🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — The Cavern Explosion

The moment of truth is upon us. We join our heroes as they’re mere moments before a potentially fatal explosion deep within the cavern inhabited by the man rats. How will they prepare for the blast? Will they survive? Is this truly the end? Tune in to find out!

Oh man, that was brutal. Fucking Sark. A triumphant last stand for Sir Richard though.

• Like 1

First thing out of Sark's mouth at the start of the podcast, "You're all dead!" (laughter all around)

_†_†_†_†_†_

I'm off to tweet my condolences.

• Like 2

Shitty DM...

No, I'm actually excited at where you guys will go from here.

Sark, bravo sir!

• Like 1

Seems like Sark is hesitant to give one player two back-to-back player deaths—he has pretty well telegraphed that Damien's crispitude is not going to last, and he did the same thing with Sir Richard's critical diving suit failure.

Ooh, I wonder what badass weapon Damien will come back with in place of those crispy fingers?

Also can't wait to see what crazy over-the-top RP factory Jerry rolls up next.

• Like 5

So I guess for the next few episodes, at least, it's going to be Nerd Poker with a Couple of Brian Posehn's Friends and Former Friends.

God damn this episode was hard to listen to. Hilarious, but hard to listen to.

Maybe from now on they'll be a little more conscientious about healing in between games? Also, really looking forward to seeing what kind of unholy abomination Damien comes back as (?). Really hoping the old necromancer gets his due soon.

Not Sir Richard! He just had a couple of days left 'til retirement... in Glennishmore.

I'm busy as hell but goddam if this episode doesn't require a pic of Sir Richard walking through the flames.

• Like 4

FUCK! Damien's crispy fucking fingers! I wonder if Trondor will try to mount Mildred in dwarf heaven.

• Like 1

Seems like Sark is hesitant to give one player two back-to-back player deaths—he has pretty well telegraphed that Damien's crispitude is not going to last, and he did the same thing with Sir Richard's critical diving suit failure.

Ooh, I wonder what badass weapon Damien will come back with in place of those crispy fingers?

Also can't wait to see what crazy over-the-top RP factory Jerry rolls up next.

Cannot blame him though. As a DM I understand the hardship of making people reroll characters. Yes, it is a part of the game but still a sucky part to enforce.

As a side note, I don't think Sark would have saved him if Damien wasn't praying to Judas (I believe Sark said that was key at one point). I could see another deity resurrection/intervention because of that. Here comes Damien, now with Un-Spirit Fingers attack (the opposite of Spirit Fingers and not to be confused with Jazz Hands)!

Either this...

chainsaw--article_image.jpg

or this...

ash_480_poster.jpg

• Like 3

This episode...(literally) HOLY FUCK!!!

I've known many DMs (and GMs) that would of used all manner of retconning rolls to get a player to stay in the game...Sark more or less kills all but one, and then offs HIM as the Epilogue.

Now, THAT'S true D&D!!

• Like 3

I actually felt like Sark may have given Sir Richard a way out - if only he yielded to the giant man rat.

Of course, that would never be in his nature - so hats off to you, Sir Richard, you died as nobly as you lived!

• Like 10

I actually felt like Sark may have given Sir Richard a way out - if only he yielded to the giant man rat.

Rat Ogre? (another Skaven ref)

Got that feeling myself... part of me wonders if that has something to do with the "not dead yet" hints ("woohoo, we're alive but prisoners of were-rats").

• Like 2

Great episode!

On the one hand I want them to survive with the sacrifice of Sir Richard - but on the other I'd like to see some new characters! Sir Richard and Damien were replacements themselves and they've turned out brilliantly. Plus I guess I don't care for the 'deus ex machine' solution which saves everyone.

Personally, I'd like Mildred to be the sole survivor with maybe Blackie or Damien - say two survivors and a nice influx of new characters along the way. Whatever the case, I can't wait till next week to see how this all works out but I do hope that not all all of them survive…MWHA-HA-HA!

GZ

What a great session. I can't even be sad, Sir Richard went out the way he wanted. He was truely happy in the end. Although I would have definitely been calling out for Stargoyle, poor little guy :( I think I feel worse for him.

Also kuddos to Mildred on the water ;) I immediately thought of that when Sark said one action. One hit point can totally make a difference.

So very excited for the next epsiode!

• Like 1

I'm calling it.

StarGoyle comes back EEEEEEVIL...and VERY PISSED.

• Like 2

Agree w/ what many have said; I think Sark gave Sir Richard an out, and per usual, Sir Richard took the "I'm charging and fighting" fork when deciding whether or not to drop arms agains the Man-Rats. Not surprising :D

And, I do believe Damien is somehow saved via his Judas prayers; a great bit of detail dungeon mastering in my D&D novice opinion. I hope so; Damien's become my favorite, and think Brian's only just scratched the surface of the character's Emo-Goth ways.

What a huge, suspenseful episode. Anybody else flash back to Bart's 1st encounter w/ Sparklett, crying "What's happening" from the other room, while here Bart sat trembling in his own pooh, waiting to die? What an hysterical wuss in muscular, fire-breathing dragon-skin. :D

• Like 3

hearing brian saying how he was telling his wife about how much he was enjoying playing damian made me tear up

• Like 1

Personally, I'd like Mildred to be the sole survivor ...

I know, I know!

It will be down to Mildred and Trondoor, and they have to procreate to spawn a new race of warrior-dwarves to seek revenge on the man rats...

...actually, ew, no, forget it.

• Like 2

This brought back memories PTS of a recent 3 character slaughter in my DnD campaign.

That being said, does Sark roll his percentages as 0-99 or 1-100. Because if it is 1-100 then that wall destroying 30 was actually a 40 and this outcome would have been very different.