🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 004 — The Travel Bug with August Lindt

It is kind of amazing that these four guys all just happen to have independently picked a very specific and insane german person to create an impression of. The planets aligned for this. I wonder if there is a super extended cut of this episode that just keeps getting blue for another hour.

• Like 3

oom PAPA oom PAPA oom PAPA

who was saying that, gourley?

Besser was (We Need To Talk About) Kevin.

• Like 1

I kid you not, first I heard the PFT off-mic-laughter™, then August said "we have a German director" and the I found myself knees on the floor, hands up in the air thanking the universe for the sound waves about to penetrate my ears.

This podcast is made in (murderer) heaven.

• Like 1

And I thought the Dalton Wilcox pilot was the best thing I'd ever heard? No, wait -- bad German accents, scarebags, a stoned ex-Pope, and "Blackfishing".... and the off mike, explosive laughter in the background. A sensational podcast, loved every minute of it.

• Like 1

Full disclosure, I actually didn't really love August Lindt the first time on CBB. Holy crap, Werner Herzog (my favorite PFT character), Pope Benedict (my fav Besser), HR Giger? What an awesome show!!!!

"New Papa gives us rock salt!"

I agree. I like how dark Andy's characters get. August Lindt typically doesn't allow Andy to talk about murder/international waters/girls covered in chocolate, etc. Wasn't looking forward to this episode as much as his other characters, but this was fantastic! The ending with his wife definitely took it in a more typical Andy Daly direction. And of course, huge huge HR Giger fan! Definitely need to start listening to superego now.

Can we please just have PFT in the room for every episode? Even if he's not involved (though he always should be), his laughter is just so infectious.

It's actually crazy that Andy basically played the straight man for once. With how dark he gets with his characters, it was pretty exceptional that August Lindt seemed to be the most grounded of the four absolute psychopaths sharing a room. I don't think that will ever happen again.

This podcast is just too good. We still have 4 episodes left, and I'm already mourning the end of it. Luckily his show is starting soon, and the promos look amazing.

• Like 4

This one is a solid DOUBLE listen - so brilliant.

For me, the biggest surprise is Herr Dulmann's arrival, sounding exactly like Burgermeister Meisterburger from Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Also, the discussion of Grizzly Man was simply amazing... Besser's Pope is really growing on me, too. He's like the Honey Badger Pope now - he don't give a f**k.

• Like 1

This. Was. Unreal.

I'm on my 4th listen and I'm still catching new stuff.

HR Giger joins the pantheon of the greats (to go with Herzog, Benedict and all of A. Daly).

Podcast of the year(s).

• Like 2

My god, ths was amazing. Maybe it's because I am German but both Werner Herzog and H.R. Giger have always been my favourite characters of PFT and Gourley (well, there's also Cakeboss (Cakeboss!) and J.W. Stillwater. And Gary Marshall has also recently grown on me. And Gourley's Ian Fleming is amazing. Maybe I don't have a favourite after all).

I've always wanted Giger and Herzog to meet and this exceeded all expectations. And they made it through with almost no hacky Nazi joke. Unfortunately that's still not the norm when talking about Germany in a comedy setting...

Edit: I also just learned on the James Bonding Podcast that Matt Gourley actually used to operate Push the Talking Trashcan when he worked at Disneyland!

• Like 3

I lost it at Herzog's throwaway about 'the DB Cooper of bears'.

• Like 2

Whenever I'm feeling down I skip to around 17 minutes in and wait for HR Giger to say, "It hurts to make, hurts to keep, I'ma gonna die soon," and I feel infinitely better.

• Like 5

18:15 on the soundcloud, and hilariously followed by "I don't know why I've become Italian - it happens when I get emotional."

https://soundcloud.com/andydaly/the-travel-bug-with-august

On a repeated listen, Kevin's "Mind Kampf" at 1:23:22 just caused laughter pains. "Yes, those are German words."

Whenever I'm feeling down I skip to around 17 minutes in and wait for HR Giger to say, "It hurts to make, hurts to keep, I'ma gonna die soon," and I feel infinitely better.

• Like 1

This technically isn't the place for this, but comments in these episodes got me to check out the Superego podcast. It took a few to get into it, but dear god I am love. The ones with Daly, Gourley, PFT Carter and so many more blew my goddamn mind.

• Like 3

This technically isn't the place for this, but comments in these episodes got me to check out the Superego podcast. It took a few to get into it, but dear god I am love. The ones with Daly, Gourley, PFT Carter and so many more blew my goddamn mind.

I came into The Travel Bug thinking "Aw man, PFT, Besser, Daly! I am gonna be in Heaven!" and then when it was over, I was thinking "Holy shit, Gourley's Giger stole the show!"

And then, I, too, went and explored Superego, and that podcast is amazing, as well.

• Like 3