🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 66 — A New Awakening

After last week’s life changing episode, we check in to see what fate has chosen for our heroes. Spoiler alert: rats are involved.

Solid episode. Blackie hugging that spectral hand.....phenomenal. Muenster Manual.....yes.

And Jesus Pussy.....holy shit that's funny.

Don't jack off on my cheese, please.

Don't ever let this podcast end. Sending much love, guys. Thanks for champion work.

• Like 1

I was convinced they were all going to get killed by the rat trap, and Sark would have no choice but to reincarnate them as fleas living on their former rat-selves.

• Like 4

Why did I get the feeling that Sark was watching The Witches recently? The gang becoming rats was a wonderful twist....

Cheeeeeeeeeeeesssssssse!

chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-volume-2-20061114045022993-000.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, where to start. Bolted out of bed the moment the alarm went off to go hit the manual refresh button on my podcatcher, so worth the wait. A few thoughts:

-Kudos to Sark on managing to mostly save a TPK while maintaining stakes, and to do it in a way that majorly brought the funny, too. The reaction from the party the moment their rattiness was announced was priceless. Non-shitty DM.

-Also impressed how well everyone is getting into the ratty roleplay. At least I hope that's what's going on, Brian got to "I start licking my balls" frighteningly easily and reflexively

-Really hoping to see some Saturday morning cartoon style fan art of mouse PCs

-I nearly cried when the shade of Sir Richard gave Damien the thumbs-up

-I maybe actually cried, for different reasons, at the Muenster Manual crack

-Damien is suddenly really opening up and being a decent guy to his party-mates—maybe chalk it up to the relief of being saved (kinda) from certain death, but I'm worried he might be heading in to an alignment hit or some kind of divine disfavor...

-While part of me knows it's best and likely that they'll eventually return to their original forms, or at most ratfolk equivalents, it would kinda be rad if they were to confront and defeat the old man as a bunch of rodents...

• Like 3

Whelp, did not see that coming. Kudos to Mr. "Shitty DM" Sark for keeping the campaign weird. I wonder if all those rats from "A Scream in the Cave" are former citizens of Glennishmore?

I figured Gerry would sit out a session but was sad that Sarah did too. The party needs her voice of reason (if only to ignore.)

• Like 3

I wonder if all those rats from "A Scream in the Cave" are former citizens of Glennishmore?

I was wondering that too!

This episode is one of my favorites now :) Muenster Manual definitely makes my Top 5 Moments from this podcast <3

• Like 1

chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-volume-2-20061114045022993-000.jpg

If this goes on like it's going I'm definitely going to start minds-eyeing this whole adventure as a cartoon. I already had a song I hadn't known I still knew from Disney's The Rescuers stuck in my head all episode...

it was small but my favorite part of this ep was "mmm a-roundwich" hahah this was insane i love this fucking podcast..

Speaking of, when will we see the "don't jack off in my cheese" shirts in the Earwolf store?

• Like 1

"I love … anything nerdy. Except Furries, they're gross" -- Brian Posehn

"I start licking my [rat] balls" -- Brian Posehn

• Like 8

Not gonna lie. I stopped this episode about half-way in to go make some cheese toast.

• Like 2

Not gonna lie. I stopped this episode about half-way in to go make some cheese toast.

Failed your saving throw?

Huh! Turns out it all was a dream!

I freakin loved the intro to this one, so suspensful, so dramatic, very well done!

And of course, the pay-off is RATS. So good.

• Like 1

I'm slightly puzzled about Sir Richard's hand and foot making an appearance. At the end of the last episode, Sark said Sir Richard was taken up to Bahamut-heaven by the avatar, right after he died to the suicide bombers, so wouldn't that imply that his consciousness was no longer in the physical plane? So if Sir Richard's consciousness (or soul, if you'd prefer) was on another plane, were the hand and foot really "him" or maybe just an echo of his will? I suppose it's possible that Bahamut gave Sir Richard one last favor and allowed him to project back into the physical plane briefly to help his friends, but that would be assuming a fair amount of behind-the-scenes role-playing, or DM ex machina.

Who cares, it was a cool moment and it showed the rest of the gang nicely that sir dick is dead. I hope it's just left at that, put it into your own interpretation of how it happened because it doesn't matter how. Visualizing the whole thing was quite humorous.

I haven't quite finished listening to this episode yet, but I did want to stop and say something.

This podcast is funny. It's fun, and I laugh a lot when I'm listening to it. But today, it was a good thing that I was alone, because the amount I laughed at Bleyn's Muenster Manual joke was, quite frankly, embarrassing. The usual laughs I get from this show are your regular belly-laugh, chuckle and occasional hearty groan. But today they were all put to shame. This joke would register on seismometers, and cause the NSA to go into shutdown. The amount I laughed would have turned heads from here to Kuala Lumpur. It was a joke for the ages.

• Like 4

I haven't quite finished listening to this episode yet, but I did want to stop and say something.

This podcast is funny. It's fun, and I laugh a lot when I'm listening to it. But today, it was a good thing that I was alone, because the amount I laughed at Bleyn's Muenster Manual joke was, quite frankly, embarrassing. The usual laughs I get from this show are your regular belly-laugh, chuckle and occasional hearty groan. But today they were all put to shame. This joke would register on seismometers, and cause the NSA to go into shutdown. The amount I laughed would have turned heads from here to Kuala Lumpur. It was a joke for the ages.

i want to assume this photo was taken right after that joke

tumblr_n2cawvWRws1r7itg8o3_1280.jpg

Worst plot twist ever

One of if not the worst episode ever ... Up until the mousetrap. The guys really turned a terrible story into something hilarious. Hopefully this dumb bit doesn't carry on too long, but following the trend of the campaign I guess were due for 10 weeks of boring shows (gamewise).

Sign in to follow this