🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Blast Hardcheese

Guests I'd Love To Hear of HDTGM

I want June to bring each of her fellow Grace and Frankie castmembers on at some point. Especially Baron Vaughn. The main 4 stars would never do it, but what I would give to listen to them riff on one of these movies...

Mark Duplass is the only cast member from The League who hasn't been on yet which upsets me because he's so funny and I want him to do it dammit

• Like 2

I want June to bring each of her fellow Grace and Frankie castmembers on at some point. Especially Baron Vaughn. The main 4 stars would never do it, but what I would give to listen to them riff on one of these movies...

Mark Duplass is the only cast member from The League who hasn't been on yet which upsets me because he's so funny and I want him to do it dammit

I was about to say, "What about Katie Aselton?!" and then I went and looked it up.

Guess I'm re-listening to the Temptation episode on the way home.

• Like 1

I was about to say, "What about Katie Aselton?!" and then I went and looked it up.

Guess I'm re-listening to the Temptation episode on the way home.

I just re-listened to this the other day for the Howdy's and it may be my very favorite episode! Enjoy your re-listen!

• Like 1

I just re-listened to this the other day for the Howdy's and it may be my very favorite episode! Enjoy your re-listen!

Holy shit. Not to derail this mostly stagnant thread, but you're right. I think I listened to this one while I was marathoning all the episodes when I first got into it, so it didn't particularly stand out to me. But, after relistening, this episode is fantastic. They start out talking about "top commas," and the episode just gets better from there.

I do love the live episodes, but listening to studio episodes remind me why I love this podcast. The live shows feel like performances. They're all entertainers and feed off of the energy of the crowd. But this just feels like four friends hanging out and cracking jokes about a silly-ass movie. It's so delightful.

• Like 1

Holy shit. Not to derail this mostly stagnant thread, but you're right. I think I listened to this one while I was marathoning all the episodes when I first got into it, so it didn't particularly stand out to me. But, after relistening, this episode is fantastic. They start out talking about "top commas," and the episode just gets better from there.

I do love the live episodes, but listening to studio episodes remind me why I love this podcast. The live shows feel like performances. They're all entertainers and feed off of the energy of the crowd. But this just feels like four friends hanging out and cracking jokes about a silly-ass movie. It's so delightful.

I'll cosign this. You're 100% right. I love the live episodes, but as I've been going through all the episodes, I feel more drawn to the studio episodes--especially ones like Junior and Monkey Shines where there were completely guest-less. Now, I'm not advocating for no live episodes or guests, but it's the studio episodes where I really get the feeling that they enjoy doing just this because they like hanging out together and making each other laugh.

...or maybe they can't stand each other and they are the three greatest actors on the planet.

• Like 1

I'll cosign this. You're 100% right. I love the live episodes, but as I've been going through all the episodes, I feel more drawn to the studio episodes--especially ones like Junior and Monkey Shines where there were completely guest-less. Now, I'm not advocating for no live episodes or guests, but it's the studio episodes where I really get the feeling that they enjoy doing just this because they like hanging out together and making each other laugh.

...or maybe they can't stand each other and they are the three greatest actors on the planet.

I have definitely wondered if Paul and Zouks' relationship changed after The League ended.

• Like 1

I have definitely wondered if Paul and Zouks' relationship changed after The League ended.

Really? I never really thought about it...

How so?

Really? I never really thought about it...

How so?

I assume they don't see each other as much anymore? They aren't co-workers anymore. They do seem to be real friends, though.

• Like 1

Not to derail this mostly stagnant thread...

...but I'm surprised anyone (especially women) want to be guests on this podcast anymore, giving the venomous lambasting recent guests have received in the comments section after the episodes go up. Either the they aren't funny enough, or engaged enough, or have shrill laughs, or don't generate any at all. It's fairly disheartening.

• Like 4