🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 3 — The Joshua Tree

Harris Wittels aka radio’s bad boy of Analyze Phish joins Adam Scott Aukerman this week to delve into U2‘s critically acclaimed fifth studio album The Joshua Tree. They’ll talk about Scott’s experience going to see The Joshua Tree tour, how this was Adam’s first U2 record he was exposed to, and how this album ultimately made U2 superstars. Will Adam Scott Aukerman turn Harris around on U2? Tune in to find out!

This week in I Love Film: Everything you need to know about Citizen Kane. Spolier alert: It's the greatest film ever.

• Like 2

This show is so hilarious. I love how they're allegedly talking about a record that sold 25 million copies and they're spending more time talking about unfulfilled LA Food Bank charity promises.

Thank god U2 has a ton of records, at this pace we're looking at tons more episodes.

• Like 2

U TALKIN’ 2 DICKS TO ME?

Did they really use Edge instead of Bono as the Bonobos coupon code?

• Like 2

When (Adam) Scott said he had a picture of the two dicks I thought for sure he was just going to reshow them the Rattle and Hum cover. Hooo!

But I kid. This episode was fantastic. I love hearing Harris on here. Whenever these three get together it's incredibly fantastic.

Great episode! At about 1:02:45 scott talks about a band that had a bass player with a similar name to The Edge. While he was fumbling around trying to find it on wikipedia, I was thinking "The Precipice' and then Adam totally said it. Wicked cool!

So we all agree that if there is a biopic about The Edge, Harris should play him, right?

• Like 1

So we all agree that if there is a biopic about The Edge, Harris should play him, right?

I thought he was doing Madea.

• Like 1

Given Scott's love for the song "It's Been a While," I hope the next band discussion podcast on the docket is "Staind By Me"

• Like 3

Next time I'm angry with a friend, I'll definitely steal the phrase "Hey, bro over."

• Like 2

Gotta say, bros: pretty steamed the picture of the two hot dogs in one bun from Rolling Stone isn't in the photo gallery

• Like 1

I loved the fact that Harris' statement about it sounding like the 80's had enough effect on the Scotts to keep talking about it after he left. Great ep, I really feel a non-U2 guest makes the show funnier!

Ahhhh, I've been pumped for this ever since it was hinted at in You Talkin' U2 to Me? 2: You Two Talkin' U2 to Me, Too?, and it's finally here! You Talkin' U2 to Me? 3: You Three Talkin' U2 to Me!

• Like 3

After Scott (or was it Scott?) uttered the phrase "scot-free", I expected to hear the debut episode of new podcast "Scott-Free", where Jason Mantzoukas and Kulap talk about hair care products.

• Like 5

Can we call the Rattle & Hum episode U Talkin U2 To Me: Et Tu, U2?

• Like 2

Tall John has got to hold some sort of comedy podcast record for most frequently mentioned without a guest appearance. I swear everyone loves Tall John.

• Like 4

Just created an account to say that Adam telling Harris to shut up about 11 minutes in is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

• Like 3

Great episode, possibly my favorite yet. I love Harris, but I'm glad he left in the middle, because I really enjoyed the semi-serious Joshua Tree discussion with just the Scotts.

• Like 1

Great episode, possibly my favorite yet. I love Harris, but I'm glad he left in the middle, because I really enjoyed the semi-serious Joshua Tree discussion with just the Scotts.

I agree. I think I remember actually owning his album but couldn't remember any of the non hits of side two. So I found myself (as a current non U2 fan) actually considering whether or not I should 're-buy this album and give the band another chance. Only complaint is Scott needs to turn up the volume and let some of the tracks play a bit.

I know this is an episode to late, but out of all of the new wave bands of the 80's, can we all agree that Scritti Politti is by far and away the worst of them?

• Like 2