🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 005 — Eye On Theatre with Don DiMello

If you’re a fan of the theatre then this podcast pilot is right up your alley! This week Andy Daly & Matt Gourley present a podcast pilot all about the theatre from the unique perspective of theatrical director Don DiMello. Along with his co-host/theatre critic Mal Bachman, they’ll share a bit about their theatre background and review 3 current Los Angeles theatre productions. Then their longtime acquaintance Falcon drops by to explain what his job is when The Rockettes are no longer able to perform. Plus, Don gives aspiring star of the stage & Comedy Bang! Bang! intern Marissa Wompler a few tips on becoming a star as part of his mentorship.

Come see a live taping of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project at Molly Malone's Irish Pub in Los Angeles on TUESDAY, MARCH 11th at 8:30 p

• Like 2

FUUUUUCK YEEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!! Can't wait to get into this one. I was just thinking to myself, "Damn, its been a while since we've gotten to WOMP IT UP!!!!"

(Jessica St. Clair---a little something for daddy. :D )

• Like 3

My mind just literally exploded. I knew this was coming, and that Marissa was going to womp it upas well, but Zoukes also? WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?

• Like 3

The moment I have been waiting for, Don DiMello! Just started listening to this, but I can't believe the amazing star-studded lineup. A little something for Daddy!

• Like 2

Just got to the moment where Don says he "saw a young girl wandering around the earwolf studios" and I am fearing for the worst/best.

• Like 4

Ohhh man... hearing them have to explain Don Dimello's Pasadena Fairy Tale Theater productions to Marissa Wompler was HILARIOUS!!!

Gourley snrking is akin to PFT off-mic howls

• Like 11

Warning: do not listen to at work or somewhere where you wanna be quiet. I spent the last 100 minutes trying to stifle my laughter. Good luck, fellow listeners.

• Like 2

Oh no, Marrissa! NO!

We all wanted so much more for you than this. Please steer clear of Don DeMillo.

• Like 6

Jesus christ, just from looking at the line up I can tell this is going to be the best one yet.

Don: ....my protege, Marissa Wompler.

Marissa: Womp it up!!!

Don: What?

Marissa: Oh, that's my catchphrase--womp it up.

Don: Oh, don't say that.

Marissa: What? Oh. People seem to like it.

• Like 11

I wasn't sure if anything could ever top the Chip Gardner episode, but this one was just spectacular. So dark, and so hilarious.

I will say, however, that I was horrified for a moment by the possibility of Marissa Wompler being a casualty to the vortex of terror that is Don DiMello. Glad she had the wherewithal to get out in time.

• Like 7

I will say, however, that I was horrified for a moment by the possibility of Marissa Wompler being a casualty to the vortex of terror that is Don DiMello. Glad she had the wherewithal to get out in time.

Man, me too. Very relieved at the end of the episode that she chose possible death over the farm.

• Like 3

oh golly this episode was by far my favorite everyone was on point like i knew they would be instant classic thanks!!

• Like 2

I have a flight to catch this morning, and am already feeling bad for the folks sitting next to me, probably wondering why the weird looking dude with headphones on keeps cackling and saying "BRING OUT THE GIRLS!".

• Like 3

So who's left, besides Patrick McMahon? Hot Dog, the nurse dude, the Life of the Party guy, Cactus Tony, the middle eight guy, anyone else? Who will get the remaining two episodes (again not counting the Patrick McMahon live show)?

Is it too much to hope that Bob Ducca will guest on one of the remaining episodes? Or am I getting greedy?

• Like 3

I am not even halfway into the episode and I am legitimately scared. In other words, this is great!

I am terrified to listen to this. How can anything possible meet the expectation of that roster and setup, just the idea of what it might be is enough to make my day.

And 20 minutes in we've gotten complient horses with broken spirits wandering the city and Don contemplating the Vagina Monologues. I will be pimping this podcast so hard on Social media Don himself would be unsettled. F**k I love this podcast, and Daly and Zouks and Earwolf. Once St. Clair hits the mic I might start running around my house hooting in delight.

• Like 1

So who's left, besides Patrick McMahon? Hot Dog, the nurse dude, the Life of the Party guy, Cactus Tony, the middle eight guy, anyone else? Who will get the remaining two episodes (again not counting the Patrick McMahon live show)?

According to poster/picture for the podcast, Hot Dog and Life of the Party are left besides Patrick.

Oh, Golly!

• Like 3