🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 122 — Ben Lee & the Seeing-Eye Lizards

Tune in for a special improv4humans with musical guest, Ben Lee, and the best improvisers in the universe Sean Conroy, Eugene Cordero, and Danielle Schneider. In this episode, pregnant with baby references, Ben Lee plays some great short songs that the improvisers use as inspiration for scenes. You'll learn how to score points on a first date and the T.S.A. will teach you how to protect America. Of course by the time you listen to this episode, it will probably be out of date, still tune in to hear Ben Lee talk about his song writing process, and Eugene Cordero's single, "Welcome to the Booty Party". Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

• Like 1

Goddamn, Eugene Cordero is so fucking funny. Really enjoyed his waiter character in the Date sketch, and his character afterward was really funny. Danielle and Sean were also great as usual.

I thought the use of Ben Lee was really cool too. Cool interview with him and Matt. You should try to do that again with other songwriters.

• Like 2

Goddamn, Eugene Cordero is so fucking funny. Really enjoyed his waiter character in the Date sketch, and his character afterward was really funny. Danielle and Sean were also great as usual.

I thought the use of Ben Lee was really cool too. Cool interview with him and Matt. You should try to do that again with other songwriters.

"Get that olive oil, bitch!"

Ben Lee was really great doing the music to Eugene's songs.

If anybody is on any indie music boards that would be interested in a Ben Lee episode please help us spread the word. I think Ben really brought it.

• Like 7

There's been so much going on at Earwolf recently, but this episode is proof as to why this show is one of the best going. Anywhere. So, so good. Loved the music and the scenes that came out of it. Loved Eugene and having Danielle back. I've loved all of the recent Earwolf appearances by Sean. And of course, Besser, dude, you seriously kick ass. You always bring it.

I have to say, that Canadian border scene had me in stitches. "Don't get the wrong idea from me boxing up your stuff..."

• Like 3

One of my favorite parts about improv4humans is how far they're willing to go in finding new formats to be inspired from and this was a perfect example of that.

• Like 2

Oh man. I wasn't sold on Ben Lee until I heard Chris Martin's Frown. Huge Coldplay fan, but that song was AMAZING. And it lead to an amazing scene.

Count me as another glad to hear Danielle's return. She's hilarious.

This whole episode was fantastic.

• Like 2

Count me as another glad to hear Danielle's return. She's hilarious.

This whole episode was fantastic.

She's one of the best improvisers around. I'm astonished every time she's on the show.

• Like 2

This episode feels so special! Everything seemed to click right into place.

I loved this episode. Taking inspiration from Ben Lee's songs, as well as from his descriptions of why he wrote them, worked really well. I’ve often wondered how Matt picks performers for this show, and this episode really made me think about it. One of my favorite episodes was Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Clair & Jason Mantzoukas and at the very beginning Matt comments on how he loved the energy in the room and thought it would make for great improv. I wonder if any considerations like that went into having the performers for this Ben Lee episode.

Sign in to follow this