🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 78 — Blow Up The High School

Allan Arkush is the director of The Ramones motion picture Rock ‘n’ Roll High School, Get Crazy, Heartbeeps, and much more. A true legend out of the Roger Corman school of filmmaking, he joins Jake to discuss how the 1964 Beatles’ film A Hard Day’s Night changed his life, to his unforgettable time working at the Fillmore East, to the bet that lead him to co-direct his first film Hollywood Boulevard, and why the Ramones were the perfect fit to his high school musical film. As always, check out all of the videos from this episode are over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles!

• Like 4

"The Fogelnest Files" is the best podcast.

Brilliant. Entertainment history told by someone who lived it. This was one of the finest podcast interviews I have ever heard. Hope we get more from Allan.

• Like 1

I want to see the alternate universe version of Rock and Roll High School that gets made when Arkush decides to go with the record labels first suggestion and make the movie about DEVO.

I have to imagine it would be the greatest movie of all time.

• Like 1

I want to see the alternate universe version of Rock and Roll High School that gets made when Arkush decides to go with the record labels first suggestion and make the movie about DEVO.

I have to imagine it would be the greatest movie of all time.

I'd also be curious what the movie would look like with early Van Halen as the stars. I'm sure David Lee Roth would have enraged everybody on set.

Van Halen stars as the jocks and Devo as the nerds, but they must put aside their petty differences and join forces to fight against the evil new administrator, Evelyn Togar!

• Like 1