🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 79 — MAD AS HELL

Dave Itzkoff of The New York Times and author of the new book “Mad As Hell: The Making of Network and the Fateful Vision of the Angriest Man in Movies” joins Jake to talk about story of Howard Beale. The first known instance of a man who was killed because he had lousy ratings. It’s an in depth discussion on Paddy Chayefsky’s satirical film Network you won’t want to miss. Don’t forget to check out all the videos from this episode are over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles! If you’re in Los Angeles, come join Jake as he presents a midnight 35mm screening of Ladies and Gentleman: The Fabulous Stains on Friday, April 4th at Cinefamily! Go to www.cinefamily.org for tickets.

• Like 3

Another incredible and informative episode. I love Network - so I was intrigued by this in depth discussion of the film.

Can I request another in-depth episode on the Jean Doumanian season is SNL?

Great episode. I haven't seen the movie in a while, and I don't think any pre-existing knowledge of it would be necessary to enjoy this.

Even though it strayed somewhat from the usual format, this was a fantastic ep. When Jake's enthusiasm is matched with a guest equally passionate and knowledgeable, great conversation results. I could have listen to another hour.

I think this was the best episode yet. It was different than the rest of the episodes but I loved the format. A really interesting topic mixed with a lot of data from both parties and clips that added to the trivia. Just a great all around episode. I've never seen NETWORK so I'm heading out to get it and pick up the book. Cheers!

Fantastic film.

I'm passionate about listening to Jake being passionate about things. Great episode!

• Like 1

Fantastic film. I'm passionate about listening to Jake being passionate about things. Great episode!
This is why I love the Fogelnest Files. Jake finds ways to make listening to discussions of classic films like 'Network' just as fascinating as discussions on public access TV insanity.
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this