🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 23 — DC Pierson, Our Close Friend

Hey gang, been thinking maybe one of you could do a long post about Ayn Rando. Hayes just read Alias Shrugged and it "blew his mind." The part where Michael Vartan shuts down the railroad or something? Great part. Hayes lost it for that part and had to call my landline to talk about it and that woke up my dad (have my own line, but rings pretty loud). Maybe focus on that part of Ayn Rando's work.

• Like 15

I just saw on ESPN that Rando Moss (who was coincidentally born in Rando, West Virginia), was planning on joining the NFL (Never Fully Listening) for the 2014 season. Apparently this group of people gather up all of the top musicians of the year, wrap them in moldy bacon, and then see how long they can jumprope on a newborn harp seal without coughing.

WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?! Is it just me, or is that...

Anyone else read "Anthem" by Ayn Rando? Its so fucking funny, she was all like "LOL I'm not gonna use the word I in the whole story" Talk about random!

Also I love Broad City, I have a huge crush on Abbi, could you guys hook me up?

Dramatis Personae

MICHAEL VARTAN - Michael Vartan

PAINTING ON THE WALL - Gene Hackman

INT. MICHAEL VARTAN'S APT. - EVENING

We see MICHAEL VARTAN speaking like a man with big big cajones into a phone.

MICHAEL VARTAN

Shut down them railroads NOW I said!

PAINTING ON THE WALL

Hold on now Mr Tickles, don't

you get all catty wompus

• Like 5

Hey gang, been thinking maybe one of you could do a long post about Ayn Rando. Hayes just read Alias Shrugged and it "blew his mind." The part where Michael Vartan shuts down the railroad or something? Great part. Hayes lost it for that part and had to call my landline to talk about it and that woke up my dad (have my own line, but rings pretty loud). Maybe focus on that part of Ayn Rando's work.

You sure Hayes didn't just watch the Ron Paul episode of E! True Hollywood Stories?

my movie thread died so here is a new idea;

x men 4, wolverine shrugged

wolverine gets his adamantium skeleton replaced with a rearden metal one and it leeches in to his brain, causing him to "go galt" in an extreme way, killing poor people

the other x men consider stopping him but they have other things to do

• Like 6

hypothetical scenario...

...two hollywood 'it-boys' take a break from crushin' to start a weekly advice column.

A. What would you call the column?

B. What types of things might you ask them?

i'll toss one into the mixer --

Dear Uncles Clements and Davenport,

Boys, you know I respect your opinion and that's why i'm writing (Thanks again for bailing me out last time--the name North West was a real hit). But i'm in trouble again, the wedding is just around the corner and the guest list is starting to dwarf our venue. My beach house is just TOO DARN SMALL. I know that my place isn't nearly as roomy as your Santa Barbara house but I thought you might have some tips.

-Kanye

p.s. have you seen my tevas? i think i left them there that time when you taught me to throw a spiral..

p.p.s.

I'm in a really big pickle here buds. Jay said he will not be my best man. Any way you guys could both do it?

• Like 2

PAINTING ON THE WALL

Hold on now Mr Tickles, don't

you get all catty wompus

That commercial drives me nuts! I hate it so, so much. I can't figure out how it's supposed to be funny, but I just keep trying to make sense of it. The reaction from the dog painting makes it even harder to decipher. I guess that's rando humor for you. It just exists to confuse us intellectuals.

• Like 2

hypothetical scenario...

...two hollywood 'it-boys' take a break from crushin' to start a weekly advice column.

A. What would you call the column?

B. What types of things might you ask them?

i'll toss one into the mixer --

Dear Uncles Clements and Davenport,

Boys, you know I respect your opinion and that's why i'm writing (Thanks again for bailing me out last time--the name North West was a real hit). But i'm in trouble again, the wedding is just around the corner and the guest list is starting to dwarf our venue. My beach house is just TOO DARN SMALL. I know that my place isn't nearly as roomy as your Santa Barbara house but I thought you might have some tips.

-Kanye

p.s. have you seen my tevas? i think i left them there that time when you taught me to throw a spiral..

A. Clearly this needs to be called "Show-me-the-biz" -or- "HollyWisdom"

B.

Dear Papa Clem & Unky Dav,

As old pros here in Hollywood I felt I had to bring my situation straight to you and avoid all the hoopla surrounding the other avenues (re: the gossip machine that lurks in this town). I've got some real probs. going on with these lawyer guys I hired to take care of my case where I "accidentally" murdered a burglar in my house that later turned out to be my boo Reeva. Yikes! I know riiiiight? Anyways it's not looking good, they suck real real bad and I think I need to re-examine my options. I'm convinced they're all robots, just like that traffic light I killed. Anyhoo, can you give me the names of the guys that handled your producer credit lawsuit from Maid in Manhattan? I'd gladly give my left foot to find a good attorney in LA (wink, wink).

