🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 21 — Nick Thune, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes start out the show talking about how the Oscars are a really exciting time in Tinseltown. They share some great tips for scoring a date to the big night with an A-list celebrity. Then, cool guy NICK THUNE joins the guys to discuss movies, his personal injuries, how it's possible to do comedy and music at the same time, and jump into the popcorn gallery to discuss TV show failures and other fan questions.

...I feel as though my question got distorted a bit. I think Blenjamin is jealous that my questions keep getting used on the show. If it's any consolation to you, Blenjamin, I don't like it when Sean and Hayes use my questions either. Not only that, but Sean keeps offering me your job and I keep saying how unfair that would be to you. So maybe think about that next time before you try to stab me in the back again.

Otherwise, great show. Nick Thune seems as delightful as he did 12 years ago. But less goofy looking and more successful. Well, actually success is relative. So are looks. In fact, to some people he may be more goofy looking and less successful. So that's something to think about.

PS - Sometimes I feel like this podcast is custom made for me. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I mean, I like that and I'll take the attention, but it seems as though people like HugLife, Burdrulz, Veebs, TheNarnold, Whatever Toby Keith Sweat is calling himself these days, Freja, MattCameron, and all the rest of the gang are getting ignored and they're great, so maybe customize the podcast for them also without stopping customizing it for me? I know I paid all that money, but at least pretend like it's kinda random.

PPS - Also liked the mention of Antigua. Not sure if that was a random mention of that island paradise (not that great actually) or a reference to an episode of the RsS. Either way, the mention of Antigua made me smile remembering that episode of the RsS.

• Like 8

While I think Sean+Hayes gave solid dating advice on this ep, I've gotta say I'm disappointed that their osking tips only involved men osking women out. What about the ladies? It's 2014, fellas. Don't start stooping to Engineer Cody's level of professionalism... smh

• Like 7

I mean, I'm almost here more for the forums now anyway...

• Like 4

Can't believe I was able to get a question in on the Chanson podcast. It means so much that Sean and Hayes thought so highly of it. This is a momentous day. First I'd like to thank the man upstairs... Micheal Jordan. You taught me how to fly MJ and look at me now! Also a big shout out to engineer Cody for being so inept at your job, without your inability to complete the most menial of tasks it would have been cut out, and this day may never have arrived.

• Like 5

man I can't believe it took me listening to Octer Doctopus' q to notice how many words rhyme w/ "Thune" I could have filled that gallery up twice over. Moon over Thune, the Honeythuners... hey where does he live? An Igthoo(n).

• Like 1

Can't believe I was able to get a question in on the Chanson podcast. It means so much that Sean and Hayes thought so highly of it. This is a momentous day. First I'd like to thank the man upstairs... Micheal Jordan. You taught me how to fly MJ and look at me now! Also a big shout out to engineer Cody for being so inept at your job, without your ability to complete the most menial of tasks it would have been cut out, and this day may never have arrived.

Michael B. Jordan or Michael actual Jordan?

Also, glad that Chanson finally got knocked down a peg. Despite the massive coverage and name dropping he still got on this episode, it was mostly inflammatory and negative.

Also also, Freja, thanks to the "Osc-ar Out Already!" segment, I have something to ask you. Will you...um...go to uh...the um...wha...sha...ossssssc...err. Never mind.

• Like 7

I relate to Nick Thune because I'm the Bo Jackson of posting on forums because I do a lot of good jokes and also I'm attractive in real life. That's why my friends call me "double trouble"

• Like 9

Official Earwolf Announcement: Henceforth Hollywood Handbook will be rebranded as the Hollywood Chanbook. In an official statement, Scott Anchorman said "we here at Earwolf believe that this name change will attract more donations but won't negatively influence the artistic integrity of the podcast." Anchorman went on to explain that "it will still be the same super famous bros and their what up what up spirit that listeners have come to love and adore to an unhealthy level."

• Like 1

I relate to Nick Thune because I'm the Bo Jackson of posting on forums because I do a lot of good jokes and also I'm attractive in real life. That's why my friends call me "double trouble"

Don't forget the tunes you've been making. For whatever reasons, that popcorn gallery riff has been stuck in my head since I heard it.

There is no "triple trouble," so you are a "damage a trois" now.

• Like 2

Don't forget the tunes you've been making. For whatever reasons, that popcorn gallery riff has been stuck in my head since I heard it.

There is no "triple trouble," so you are a "damage a trois" now.

Jeez that's gonna be tricky for my friends to switch up my nickname like that but I think it'll be worth it.

