Episode 82.5 — Minisode 82.5
Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:12 AM
Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:13 AM
Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:36 AM
Santa With Muscles?
No Holds Barred?
Thunder in Paradise?
3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain?
My picks would be: Suburban Commando ("I was frozen today!!!") and either Mr. Nanny or No Holds Barred.
Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:49 AM
Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:44 AM
Imagine if Hollywood did that and release a British ADR version of the movie first, and then a few months later, the American ADR. What the hell?! No one can understand the Brits! Cheerio, mate!
Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:46 AM
If you go hang out in a safeway parking lot on A saturday night you should be able to pick up the dvd for $1 or so if you haggle. Sure it's illegal and immoral but this movie has Russel Crowe in it. He has never and will never be in a good movie. Plus ten bucks is ten bucks. That will almost buy you a meal here in O'bama's Bush cuntry.
Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:14 PM
This might be one rare case in which the film adaptation actually hurts the book. The elements of magical realism just sort of make sense in the novel. Well, of course there is a flying horse and a mile long ship and a winter that lasts for generations. Just from the trailer, these elements come off as plain silly. I can't tell if it will be cathartic to hear our intrepid podcasters mock this movie or just painful to watch.
"Read a fucking book, you guys!"
This Dumb Dumb Literary and Film Nerd
Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:24 PM
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be really fucking funny." - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer
Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:09 PM
Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:39 PM
Best part about a movie like this is you don't have to wait too long to see it on video..
My only problem with them doing a theater run movie is no five star reviews from amazon. that's my favorite part of the show.
Hey -SLeBlanc I like your icon picture. LOL
Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:32 PM
- 70% chance the theater will be empty, and you have not lived until you've taken your pants off in the cinema
- (your crappy throttled connection may vary) You don't have to wait for netflix to load up, or agonize over the fact this will probably be on some stupid obscure streaming service, if at all.
- Also cheaper than a dvd (and why would you want to own this unless it's truly awful-hilarious), no need to wait a year for your library to get it, and if you have a video rental store still open near you – well cherish that while you still can
- I'm sure your comp/tv is pretty nice, but it's best to see how wiggy someone's wig could possibly be. Also how crappy some effects are
- Also get some hot popcorn without stinking up your place.