🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 006 — Shut Up and Have Fun with Danny Mahoney

Gather some friends because it’s time to party! Andy Daly & Matt Gourley bring you yet another interactive podcast pilot from dyed-in-the-wool New Yorker Danny Mahoney of Life of the Party Inc. Hang out with Danny & his party crew Donnie, Marianna and Fireplug as they have a cocktail party filled with music, games, and a cooking segment with celerity chef Rene Dupree. But it wouldn’t be a party without a good ol’ fashioned game of Name That Tune with some family. Luckily, Danny’s nephew Bert drops by with keyboardist Jimmy Blades just in time to join in on the festivities.

Don’t forget to tune into Review on Comedy Central, Thursdays at 10pm!

• Like 1

This is the first time that Comedy Bang Bang is going into second position on a day of release.

This HAS to be heard first!

• Like 1

THIS PODCAST IS OFF-THE-RAILS INSANE IN THE BEST WAY.

• Like 1

This one might have been the best episode. It was just non-stop insane from the second Danny first spoke.

• Like 2

I like men that are so hairy that you have to vacuum the bed in the morning.

• Like 2

All I could think looking at the photos for this episode was that I wish Andy's coffee cup said "TV's Andy Daly" instead of Andrew.

"How many Mexicans does it take to read a ballroom chandelier? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"

boy that made me laugh.

• Like 4

As a huge Conan fan, I do feel obligated to mention that he does literally the exact same Name That Tune bit on his show.

That being said: How many Eskimos does it take to murder a TV dinner is totally original.

"That's basic business: you write something illegibly next to a bunch of numbers, and you can charge whatever the fuck you want!"

• Like 3

As a huge Conan fan, I do feel obligated to mention that he does literally the exact same Name That Tune bit on his show.

Well, the lyrics aren't improvised, but yes, Brian LaFontaine is awesome.

Another fantastic episode!

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but this episode ended up being a perfect tie-in for tonight's Review.

I know it's a weird thing to mention, but Andy is amazing at reading ad copy. I particularly enjoy his occasional ad-libbing and tags. Like how he'll sometimes wrap up by saying, "Hunh!" at the end of the ad. It just tickles me.

• Like 1

I hate myself for laughing as hard as i did at the beer with a booger in it joke.

It was so great that the intro song was the same music Danny makes everyone dance to on Nine Sweaters, and the song is also a secret track at the end of disc 1. It's as hilariously grating and obnoxious as Danny, and the track itself is upwards of four+ minutes of "GET UP OUT YOUR SEAT AND DANCE!" over and over and over again (the length is probably because for the performance Andy would need that time to bully all the audience into forming a conga line).

I just re-listened to all of Nine Sweaters on Tuesday, and when Danny's track came on I thought to myself, "This better be his podcast pilot's theme song." I am very happy.

My only complaint:

the minute I remembered this isn't going to be an actual podcast. I would love to hear more of these every week.

Holy shit, every episode so far is better than the last.