While I think Sean+Hayes gave solid dating advice on this ep, I've gotta say I'm disappointed that their osking tips only involved men osking women out. What about the ladies? It's 2014, fellas. Don't start stooping to Engineer Cody's level of professionalism... smh

Sorry Freja, H&S mentioned that the show is only for straight men and lesbian women.

• Like 2

Michael B. Jordan or Michael actual Jordan?

Also, glad that Chanson finally got knocked down a peg. Despite the massive coverage and name dropping he still got on this episode, it was mostly inflammatory and negative.

Also also, Freja, thanks to the "Osc-ar Out Already!" segment, I have something to ask you. Will you...um...go to uh...the um...wha...sha...ossssssc...err. Never mind.

Micheal B. Jordan In hindsight I see the confusion. Micheal actual Jordan played for UNC and I reside in NC. I referenced flying and he is the jumpman that soars through the air dunking slams. Let me clarify. Micheal B Jordan, or "Wallace" as some might know him, was a drug dealer that lived in the projects above me during my "streetz" days. Reppin my hood and on the corner clockin one night, he taught me how to fly. Also we smoked all the drugs. But hey, have to build street cred somehow.

In addition, is it more sad that I have listened to my question (starts @ 44.50) on repeat for 4 hours because it means so much to me or because I'm so proud of myself?

Keep in mind less than half of the post was even read aloud and Hayes mentions that it is not very good two times. All my fellow Matheletes know, 2 negatives = a positive so what he really means is that in fact, it is very good.

• Like 6

Micheal B. Jordan In hindsight I see the confusion. Micheal actual Jordan played for UNC and I reside in NC. I referenced flying and he is the jumpman that soars through the air dunking slams. Let me clarify. Micheal B Jordan, or "Wallace" as some might know him, was a drug dealer that lived in the projects above me during my "streetz" days. Reppin my hood and on the corner clockin one night, he taught me how to fly. Also we smoked all the drugs. But hey, have to build street cred somehow.

I live in NC too. That's why I thought it was Michael B. Jordan for sure. Michael actual Jordan was at the local bar, Selwyn Pub, the other night. And I know for a fact that he was downstairs (not the man upstairs) and was only drunk on champagne, not high on those drugs you speak of.

• Like 2

Sorry Freja, I think that I speak for all of the straight men and (butch) lesbians in the forum when I say that progressive straight women are too scary. First you start asking men out (never do that), and then you will probably try to make him ride cupcake when you tame the open road with your Harley.

Haven't you learned what happens when women take charge? You get Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

• Like 2

For the record, I have not invented scented wifi. Although one must wonder about the marketability of such an invention, I concede that point. Touché Nick Thune. Touché.

Haven't you learned what happens when women takecharge? You get Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

I haven't seen that feeulm so I don't get your analogy. Due to my gender, I can only watch feeulms starring Anne Hathaway or Hilary Duff. :(

• Like 3

Which one of you dinguses is esteban ricardo on gmail? and when is a good time for us to hangout so we can talk about moving to l.a. to start our improv group? Valerie, did you osk your "boyfriend" to the oskars or did he cause a car "accident" and save you to win your heart?

I predict our boiz Sean and Hayes start a new dating podcast after 39 episodes of HH called "osking the wright questions." It will basically be room raiders meets shark tank with people shelling themselves out while also having to explain their poor cleanliness and even worse taste in unframed posters.

P.S. to Frej Frej - Have you ever had a dr. pepper 10? I hear those aren't for straight ladies either, but I have a feeling you like to buss the system up and live by your own rules.

• Like 2

I predict our boiz Sean and Hayes start a new dating podcast after 39 episodes of HH called "osking the wright questions." It will basically be room raiders meets shark tank with people shelling themselves out while also having to explain their poor cleanliness and even worse taste in unframed posters.

P.S. to Frej Frej - Have you ever had a dr. pepper 10? I hear those aren't for straight ladies either, but I have a feeling you like to buss the system up and live by your own rules.

Jesus Christ I would cry tears of happiness if H&S did a dating podcast. Or at least discussed episodes of The Bachelor since that's a true depiction of how dating is, no? Anyways, please H&S, give us more (non-heteronormative) dating tips!

Bru-Bru, I haven't had Dr. Pep 10 because I don't drink soda. I drink seltzer 24/7 because that's what I was raised on (seriously-- try to find a bottle of plain water in any store in Sweden... everything is sparkling) and because I'm on that healthy living grind, bro.

• Like 3

P.S. I want to applaud Chanson for showing such great restraint so far in today's forum and NOT posting about the Seahawks, even though Nick Thune's comments in the episode must have baited him.

P.P.S Go Pats.

• Like 2

this is the 80s and im down with the ladies

• Like 3