Episode 172 — Savor This Kulap While You Can
Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 PM
Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:30 AM
Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:37 AM
While I usually do a Top 5 Kremerisms of the show, I'm changing it up for a Kulap Chart
(Insert Ku's Kulap Chart theme....it's about to start!)
TOP 5 THINGS I'LL MISS ABOUT KULAP WHILE SHE'S MAKING DOCUMENTARY HISTORY:
5. Kulap's Decolletage- If Howard's brother Lee taught us one thing, Ku's decolletage is a part of the show. Hell, even Ku pronounces them in the episodes. I'm sure Howard's a bit sad to see them go.
4. Kulap's Smile- The pictures on each episode make the show that much better. Kulap's smile can light up the darkest night. Its great to see while I'm at work.
3. Kulap's Nerdiness- I love hear Kulap nerding out on pop culture; her love for certain songs, films, comics, and just nerds themselves.
2. Kulap's Moral Compass- She just keeps Howard in line and keeps the show moving. While he may ramble every now and then (and it's brilliant) she brings the show back on course.
and the number one reason I'll miss Kulap while she's away (NUMBA ONE!)"
1. Kulap's Laughter- Probably the best thing about Whooch and Twooch. The laughter is so damn infectious, I smile and chuckle for the duration of the podcast.
Good luck Kulap on your journey!
Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:31 PM
As always, having a guest who is already friendly with the hosts makes the show that much better. This really had a Toochy feel to it (including some mic time for Stard!).
Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:05 AM
I love that Mary Elizabeth didn't know who Lorde was, and then was like "I don't shop at those kind of grocery stores".
Also, it took me a couple of weeks to figure out, but Kulap is going for a Kremer kind of inflection during the sponsor ads, correct? The whole drawing out syllables and raising pitch at the end of words thing. It's cute.
I hope April Richardson makes a return appearance as a guest host. I've become a big fan of her podcast since she filled in on that live VPN Whooch a while back. I felt like she kind of got a bum rap for that; filling in for Kulap is one thing, but doing it live on Youtube must be a bit more strenuous. In any case, it's always fun to hear other people attempt to navigate Howard's particular brand of logic.
Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:53 PM
That's not how I interpreted it, because at least in the current one, he's doing it in an exaggerated fashion before she even talks. But maybe that's how it started. In any case, it's really funny.