🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 83.5 — Minisode 83.5

Get pumped as next week is the first of TWO Hulk Hogan flicks and it will not disappoint as

Paul makes some very exciting announcements regarding the show and his life. Then, a special HDTGM listener by the name of Benjamin brings up many good points as Paul goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Winter's Tale. After a very special PSA about Patent Trolls, Paul describes dog hell as he gives As to your Qs! Prepare yourself for the LIVE at Largo shows this Friday (March 14th) by watching No Holds Barred (8pm) & Mr. Nanny (10pm). Also, don’t forget to treat yourself by grabbing a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

Mazel tov, June and Paul!

The show's graphic is now more bizarrely appropriate than ever before.

• Like 3

Putting your child ahead of your podcast? Typical Hollywood elitism. I demand the same frequency of episodes or I will no longer pay $0 every week for this amazing content. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Paul. Oh, wait, no secondhand smoke for the precious baby. Disgusting.

Seriously though, congratulations. Seems like everyone on HDTGM is winning at life right now. Best wishes to you all for the future!

• Like 4

I have no wife, no children, and no life because I like to keep my priorities straight. I put podcasting first, above all other things! ;) While HDTGM has slowed down a bit, some of you might like to listen to my podcast at TortureVision.com. We review bad movies and "very special" classic television shows. Some advanced warning: We're nowhere near as funny as HDTGM, perhaps even when we're competing with their silence. :) So check TortureVision out now... It's the podcast no one is listening to!

• Like 2

Congrats!!

I'm excited to hear what the first movie will be that the baby sits through.

I really hope Graham Clark is a guest on one of these Hulk Hogan episodes.

Probably not going to happen but boy would it be neat.

As long as we get HDTGM comes out, I'm a happy camper. I'm elated that Paul and June are bringing in a bundle of joy and priorities must be adjusted. All this does is makes the episodes that much more special to listen to!

I tried to get tickets for both Largo shows but man, that sold out fast.....

• Like 1

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but when discussing June's absence for Winter's Tale, Paul said they had a baby coming and they didn't want to subject him to the movie. Is the baby a boy? Either way, the name is going to be Angela, right? (I can't remember who originally said that on the forum, but props to you.)

Like people above have said, I'm just happy that HDTGM was able to keep such a consistent schedule for so long -- a truly impressive feat given everyone's outside commitments that actually pay them real money. I like Paul's idea of getting the gang together to just shoot the shit and talk movies or whatever; maybe just watch trailers and review them? Record a handful at a time, once a month, release them weekly?

It's really great to see people at Earwolf growing more successful. Between Comedy Big Bang Theory on IFC, Andy Daly's new show on Comedy Central, Paul F Tompkins getting a pilot, Paul and June on NSTF:SD:SUV::, The League, Kroll Show, etc etc. We're in a new golden age of comedy. I just read it somewhere else yesterday, can't remember, but someone compared the state of comedy today to what punk/alternative/etc music was like in the early 1990s -- just a ton of exciting things happening everywhere, and anyone can start something if they want to.

• Like 3

The talk of babies and subjecting them to movies they shouldn't see reminded me of a tale from my own past, as my parents have told me that they used to frequent the drive-in movie theater, because they had an infant son and they weren't assholes. Anyway, the night would often end with them falling asleep and my baby self likely being subjected to unspeakable horrors. For instance, they went to see "Alien" when I was one, and they don't remember a frame of it, but there I was, strapped helplessly in my car seat, being subjected to the horror all "Clockwork Orange"-style. Fast forward to 1986: They have an eight-year-old son and a five-year-old daughter that want to see "Space Camp", which probably BORED them to sleep, which I can't understand, because Joaquin Phoenix put on a fucking clinic. The second feature? "Aliens". Oh, I remember being traumatized by this one. Holy shit, do I remember. "Kill me...killlllll meeeeee....." *SPLORCH*

1 HDTGM per month? Introducing a new child character? The end is nigh. :(

1 HDTGM per month? Introducing a new child character? The end is nigh. :(

Next thing you know, they'll marry Jason off to a female guest that's only been around for three episodes, the title will officially be shortened to "How...?!?!?", Ted McGinley will start dropping by, and the show will be moved to Friday nights!

• Like 2

Mazel tov, June and Paul!

The show's graphic is now more bizarrely appropriate than ever before.

Maybe this Memezoukas takes on new meaning too?

Nextlevelbonkers_zps46fb7010.jpg

• Like 5

Tempted to legally add an extra b to my last name to justify the mispronouncing of it. In all fairness, I've lived through that my whole life.

Putting your child ahead of your podcast? Typical Hollywood elitism. I demand the same frequency of episodes or I will no longer pay $0 every week for this amazing content. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Paul. Oh, wait, no secondhand smoke for the precious baby. Disgusting.

