daly & Matt Gourley bring us the next podcast pilot hosted by Broadcaster and Game Show Host Chip Gardner. With his trusty longtime announcer Tip Thompson, Chip & Tip will recall past game show failures, play some of their favorite games from over the years, and share tips & recommend chips to listeners in a segment called Chip’s Tips & Tip’s Chips. Plus, Chip will debate formidable opponent Carol Channing for the honorary position of Mayor of Hollywood and we are taken through a day in the life of a feeble-minded man named Chocolate Pudding in Chocolate Pudding Does Whatever The Fuck He Wants.

If you’re in Los Angeles, don’t miss a LIVE taping of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project with Irish storyteller Patrick McMahon on Tuesday, March 11th at Molly Malone’s Irish Pub. Go to http://www.mollymalonesla.com/ for more info!

• Like 1

I only have one teeny tiny complaint about this show. Why Thursday? I'm a huge Earwolf fan and there are SO MANY SHOWS on Thursday I download and now there's a bonus CBB?

Yes, I'm criticizing because there's too much good free Earwolf shows on one day and I'm dumb. And yeah, there is the Olympics going on and a lack of TV shows.

And I can try to start up with Never Not Funny in a few weeks if need be.

And this is having i4h regulars on non i4h shows (TWO OUT OF TWO SEAN CONROY?!?).

I did say my complaint was very insignificant for an amazing awesome show who's first episode had me crying laughing..

• Like 4

Chip, shut your fucking leaky face! Put your forehead back in place, listen up, and take notes, because the grownups are talking you weirdo. You 43 year old FUCK!

• Like 5

Holy shit I didn't realize that the ADPPP would have another episode at the ready in just one week! I did not emotionally fortify myself for this glory. Heaven help us all... Errr I mean HAIL SATAN!

• Like 6

On a more seriously endorsement-level comment: I hope hope HOPE that these and the i4h podcasts elevate the fan awareness of the talent that is Sean Conroy. The man is so extremely talented and deserving of ours and the public at large's attention that it is obscene. He is a Titan of improvisational fortitude. Everyone better tune in to his upcoming adult swim show of which he is the head writer (apologies, as I do not know the title, tba soon).

• Like 12

On a more seriously endorsement-level comment: I hope hope HOPE that these and the i4h podcasts elevate the fan awareness of the talent that is Sean Conroy. The man is so extremely talented and deserving of ours and the public at large's attention that it is obscene. He is a Titan of improvisational fortitude. Everyone better tune in to his upcoming adult swim show of which he is the head writer (apologies, as I do not know the title, tba soon).

And listen to the Longshot Podcast!

• Like 2

Everyone better tune in to his upcoming adult swim show of which he is the head writer (apologies, as I do not know the title, tba soon).

It's called Mr. Pickles, and you can watch the pilot on adultswim.com.

• Like 1

Will there be home game editions to any of the games played on this podcast? I need something to stay entertained when I'm not "fixing cabinets" if you know what I mean. I'll be keeping an eye on the Ear Wolf store in case there is.

• Like 1

Conroy is on fire.

"It's for your face."

"I was touring the county of my motortrike"

• Like 1

Tip was a really funny character. I also enjoyed Chip's Chips, Tip's Chips, Tip's Tips, and Chip's Tips.

This show is really excellent! Andy Daly is unstoppable right now.

• Like 8

I feel like something strangely important is happening with this show. Could we have the first masterpiece of podcasting on our hands here?

• Like 3

I picked the right morning to get stoned.. flawless victory by everyone involved im so glad this finally exists!

• Like 3

I feel like something strangely important is happening with this show. Could we have the first masterpiece of podcasting on our hands here?

You think this is the first masterpiece of podcasting? There are at least 5 or 6...

• Like 1

My biggest problem with this podcast is I can't possibly listen to it when they release it in the morning. It's impossible to listen to Andy Daly at work. Therefore I have to sit through work all day, patiently waiting until I can get home, and only then can I laugh until I pee myself. It's really excruciating. I might have to start taking sick days when I see new ADPPP episodes.

Was really hoping Jason Mantzoukas would be a guest on the Chip Gardner episode.

• Like 5

You think this is the first masterpiece of podcasting? There are at least 5 or 6...

I meant that I think this could be the first series (or miniseries, I guess) where every single episode is a perfect distillation of a great comedic sensibility. Even my favorite shows have an off day every once in a while, but it seems like Andy and Co. are really swinging for the fences in every one of these. It's very exciting.

• Like 1

My biggest problem with this podcast is I can't possibly listen to it when they release it in the morning. It's impossible to listen to Andy Daly at work. Therefore I have to sit through work all day, patiently waiting until I can get home, and only then can I laugh until I pee myself. It's really excruciating. I might have to start taking sick days when I see new ADPPP episodes.

Was really hoping Jason Mantzoukas would be a guest on the Chip Gardner episode.

I was initially disappointed by the lack of Zouks, but despite his absence, the episode was every bit as good as I had hoped.

The vitriol directed toward Carol Channing was incredible. Andy is a comic genius, and the "punch Carol Channing in the stomach" line is the best delivery of the episode, to me.

Well, I already got a good five minute laugh from the show title. The show's been just as good.

I was playing this while I was driving. I had the window down. I was at a stop light, and there was this 40 year old something woman who had her window down too. I had the podcast going a bit too loud and I was at the second part of the game show where Chip was explaining the perks of Satan to Dan Lippert's character. The lady in the car next to me I guess heard it and was not pleased. Worth it.

• Like 5

What an amazing dark carnival ride that was!

Funniest thing about Zouk is that all of Andy Daly's characters now have these bizarre twists to them since they're always paired together on CBB. I can't imagine a local politician creating a 50 foot monster made of sewn together children in the name of Satan or the poet laureate of cowboys fighting mummies without him.

Also it's great that this is on Thursdays. Now I have

CBB - Monday

HDTGM - Tuesday

Nerd Poker - Wednesday

ADPPP - Thursday

Earwolf is bonkers right now. It's amazing to see how far it's come

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this