Your Buddy,

The Blade Runner (Oscar Pistorious)

p.s. Hayes I still have your cricket bat, might need to keep it a 'lil longer. Thx!

• Like 4

I read Ayn Rando's books one Sunday morning when it was raining--don't you just love it when you wake up on a lazy Sunday morning and it's raining? Just makes you want to cuddle up with a book and read all day (I am 1/8 Native American ((Cherokee-five, Clemmy!)) so the sound and smell of rain really just make me feel so connected, and calm and relaxed). So I just had one of those just magical days where it was just me (the wifey was out for a freegan conference that weekend), a few books, my bed, and mother Gaia, and we were all as one (there might have been some wine later on, too, if you pull my arm to confess it!). It was just a beautiful experience, and the books were really very good also. I think Ayn Rando really was very good and also I think she might even have been better than some of the other authors I've read on my "No-Sun Sundays" (that's what I call these types of amazing, unique, beautiful days).

• Like 2

Rancho Cucamonga Hollywood Hot Tub Tours? So Rando.

Papa Smurf getting a Pap Smear, so rando! His blood is blue and contains HPV(High Potency Venom) SO RANDO LOL

• Like 4

Thanks Hayes and Sean for turning this little corner of the internet into the Home of Rando Humour. Nine out of seven flying monkeys from space agree!!! heh

Rando Access Mammaries!!

• Like 3

So, this is a first. I am posting on the forum without first hearing this week's episode. Part of this relates to my busy schedule, but I'd say the majority relates to whoever completely FUCKED UP PUTTING IT ON ITUNES. Now, I'm not pointing any fingers, but my STEROIDS ARE! Sorry, trying to get in shape for 2016 Pilot Season.

But all steroids aside, I plan on listening tomorrow morning at which point I'll come on here and provide some more insight, but according to the forums this week the topics most related to the episode are:

1) Marlon Rando

2) Ayn Rando

3) Chanson

4) Paintings

5) Greggy's lost film idea thread and repairing the damages done thereto

6) Lists that go to the number 6)

Let me know if I'm way off base. I'll be back tomorrow.

• Like 5

no u misunderstood matt, we were all of us talking about things that didnt have anything to do with the show so as not to spoil it for you

• Like 4

page 3 is the place 2 b

• Like 4

A little birdie told me that the cast of Monuments Men will be next weeks guests. Does anyone else hate their acid flashbacks?

no u misunderstood matt, we were all of us talking about things that didnt have anything to do with the show so as not to spoil it for you

No. I was intentionally trying to ruin it for you. You know, because of how rando I am.

When is Steve Martin going to be on?

He had a scheduling conflict, so they are working on getting Chevy Chase instead

After listening, my largest takeaway is that I made that same Marlon Rando joke (which is what I've called my buddy Randall for years) that Sean made. Aside from that, decent ep. I'd give it a letter grade, but instead I'll just give it a 32 so as to be totally Rando Calrissian.

• Like 4

Did anyone else notice the Hollywood Handbook reference in the final episode of True Detective? That lady that Marty and Rust talked to in the nursing home had some serious taffy chewing skills.

• Like 1

hey guys,

if we were hypothetically bringing in a big hollywood star tomorrow to do a reading of a pilot he wrote, what does the popcorn gallery think the show would be called?

• Like 4

hey guys,

if we were hypothetically bringing in a big hollywood star tomorrow to do a reading of a pilot he wrote, what does the popcorn gallery think the show would be called?

I really feel like this is Greggy's turf, but I will give it a shot:

1. Home for the Holidaze: A hardworking man (Jimmy) is forced to let his pot-smoking brother move into his studio apartment and teach him that climbing the corporate ladder isn't the only way to get high in life.

2. Swept Away: A janitor (Jimmy) and his family win the lottery and move from their small Iowa town to L.A.. Jimmy wants to take his shot to be on the silver screen but may be sweeping up more problems than his broom can handle.

3. M.S.13+1: El Salvadorian gang leader, Himmy, feels like he is on top of the world after his successful drive-by on rival gang Calle 8. When Himmy hears the cries of a Calle 8 baby that was hidden in the bushes, he knows that being a daddy was his destino. With this new addition to the M.S. family, Himmy will realize what seemed as easy as pi really equals a lot of love in the end.

I know that this needs more typos in it for the authentic Greggy vibe, but hey...

• Like 6