What they should do is record two or three shows for the month all together and that way they would have more time for the kid and show Showbiz life. I don't know why they would not do this in the first place. they sorta of been doing this with the largo theatre. I can't see why not just sit down in the recording studio and record two at a time. plus that kids going to be a great later on in life they can use him to read the amazon 5 star reviews.

I think "Patent Troll" would go largely ignored, but we kind of need it out of the way first to get to "Patent Troll 2", which is where the magic REALLY happens. Nilbog is "Frivolous Lawsuit" backwards!!!

• Like 3

So sad for me and happy for June and Paul, but also hopeful that the future brings great some great podcast listening from Jason, June, and Paul.

Also, was it just me or did it sound like Paul had an egg timer going in the background?

Oh, and what's this bullshit from Paul about not being ready for or not knowing what to do with a kid? If you look back at your long, illustrious history, "How Did This Get Made?" has brought you to this moment! You can't tell me that "Jack Frost", "Jingle All the Way", "Over the Top", "Crossroads", "Old Dogs", and even "Sleepaway Camp" weren't master classes in successful child-rearing and that you haven't learned almost all you need to know about raising kids in these last three years or so. Just make sure you keep getting your kid the coolest Christmas toys with all your arm-wrestling earnings and that you make peace with your loved ones after you're reincarnated as a Clooney-like snowman, and all will be well. Do I really need to tell you what snow dad is better than guys?

• Like 1

While "inspired" isn't the first word that comes to mind when discussing the misunderstood masterpiece that is "No Holds Barred", it certainly did inspire the excellent Gregory Iron t-shirt pictured here, so head on over to his page and support the Handicapped Hero when he comes to your town!

https://www.facebook.com/thehandicappedhero?fref=ts

1655855_10100318417411226_2046427552_n.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your awesome well wishes. You are all the best listeners in the entire podcast world.

I know 99.9% of you totally get where we are coming from but I just want to be clear the cut down in episodes is a temporary thing...We're currently trying to bank a bunch beforehand. Hopefully we'll be back to normal soon but since we don't know exactly when we are having the kid (Could come early, late, or right on time) We want to cover our bases and not go unexpectedly dark, so we are starting this a pre-emptive measure. Basically this is our attempt to deliver the show consistently and the way we want to do it, with the 3 of us. So thanks for being understanding and I guarantee that we'll be doing some cool content during this period, including NEW episodes.

But now I will share the only negative reaction I got this news and it really made me laugh.

Name:

Anonymous Anonymous

Message Body:

As someone who use to donate monthly to this podcast, and support it by signing up for the "advertisements" listed on the website I regret to say I will no longer be doing this. With the announcement that the shows will be cut back because they are having a child almost seems like a slap in the face of the fans. Is it hard to hire a baby sitter for an hour or two? As they are both actors they will already have to more then likely hire a nanny as I doubt they'll be bringing their child on set with them when they film their TV series, or do other engaging things as actors. This is the equivalent to someone having a child and telling their boss their going to cut their hours down by half, how much of an asset is that person to their job now? I LOVED this podcast, it was easily one of the best podcasts out there. But only having a single podcast(mini episodes don't count since its just ad's and reading non sense questions off of Facebook) is death to any podcast, and shows a lack

of interest of that podcast. It's one thing to have it be a hobby of yours, but if that was the case there wouldn't be advertising non stop, and merchandise for sale. I'm all for being compensated for talent and time, don't get me wrong on that. But either you're in, or you're out, and it seems like they have one foot in and one foot out. Great they might be starting a new podcast! But we don't want a new podcast, we like HDTGM, and the format offered. This just seems like some horrible idea of offering something that'll stop fans from jumping ship. It just doesn't seem worth it paying monthly for something that's being cut in half, and I doubt I'm the only one feeling this way. Thanks for the hours of entertainment, but in this day and age when there's thousands of quality podcasts, you need to give it %100 not %50.

I don't even want to address the concerns above but I will because I'm bored and the fact the listener didn't sign his/her name means I can't address them directly.

1.) Re: "Telling their boss they are going to cut their hours down by 1/2" - I guess this person has never heard of maternity leave?

2.) Re: "Mini's don't count" -- SAD FACE EMOTICON -- Also I think the ratio of ads to content in those is pretty light, about 1 minute of pre-roll and about 30 minutes of commercial free time. THat's better than JackFM!

3.) Re: New Podcast -- Nothing is replacing HDTGM but we've talked in the past about trying something along the lines of the guest-less episodes of Nerdist and thought this could be a fun thing to try. If we all took that advice to stick with one format than you'd never get cool spin-off shows like Analyze Phish, Dead Authors Podcast, James Bonding, and basically Kevin Smith's whole network)

4.) 100% vs 50% -- My response is take your own advice if you want to write a dicky email sign it with your actual email don't be a 50% dick be a 100% one.

Anyway..Let HULKMANIA begin!

• Like 16

Sign in to follow this