Episode 171.5 — 3/14/14 TWO CHARTED 110

7 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

On this week's Two Charted, Kuku and Howard make their predictions for their upcoming @midnight appearance, talk about some tours a-brewing, and we discover Howard's preferred kind of music: Kids Bop. Plus, they discuss the future of bit coins, plan a mother & father chat with Ramhand about his bladder issues, and us Chartists get a inside look into the planning of Kulap's documentary. Please, don't talk yourself out of listening to this episode.

#2 Origami Mami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Dear Kulap,
Positive vibes sent to help in your quest to discover the hows & whys behind your early years. It sounds like the casting net you have thrown in search for answers will yield a rich bounty of family & community. As much as they will be adding to you, you being Kulap, will be adding to them.
Peace and Success on your trip.

#3 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Damn I love that Iggy Azalea & Charli XCX song. It's kind of the anti-Royals. The video is great, too.

#4 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Oh and here's a link to an article talking about the Bit Coin thing Howard was talking about.

http://www.forbes.co...orth-9-million/

I don't know how I'd feel knowing I accidentally threw away $9 million.

#5 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Without watching the video (sorry, listening to yesterday's Fogelnest Files), I still have my initial confusion as to how the hell these things are on a hard drive as opposed to in the cloud. The whole thing feels like a make-em-up version of money.

#6 Dan Engler

Friend of The Show

• Moderators
  • 536 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostKickpuncher, on 14 March 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Without watching the video (sorry, listening to yesterday's Fogelnest Files), I still have my initial confusion as to how the hell these things are on a hard drive as opposed to in the cloud. The whole thing feels like a make-em-up version of money.

The process of "mining" a Bitcoin requires hundreds or thousands of hours of computing cryptographic hashes in order to find a unique one. Once you do, half of the encryption data necessary to send that Bitcoin elsewhere (i.e. spend it) is stored on your hard drive; the other half is stored in the cloud. Losing a drive via crash or physical disposal means the Bitcoin still "exists" but it can never be spent.

Bitcoin advocates would argue that all currencies are make-em-ups with arbitrary, fluctuating values, and Bitcoin is simply an end-run around "unjust" government taxation and traceability.

#7 wasinthehallway

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

this was hysterical Kremer with the monkey talk had me dying

#8 daveB from Oakland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Kulap, all the best to you on the Laotian portion of your filming. I commend your bravery in undertaking this project, and your willingness to share it publically. I kind of wish you had more than 10 days to spend in Laos. Except (selfishly) I kind of don't, because that would be time I couldn't hear your wonderful voice and spirit on the podwaves.

(Jesus Christ, Dave ... what a corny post. What is wrong with you??)
Chop off the "En", Chop off the "In"

Stop in!!

Glish Muff!!