🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 123.5 — Bonus Cut: New L.A. County Seal

Michael Delaney, Will Hines, and Anthony King are back to join Matt Besser for another edition of What’s Bothering You? in which they create a new L.A. County seal on this week’s bonus improv4humans. Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Good stuff. People not understanding separation of church and state really drive me crazy.

I'd be perfectly fine with more than one atheist rant a year, for some reason I just love when Matt gets angry.

• Like 1

rants as bonus episodes is the perfect way of letting the people who like it when mr besser lets it out (like me) and ppl who dont, good show

• Like 1

How DARE Matt try to take the "us" out of JesUS. What next, are you going to take ALL OF THE NAILS out of your house because of the CRUCIFIX?!!

Soon you will want all of the mangers gone too. What about the separation of church and PODCAST!!!

p.s. The parts in all caps are when I was screaming out loud. If you didn't read it that way the first time, please go back and reread it properly. Thank you kindly.

As a Catholic I know all too well that a publicly displayed cross has a very specific meaning: subjugation. As a symbol, a giant cross is a spiked football in the endzone of Western hegemony. It means "we won." It doesn't mean "we're winning," of course, which might explain why giant crosses are so much more prevalent now (I live in Indiana where the comically large crucifix biz is booming) than they were when Christianity had more of a hold on the culture. In the act of putting up a 100' cross by the highway, they are asserting a kind of social dominance that no longer exists.

These are a people left behind by the passing of time. They are raging against the tide of history, flapping their arms in the surf in a way that feels like swimming but to an observer on the shore is clearly drowning.

If they weren't being pricks about it, we might feel sorry for them. If they would only come out and say "man, remember the days when we could use our superstitions to control people and elevate ourselves to a permanent status above those who are less good at following these arbitrary rules? Sigh. I miss those days." At least then I would respect their honesty.

When I first read Lord of the Rings, I assumed Saurman was the rastafarian cousin of Sauron. Apparently, it's a common mistake.

Sign in to follow this