Episode 83.5 — Minisode 83.5

63 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Get pumped as next week is the first of TWO Hulk Hogan flicks and it will not disappoint as no holds are barred! Paul makes some very exciting announcements regarding the show and his life. Then, a special HDTGM listener by the name of Benjamin brings up many good points as Paul goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Winter's Tale. After a very special PSA about Patent Trolls, Paul describes dog hell as he gives As to your Qs! Prepare yourself for the LIVE at Largo shows this Friday (March 14th) by watching No Holds Barred (8pm) & Mr. Nanny (10pm). Also, don’t forget to treat yourself by grabbing a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

#2 Paul Ciampanelli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Mazel tov, June and Paul!

The show's graphic is now more bizarrely appropriate than ever before.

#3 wonderboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Fred Claus 2 with Sly and Cage, why hasn't this been made yet?

#4 Bright Anderson

Meat Popsicle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSandy, OR

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

Putting your child ahead of your podcast? Typical Hollywood elitism. I demand the same frequency of episodes or I will no longer pay $0 every week for this amazing content. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Paul. Oh, wait, no secondhand smoke for the precious baby. Disgusting.

Seriously though, congratulations. Seems like everyone on HDTGM is winning at life right now. Best wishes to you all for the future!

#5 brandenhaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

I have no wife, no children, and no life because I like to keep my priorities straight. I put podcasting first, above all other things! ;) While HDTGM has slowed down a bit, some of you might like to listen to my podcast at TortureVision.com. We review bad movies and "very special" classic television shows. Some advanced warning: We're nowhere near as funny as HDTGM, perhaps even when we're competing with their silence. :) So check TortureVision out now... It's the podcast no one is listening to!
Paul Scheer: "Branden, guess what? You're the first Correction and Ommission to get BOOTED!" (Minisode 79.5)

#6 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

think we were all expecting the show to be scaled back with all the new tv shows and the new human on the way. i personally cant wait for the babies views on crappy films.

#7 Josh T1326657816

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

Congrats!!

I'm excited to hear what the first movie will be that the baby sits through.

#8 2COOL4U69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

I really hope Graham Clark is a guest on one of these Hulk Hogan episodes.

Probably not going to happen but boy would it be neat.

#9 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

As long as we get HDTGM comes out, I'm a happy camper. I'm elated that Paul and June are bringing in a bundle of joy and priorities must be adjusted. All this does is makes the episodes that much more special to listen to!

I tried to get tickets for both Largo shows but man, that sold out fast.....

#10 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but when discussing June's absence for Winter's Tale, Paul said they had a baby coming and they didn't want to subject him to the movie. Is the baby a boy? Either way, the name is going to be Angela, right? (I can't remember who originally said that on the forum, but props to you.)

Like people above have said, I'm just happy that HDTGM was able to keep such a consistent schedule for so long -- a truly impressive feat given everyone's outside commitments that actually pay them real money. I like Paul's idea of getting the gang together to just shoot the shit and talk movies or whatever; maybe just watch trailers and review them? Record a handful at a time, once a month, release them weekly?

It's really great to see people at Earwolf growing more successful. Between Comedy Big Bang Theory on IFC, Andy Daly's new show on Comedy Central, Paul F Tompkins getting a pilot, Paul and June on NSTF:SD:SUV::, The League, Kroll Show, etc etc. We're in a new golden age of comedy. I just read it somewhere else yesterday, can't remember, but someone compared the state of comedy today to what punk/alternative/etc music was like in the early 1990s -- just a ton of exciting things happening everywhere, and anyone can start something if they want to.

#11 broncotruck11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

A hormonal pregnant June commenting on bad movies? Yes PLEASE!

#12 broncotruck11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Any chance of a live episode while June goes into labor? It would literally be bonkers...

#13 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

The talk of babies and subjecting them to movies they shouldn't see reminded me of a tale from my own past, as my parents have told me that they used to frequent the drive-in movie theater, because they had an infant son and they weren't assholes. Anyway, the night would often end with them falling asleep and my baby self likely being subjected to unspeakable horrors. For instance, they went to see "Alien" when I was one, and they don't remember a frame of it, but there I was, strapped helplessly in my car seat, being subjected to the horror all "Clockwork Orange"-style. Fast forward to 1986: They have an eight-year-old son and a five-year-old daughter that want to see "Space Camp", which probably BORED them to sleep, which I can't understand, because Joaquin Phoenix put on a fucking clinic. The second feature? "Aliens". Oh, I remember being traumatized by this one. Holy shit, do I remember. "Kill me...killlllll meeeeee....." *SPLORCH*
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#14 Wien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Locationaustin, tx

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

1 HDTGM per month? Introducing a new child character? The end is nigh. :(
THIS CONCLAVE IS OVER!!!!!!

#15 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostWien, on 11 March 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

1 HDTGM per month? Introducing a new child character? The end is nigh. :(

Next thing you know, they'll marry Jason off to a female guest that's only been around for three episodes, the title will officially be shortened to "How...?!?!?", Ted McGinley will start dropping by, and the show will be moved to Friday nights!
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#16 Joe Lerini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostPaul Ciampanelli, on 11 March 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Mazel tov, June and Paul!

The show's graphic is now more bizarrely appropriate than ever before.

Maybe this Memezoukas takes on new meaning too?
Posted Image

#17 Strable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Tempted to legally add an extra b to my last name to justify the mispronouncing of it. In all fairness, I've lived through that my whole life.

#18 jarrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • LocationMelonville

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostBright Anderson, on 11 March 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Putting your child ahead of your podcast? Typical Hollywood elitism. I demand the same frequency of episodes or I will no longer pay $0 every week for this amazing content. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Paul. Oh, wait, no secondhand smoke for the precious baby. Disgusting.

What they should do is record two or three shows for the month all together and that way they would have more time for the kid and show Showbiz life. I don't know why they would not do this in the first place. they sorta of been doing this with the largo theatre. I can't see why not just sit down in the recording studio and record two at a time. plus that kids going to be a great later on in life they can use him to read the amazon 5 star reviews.

#19 dlo burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSaltoclypse, UT

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

If anyone is interested in bears destroying civilization, well...

http://bearmageddon....1/08/01/page-1/

[From the co-creator of Axe Cop]

#20 Michael Bay of Pigsmas

Formerly Bill Russell Crowe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationBroward Country, Florida

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Bittersweet minisode. Enjoy your baby.
^cool post