🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 20 — Dave Holmes, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes tell listeners all about the good TV they watch it in a segment called “Who Watches The Watchmans” and revisit the “Teaser Freezer” to discuss “3 Days to Kill” starring Kevin Copsner. Then the boys are fired up to be joined by DAVE HOLMES aka the original Noid from the Domino’s pizza commercials to give us a quick sample from the board game he’s working on, teach the guys how to watch TV on their phones, and go back through some of his most famous MTV moments.

SCOOP TROOP ALERT

Original NOID Dave Holmes Canoodled with Aaliyah on New Years Eve

Dave Holmes : "Now who's your fantasy kiss at midnight?"

Aaliyah: "How about you?"

3fa22b6053ba11e2ad1922000a1cbd31_7.jpg

• Like 5

sometimes i will think about aaliyah and be sad for a while :c

i'm glad mr holmes got that nice moment with her tho

• Like 5

Great show as always, guys.

There was just one thing that I didn't get though. When Mr. Speil said he was Kevin Garnett about being The Noid, what did he mean by that? Like, he went from high school straight to the professional Noid league? Or that when he and the other Noids got together he was the biggest shit talker around? Is that what he meant? That he would go from Domino's Pizza to Domino's Pizza saying horrendous, despicable things to other potential Noids a la "KG" Kevin Garnett? Thank you for your time.

RIP Aaliyah.

• Like 6

So I just saw the 3 days to kill trailer on TV the other day, and I thought, "wow what a piece of shit movie this is going to be, I hope Sean and Hayes do it as a teaser freezer."

Andddd you did it wonderfully.

• Like 3

So I just saw the 3 days to kill trailer on TV the other day, and I thought, "wow what a piece of shit movie this is going to be, I hope Sean and Hayes do it as a teaser freezer."

Andddd you did it wonderfully.

Collusion.

• Like 1

I'm glad that they added more jokes this time to Taken 3. I think that guido part will have me bussin' up in the theater.

• Like 2

If you have a friendo who's a guido, these jokes were not very coolio. Ok, I'm going to take a break from using words

• Like 2

So glad the reality showshow is back.

Don't play with my heart like that, you monster!

• Like 2

ScreenShot2014-02-18at31139PM_zpse76d1af6.png

Almost tossed my scaloppine in my face when I saw this.

• Like 7

I feel like I'm missing out not having a facbook only because of the Hollywood Handbook page.

No.

Also, is it weird that I do the disingenuous "what up‽ what up‽" in real life. Especially bullshit business situations. Apparently people find it charming, especially the people I'm passive aggressively mocking.

• Like 5

I feel like I'm missing out not having a facbook only because of the Hollywood Handbook page.

You would LOVE the Hollywood Handbook twitter page. So many helpful tips for the Scoop Troopers!

• Like 2

Also, is it weird that I do the disingenuous "what up‽ what up‽" in real life. Especially bullshit business situations. Apparently people find it charming, especially the people I'm passive aggressively mocking.

I pity u if you think those what ups are disingenuous. Just be more trusting... new sincerity... postive energy...

• Like 3

No.

I know exactly what you mean and I do the same thing. I especially go out of my to wordsmith every "bussin' me up" in colloquially that I can...and when present company doesn't fucking get it, because obviously this is an exclusive jet set, I laugh maniacally to myself at how shit their dumb brains is. If I'm honest, at times it has concerned me...thanks for your bravery in sharing your experience.

• Like 3

I'm really surprised that as journalists, Sean and Hayes didn't probe a little deeper into Dave's denial of being The Noid. I mean, if you really were a notorious pizza thief, would you really just announce to the audience of the world's most popular podcast that you were guilty? No way, you'd deny that all day. But hey, that's just my theory.

• Like 4

i know im not supposed to say this but i dont like the carmel chewy ads

• Like 4

i know im not supposed to say this but i dont like the carmel chewy ads

Me too! They didn't even thank Valerie for the saltwater taffy and tasty toffee that she slaved over for them.

Just rude

• Like 2

Don't play with my heart like that, you monster!

Youre right, I was out of line. The freezer teasers just transported me back to the good ole days of movies and tvs talk. That said, there's no need to try to scare me with all this monsters talk. Only Frankensteins play with internal organs and how am I supposed to sleep tonight with that on my mind?

Only Frankensteins play with internal organs and how am I supposed to sleep tonight with that on my mind?

Was Frankenstein a monster because he tried to play God?

For my Spanish-speakers: ¿Fue Frankenstein el monstruo verdadero porque él trataba asumir el papel de Dios?

• Like 3

This may be my favorite podcast now. I've learned so much about teasers.

• Like 2