🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Blast Hardcheese

Guests I'd Love To Hear of HDTGM

- Bill Corbett - MST3K/Rifftrax alumni, also wrote Meet Dave, which might be interesting

- Kevin Murphy - MST3K/Rifftrax alumni - Just awesome

- Patton Oswalt - well, yeah. he's just brilliant

- Bobscratch Goldfarb - another genius

- Dana Gould - you'd probably have to watch something that was made before y'all were born, but that's not a bad thing.

- Bob Odenkirk - because, fuck yeah

- Bryan Fuller - Something tells me this guy can riff and have a fucking great time.

- Michael McKean - Do I really need to justify this?

Second the Patton Oswalt! The Punisher episode is amazing. Patton live with the movie being Troll 2 would be epic.

• Like 1

I know theres essentially a 0% chance of this happening, but I would give anything if they managed to get Bill Burr for an episode. The thought of him taking down a movie for an hour with Paul, Jason and June is pretty goddamn amazing, at least in my own imagination.

Why zero, Bill's always doing takedowns of movies on other shows or sites, I'd think there would be a good chance of him being on eventually.

See I don't know if a character can hold up for an entire episode like they do with CBB or Doug Loves Movies, especially Herzog who PFT makes incredibly weird. Also, if PFT should do a character I would think it would be Ice-T who has a bevy of bad movies to his name.

See I don't know if a character can hold up for an entire episode like they do with CBB or Doug Loves Movies, especially Herzog who PFT makes incredibly weird. Also, if PFT should do a character I would think it would be Ice-T who has a bevy of bad movies to his name.

They floated the idea of Werner during Deep Blue Sea earlier and PFT was all for it, I think it would work just fine since Paul is masterful at finding the right balance and tone. Plus mixing things up every now and then is never a bad thing.

After "The Revenant" comes out, they should do an episode with Dave Anthony and Gareth Williams from The Dollop to discuss how accurately Hugh Glass was portrayed.

Sean Clements & Hayes Davenport

• Like 1

Since I saw hotwives I have really been hoping Angela Kinsey is a guest. Also would like Illana Glazer, Mike Birbiglia, Aziz Ansari, or Tig Notaro.

Tig's another one like Lauren Lapkus where I went, "Of course she's been on here!" and then thought about it for a second and realized she hadn't. She seems like she should have been on HDTGM already.

And I'd love to have Ilana on, but we got Abbi already, and she's my total favorite. WAIT! COULD WE GET THEM BOTH THE NEXT TIME JUNE HAS TO BE OUT?!

• Like 1

Tig's another one like Lauren Lapkus where I went, "Of course she's been on here!" and then thought about it for a second and realized she hadn't. She seems like she should have been on HDTGM already.

HDTGM will never get Tig as a guest unless they cover one of the two movies she's seen: Grease or Star Wars.

• Like 3

HDTGM will never get Tig as a guest unless they cover one of the two movies she's seen: Grease or Star Wars.

Tig Nitaro = the only person I've seen consistently win on Doug Loves Movies despite never seeing a movie in the last 25 years.

• Like 3

What if they do Grease 2? Would she actually watch that?

TIG!! That would be wonderful!! She is so darned funny!! I just love her delivery. It would be great.

And I just need to say, I wish Harris Wittels was still here for many reasons, the least of which is he would have been a great guest.

Awhile back, someone suggested doing a crappy Garry Marshall movie, and having Paul F. Tompkins back for that ep. as Garry.

I'd like Howard Kremer to come back. He is hilarious!!! He was good on "Reindeer Games," and his three guest spots on April Richardson's "Go Bayside!" podcast (particularly the "Rockumentary" episode), are three of the funniest things I've ever heard.

And I agree with the person who suggested bringing back Drew Droege. He was wonderful on "Liz and Dick." Have him back to do "Lucky You."

Paula Poundstone. She could do a Daryl Hannah movie!

• Like 1

I kind of think it would be funny to have Tig on with a movie that she refused to see. It would just fit her personality so perfectly.

• Like 2

I kind of think it would be funny to have Tig on with a movie that she refused to see. It would just fit her personality so perfectly.

Just her reacting to the gang's dissection of it would be A+

• Like 2

Some I would like to hear:

James Adomian

Thomas Middleditch

Ralph Garman

Adam Carolla

Charlie Day

Mary Elizabeth Ellis

Todd Barry

Some I would like to return:

Nathan Fielder

Seth Morris

Rob Corddry

Tim Heidecker

Pete Holmes

Lennon Parham

I would love to hear George St.Geegland and Gil Faizon do a movie set in New York. They could even do a series of episodes, starting with Little Nicky, and dig into the fall of Happy Madison.

• Like 1

Lauren Lapkus AND Mary Holland, please. That is all.

Recently on twitter I pitched a gender-swapped remake of Weird Science starring the two of them and they were both really into it! Something tells me that won't get made anytime soon but it would be a great movie for them to guest on. (Classic good bad movie)

ps. if you're curious i rounded out the casting with Rhea Butcher as the older brother/sister in bill paxton's role and figured Franco was a natural pick for the made-man.

I still can't believe Aziz Ansari hasn't been a guest yet. From the time HDTGM started to now he's become a superstar, so he probably doesn't even have the time anymore.

• Like 2