🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 004 — The Travel Bug with August Lindt

You’re in for a treat as Andy Daly & Matt Gourley bring you a remarkable festival of German accents in a travel themed podcast pilot hosted by pretzel maker/world traveler August Lindt. August is in fantastic German company as he welcomes legendary director Werner Herzog, surrealist painter/sculptor H.R. Giger, and our former holiness Pope Benedict XVI to get acquainted with one another, share some travel tips, and recommend wonderful travel destinations. Plus, they play a game called Where In The World Are My Wife and Children?

If you’re in Los Angeles, don’t miss a LIVE taping of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project with Irish storyteller Patrick McMahon on Tuesday, March 11th at Molly Malone’s Irish Pub. Go to http://www.mollymalonesla.com/ for more info!

Also, mark your calendars as the premiere of “Review” on Comedy Central is on March 6th at 10pm!

• Like 3

Oh man, possibly better than the Dalton Wilcox episode. H.R. Giger stealing the show! It felt like The Dead Authors Podcast in there

• Like 12

If anyone's not familiar with HR Giger, they should definitely listen to this Superego sketch:

I love Giger's repeated calls to get back to the topic of cooking.

• Like 16

Sweet Jesus, only like a minute in I heard the off-mic laughter of PFT.

AND THEN HE WAS WERNER HERZOG and everything was perfect.

• Like 15

Won't be able to listen to it right away...is it Besser's Pope Benedict? Or someone else? Never mind, I see his name there now, I could have sworn it wasn't there before.

• Like 1

Won't be able to listen to it right away...is it Besser's Pope Benedict? Or someone else?

Pope Besser all the way. So good.

• Like 2

this is the one i was waiting for and holy fuck did it deliver great work everyone!

the kevinsutra

• Like 3

August Lindt's accent seems to waver between German and French, sometimes he kinda sounds like the greatest actor in all of France

• Like 1

Best podcast line-up ever assembled!!!

Andy Daly, Matt Besser, Matt Gourley and PFT all on one show?!?! Insane!!!!

• Like 4

That was utter lunacy, my favorite so far.

• Like 2

Some of the best improvisers in the world yelling at each other in indeterminable german accents? Yes please. This was amazing. I could have listened to several hours of this.

• Like 18

So great. And so true about Denver being no Amsterdam. The prostitutes are nowhere near walking distance to the Jon Benet Ramsay house.

• Like 1

HR Giger's review of Legoland had a SHOCKING lack of insane mispronunciations. I cannot say "dinosaur" correctly anymore thanks to Superego.

This episode is fucking magic, btw.

• Like 2

There actually is a children's book about a garbage barge that nobody wants, based on the MOBRO barge in the 90's51lw1WiOv3L.jpg

• Like 11

As someone who moved away from Denver years ago, Werner's description of the airport horse is correct. There is no freedom. There will never be freedom.

TXE8MXF.jpg

• Like 10

Haven't listened yet, but I absolutely adore every German in this episode, so I'm so stoked for this.

• Like 1

I wet myself! Probably the funniest podcast ever! So much fun, this one is going into my library.

YES!! I was hoping August Lindt would show up! He's my favorite Andy Daly character. Werner Herzog and Pope Benedict are the icing on the awesome cake.

I'll never get tired of comedians saying rediculous things with exaggerated German accents.

• Like 1

This is the funniest podcast episode of any show from any network in any universe ever. EVER!

"YAY KEVIN SPOKE!"

• Like 8

i give this episode 5 pulsating mood sacs

• Like 4