🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DoublePrizes

McConaughey

Let us not forget that before he was legitimately good in three movies in a row, he was totally shitty in infinitely more movies.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the Oscars, but I'm assuming he began his acceptance speech with "alright alright alright"?

• Like 1

I didn't watch the Oscars, but I'm assuming he began his acceptance speech with "alright alright alright"?

He saved it for the end, this time.

Let us not forget that before he was legitimately good in three movies in a row, he was totally shitty in infinitely more movies.

It's a weird thing where both he and Woddy Harrelson have gone through this career resurgence in the past couple years. It's like a reverse Nic Cage where he had his really good performances in the beginning of his career and now he does exclusively shitty movies. Except for Matt and Woody, they had okay starts followed by a long droll of bad movies/chick flicks/cheap horror movies, and are now really shining as actors getting nominations or wins at the Oscars.

• Like 1

A lot of these guys are easy to make fun of, but we know who they are for a reason; at some points in their career, they exhibited serious chops. Woody chief amongst them, though I don't think he's ever been involved with anything as bad as Wicker Man, Failure to Launch, or From Paris With Love (nevermind, I just saw that he was a part of Free Birds).

A lot of these guys are easy to make fun of, but we know who they are for a reason; at some points in their career, they exhibited serious chops. Woody chief amongst them, though I don't think he's ever been involved with anything as bad as Wicker Man, Failure to Launch, or From Paris With Love (nevermind, I just saw that he was a part of Free Birds).

Woody was in 2012, that right there is as nuts as failure to launch.

Remember when in the Bad Ass episode Danny Trejo himself said McConaughey was one of these scary people who when you look them in the eye you see a little something that you just don't know?

Watch True Detective and see how spot on Trejo was when he said that:

The best thing on TV by right now by the way.

• Like 3

Does his Oscar win mean that we can FINALLY get the Criterion Collection treatment for "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation"? I think they missed the boat by not doing it when Zellweger was fresh off of HER win, but it may have worked out better this way, because now both leads are Academy Award winners!

• Like 1

To be honest, I've been an unabashed fan of McConaughey for a long time and have thought he's been underrated as an actor ever since we kind of forgot he had this period in his career in which he was in in movies like Amistad, Lone Star, and A Time to Kill. He did have to go through a wasteland of Failure to Launch and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, but he came out the other side to give us Lincoln Lawyer, Mud, Dallas Buyers Club, and True Detective. Plus, his abs are great!

Also, did anyone else think his scene was the best part of Wolf of Wall Street? I would have been ok with a Best Supporting Actor nomination for those five minutes.

• Like 1

He was good in Wolf, but there was just too much crazy awesomeness in that movie to pinpoint what was the best.

Also, did anyone else think his scene was the best part of Wolf of Wall Street? I would have been ok with a Best Supporting Actor nomination for those five minutes.

Totally agree. The minute I walked out of Wolf, I said to my wife, if his screen time qualifies he should win supporting actor.

Sign in to follow this