🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
misterAndyReid

To Matt: THANK YOU

I tried to email you, but it wouldn't go through. So I'm just going to post this here and hope you see it:

Two years ago, I came across your podcast on the Earwolf network. I had never been exposed to improv comedy, other than Who's Line Is It Anyway, but I gave it a try, and I was hooked from the first episode I listened to.

This year, I finally took the plunge and did something I have wanted to since I started listening to your show: I signed up for an Improv class at a theater called Planet Ant in Detroit. I bought your book - The UCB Comedy Improv Manual - and went to class with an open mind.

I don't have any theater or performance background, but I've always been a storyteller. I'm a sportswriter by trade, but recently, I've grown weary of that as a creative outlet. Thanks to you, I found improv, and it has been the been thing that has happened to me in a long time.

I love it, and I love having an outlet to pretend and play and create. My intro class is about to end, but I am definitely going to continue with the program. I have met some great people, and I have had an incredible time.

So, thank you. If you have any tips for an upstart imrpover - especially about starting a team after my classes end - I would be so grateful to hear them.

--

My email address is andy.a.reid@gmail.com. I'd be happy to talk about Improv with anyone else on the message board that wants to get into it.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this