🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JeffSargeant

Winter's Tale Corrections and Omissions

I've watched and listened to every single movie and every single podcast, but only just now joined the forum. I didn't see another thread for Winter's Tale Corrections and Omissions, so here goes.

I'm a librarian. So I was particularly bothered by the library scenes.

The "librarian" at the Isaac Penn Institute says he has that information on micorfiche, but then they get into the back room they look at microfilm on a reel. Not the same thing. A librarian would not make such a grievous mistake. This film is an affront to my profession.

And then of course microfilm does not work like an iPhoto slideshow, you don't just hit "next" it's actually really hard to look through and find things. Not to mention that those photos wouldn't even exist, would not be in order, and never would have been put on microfilm. Lazy filmmaking at its finest.

Otherwise thanks for making me go pay $14 to see this at Arclight. There were 6 other people in my Wednesday night showing. I was regularly laughing out loud. It's laughably terrible. This film really could be the new The Room.

• Like 5

This was kind of touched upon when talking about Russel Crowe's crew not shooting Colin Farrell, but WHY DOES THIS GANG PRIMARILY USE SPEARS? On the bridge, before Colin Farrell is headbutted to death, the gang all have jet black medieval-style spears. Two or three of them have swords, which is only incrementally less bizarre than fucking javelins as a weapon of choice for 1916 gangsters.

This was kind of touched upon when talking about Russel Crowe's crew not shooting Colin Farrell, but WHY DOES THIS GANG PRIMARILY USE SPEARS? On the bridge, before Colin Farrell is headbutted to death, the gang all have jet black medieval-style spears. Two or three of them have swords, which is only incrementally less bizarre than fucking javelins as a weapon of choice for 1916 gangsters.

Akiva: "Magic means I don't have to explain SHIT"

Like ThisGuy I have also been moved to sign up to discuss this movie. Here's my biggest problem: when Russel Crowe paints that picture of the redheaded girl and tells his men to find her they immediately do. This is, as mentioned the podcast, already impossible. However, we later find out that this picture of the redheaded girl (which Peter is also compulsively painting/chalking for 100 years) isn't even her. It's the cancer child. So not only did they manage to find Lady Downton using a picture drawn in blood with no features but even within the magical rules of the story IT WAS NOT HER! GAH!

• Like 1