🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 83.5 — Minisode 83.5

I really cannot wait for this episode. No Holds Barred is as bad or maybe even a tiny bit worse than Gymkata.

I really cannot wait for this episode. No Holds Barred is as bad or maybe even a tiny bit worse than Gymkata.

The ONLY problem with this episode was that it was restricted time wise as a live show.

So wait, the premise to this movie is that professional wrestling is real, but they don't take advantage of editing to make it look any more real, and the villain is the "World Television Network" owner who wants Hulk gone because the ratings go into the toilet whenever the league's #1 superstar wins a match? And he can't just fire Hulk as the owner so he needs to find someone who can beat him in a staged match?

What is going on...

So wait, the premise to this movie is that professional wrestling is real, but they don't take advantage of editing to make it look any more real, and the villain is the "World Television Network" owner who wants Hulk gone because the ratings go into the toilet whenever the league's #1 superstar wins a match? And he can't just fire Hulk as the owner so he needs to find someone who can beat him in a staged match?

What is going on...

Not quite. Kurt Fuller's character is the owner of a RIVAL TV network. He tries to sign Rip away and when he gets turned down, then enlists Zeus to physically take Rip out.

Huuuuuhhhh.....so each individual wrestler is signed to a different network, and the owning network...gets paid when he wins a match in an independent wrestling organization??? What reality is this movie taking place in?

The reality where Kurt Fuller is supposed to be an imposing villain I suppose.

Jesus this hurts to watch. It's like a reverse Roadhouse meets Rocky 3 meets Robocop 2.

Someone must have thought the two junior executives walking around the Roadhouse bar was hilarious, because that scene goes on FOREVER.

How does a for profit company offer a tax free prize payout?

Wow, the climactic battle between Zeus and Hogan, it really got me inspired how seeing the plight of a loved one he was able to reach deep inside himself to get a second wind and come back against overwhelming odds and be even better than before, and then when he did it for the fifth time in the same fight immediately after already having done that, I came a little. And the sixth time he did it right after that, epic. I didn't care for the seventh time, but his eighth second wind more than made up for it, it was like a second wind second wind.

So, Zeus died, right? He had to have, betting he fell on that pipe he ripped off the ring and stabbed through the floor earlier and killed him even if the fall didn't. So remind me again, why did Zeus first go to jail? something about killing an opponent in the ring? eh whatever.

• Like 2

Wow, the climactic battle between Zeus and Hogan, it really got me inspired how seeing the plight of a loved one he was able to reach deep inside himself to get a second wind and come back against overwhelming odds and be even better than before, and then when he did it for the fifth time in the same fight immediately after already having done that, I came a little. And the sixth time he did it right after that, epic. I didn't care for the seventh time, but his eighth second wind more than made up for it, it was like a second wind second wind.

So, Zeus died, right? He had to have, betting he fell on that pipe he ripped off the ring and stabbed through the floor earlier and killed him even if the fall didn't. So remind me again, why did Zeus first go to jail? something about killing an opponent in the ring? eh whatever.

Nope. He came out of the movie and into real life to get revenge against the actor Hulk Hogan in the WWF.

I am really looking forward to the episode tomorrow. To me, No Holds Barred is the ultimate 'fun' bad movie.

Mr. Nanny is just terrible, not really fun to watch.

Last day before the episode. So, as an appetizer, two trailers for No Holds Barred.

The 1989 one, when the WWF tried to sell the action:

And the one made for the release of the DVD in 2012(!), when they more or less acknowledge how terrible the movie is:

I'm 15 minutes into No Holds Barred right now. Way more amazing than I ever imagined. Kurt Fuller is killing it as the evil network executive.

And it's free on Hulu:

I'm not going to mince words. I hated this movie. If they cut it to be 45 minutes it would be 10 times better. Its essentially 5 scenes that take 20 minutes each. Also, Peter Dinklage

Sign in to follow this