🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 82.5 — Minisode 82.5

It looks like you’ll be heading to the theaters because next week we’ll be covering a movie filled with gem stones, horse battles, and a scarred Russell Crowe known as Winter’s Tale. Paul finally gets a meme all to himself, glass maintainers get a shout out, and we learn a bit about ADR as Paul goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Double Team. Then, Paul tells us who would make his Mount Rushmore of bad actors as he gives As to your Qs! People of Los Angeles, make sure to get tickets for the added 10pm LIVE How Did This Get Made? on Friday, March 14th at Largo! The theme of the night will be HULKAMANIA. Get tickets at www.largo-la.com Also, treat yourself by grabbing a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

Whoa! Wait, Paul and June are married? Why have they been hiding this for so long?

Does Jason know?

The theme of the night will be HULKAMANIA.

That could mean any one of several very horrible horrible things.

• Like 2

If they're doing "Hulkamania Night", they have to start EVERY sentance with "Well you know something BROTHER!!"

• Like 1

There's so many bad movies on Netflix but you pick a shitty movie that will cost 10 bucks? And what about all those shitty movies that are fully uploaded to Youtube?! That should say something. They're so bad that the studios won't even make an effort to claim ownership!!

• Like 1

yeah it is a bad choice. But we do get a Hulkamania double shot in march. Now what ones will it be?

Santa With Muscles?

Mr. Nanny?

No Holds Barred?

Suburban Commando?

Thunder in Paradise?

3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain?

My picks would be: Suburban Commando ("I was frozen today!!!") and either Mr. Nanny or No Holds Barred.

Yeah,... no. Sorry, Paul, but you tricked me once when you made me go and see this piece of shit, called After Earth. Sorry, I am not falling for this again.

• Like 1

I don't get the urgency to get a HDTGM for a movie that just came out in the theaters, unless it's something epic like the Fast and Furious franchise. I am not paying to see this piece of crap in the theaters...can't you wait until it comes out on DVD/streaming/VOD?

• Like 2

Jeez guys, out of 26 episodes a year they pick maybe 3 total that are out in theaters. It's nice to change things up every once in a while. Relax.

• Like 7

"winters tale" angrams into "wet entrails" and "latrine stew," ok, have a blessed day everyone

• Like 2

I didn't know that about Hong Kong movies and ADR. I can vouche that Hong Kong movies used to be ADR'ed all the time. I just didn't know why. Also when a Hong Kong movie was released, it would be released in different dialects. Mandarin (main dialect) and Cantonese are the two biggest ones but, Mandarin would always be released first and then a few months later, Cantonese. As a Cantonese speaker, I'd always found this annoying.

Imagine if Hollywood did that and release a British ADR version of the movie first, and then a few months later, the American ADR. What the hell?! No one can understand the Brits! Cheerio, mate!

Yeah,... no. Sorry, Paul, but you tricked me once when you made me go and see this piece of shit, called After Earth. Sorry, I am not falling for this again.

If you go hang out in a safeway parking lot on A saturday night you should be able to pick up the dvd for $1 or so if you haggle. Sure it's illegal and immoral but this movie has Russel Crowe in it. He has never and will never be in a good movie. Plus ten bucks is ten bucks. That will almost buy you a meal here in O'bama's Bush cuntry.

As a fan of the novel, watching the trailer feels like being told a Game of Thrones movie is coming out, then watching a preview of 'Dungeon Siege' instead of the HBO show.

This might be one rare case in which the film adaptation actually hurts the book. The elements of magical realism just sort of make sense in the novel. Well, of course there is a flying horse and a mile long ship and a winter that lasts for generations. Just from the trailer, these elements come off as plain silly. I can't tell if it will be cathartic to hear our intrepid podcasters mock this movie or just painful to watch.

"Read a fucking book, you guys!"

This Dumb Dumb Literary and Film Nerd

Having only seen the trailer and having no intention of watching this tripe, I can't wait to hear how they try to explain the fucking hairstyles that Colin Farrell has in this movie. Add to this the fact that they only really started promoting this movie about three weeks before it came out and the fact it looks like the trailer was made by the same dude who made the Vampire Academy trailer, this should be a great episode.

Well, Mark Helprin, who wrote the novel, preferred to not let it be put back into print if that meant it would be labeled a fantasy novel (in a modern classics/notable fantasy-novel line). And yet he sold his preciious off to the folks who have produced this version. I'm not sure a lesson can or should be taken, other than try not to be a fool.

There's so many bad movies on Netflix but you pick a shitty movie that will cost 10 bucks? And what about all those shitty movies that are fully uploaded to Youtube?! That should say something. They're so bad that the studios won't even make an effort to claim ownership!!

Best part about a movie like this is you don't have to wait too long to see it on video..

My only problem with them doing a theater run movie is no five star reviews from amazon. that's my favorite part of the show.

Hey -SLeBlanc I like your icon picture. LOL

• Like 1

Sheet dudes, you could wait a month and this will likely be in the dollar theaters; which in my opinion is probably the best way to see it.

• 70% chance the theater will be empty, and you have not lived until you've taken your pants off in the cinema
  • (your crappy throttled connection may vary) You don't have to wait for netflix to load up, or agonize over the fact this will probably be on some stupid obscure streaming service, if at all.
    • Also cheaper than a dvd (and why would you want to own this unless it's truly awful-hilarious), no need to wait a year for your library to get it, and if you have a video rental store still open near you – well cherish that while you still can

[*]I'm sure your comp/tv is pretty nice, but it's best to see how wiggy someone's wig could possibly be. Also how crappy some effects are

[*]Also get some hot popcorn without stinking up your place.

• Like 1

A theater movie! Feels like its been a while..... Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend (if it lasts that long in theaters).

Saw this in theaters today and I was the only one in there. Do NOT look up the actors involved in this movie and you will have an amazing surprise about 30 minutes in.

**SPOILERS**: This movie is fucking crazy. It's all about miracles and destiny and "angels vs demons" except the angels are kind of assholes. Everyone in New York in 1920's had Irish or English accents.

Oh and Colin Farrel straight up slits a dudes throat in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Quotable:

"Hes got de got damn horse."

• Like 1

Saw this in theaters today and I was the only one in there. Do NOT look up the actors involved in this movie and you will have an amazing surprise about 30 minutes in.

I heard some hints about the person to whom you're referring, so I looked it up, and at least as of then (last weekend, I think), it wasn't on IMDB, even in the 'uncredited' section. If anyone is curious, it's easy enough to find, particularly if you know what character they play.

• 70% chance the theater will be empty, and you have not lived until you've taken your pants off in the cinema

originally read this as being able to take off pants when the theater is 70% empty which is a crime, and crimes are bad

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this