🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MaximilianoVelezMejia

Study Group in South Florida

If you want to have a study group in the forum, I will totally participate from not south florida.

Wow, I have to say...I find what both of you've typed so interesting, just so interesting.

With the Florida, and the forum...really great stuff there.

My study group is based out of PA, but the possibilities of a global study group?

Ding, ding, ding...I think you're really onto something big there, Hug.

I wonder if you'd maybe unpack that idea a little more?

• Like 2

Wow, I have to say...I find what both of you've typed so interesting, just so interesting.

With the Florida, and the forum...really great stuff there.

My study group is based out of PA, but the possibilities of a global study group?

Ding, ding, ding...I think you're really onto something big there, Hug.

I wonder if you'd maybe unpack that idea a little more?

Here is my plan in steps:

1. Mike and Mike talk about a Topic

2. We write about the topic in these forums

3. We comment on each others comments

4. We learn that life is not just about a bunch of issues, but that everything is kind of...topical

• Like 1

That is so deep.

I'm going to take a moment, and just let that all digest into my brain.

I wonder if we too, need rules and/or guidelines?

One guideline at my study group is that if we don't finish the remaining 20%, or so, of the topic, that it's ok.

Though, I've heard of more strict study groups in nearby counties that would not hear of such a guideline.

• Like 1

My group chains ourselves to one another until we get the 20%. There are no exceptions for hunger, thirst, or potty breaks. We are allowed to take as much time as we like discussing, jokes included, but the chains shall not be removed until the 20 has been completed.

But that is just my group.

• Like 1

You’re so on point with this.

It’s an issue that’s grown to be quite a point of contention amongst our group, as of course the ‘topic’ of chains has come up many times.

We rotate homes when we meet, and the next time will be at my place. Which I’ve planned to prepare some delightful Lemongrass-Cured Salmon Canapés to get things started. I’ve been wavering on this idea, however, you now have me convinced that I should take the initiative to put sedatives in the canapés, chain the group and finish what we are there to do. What’s the worst that could happen? They wake up chained together and actually meet a goal? It sounds more like what’s the ‘best’ that could happen, to me.

We owe it to M&M, as well as ourselves, to actually complete the 20% curriculum if we’re going to claim to be a study group. If not, I too will be study group hunting.

Well, I don't know if meat sedatives are the best option, although they certainly are an option. I don't eat meat so I can have a clear analytical mind for each week's Topic, but that is just me. I would recommend uppers, and in something like a tasty punch. That way everyone would try it, and then they would willingly chain themselves together. Now that is the attitude needed to finish that Golden 20.

Sidenote, I have realized that you have kind of stolen some of my Tupac thunder in here. I guess that Tupac is big enough to share, and you did make it a pun directly related to Topics (clever), but you seem like a worthy person to share a pun-theme with... so I will forgive this minor, but still impactful, transgression for the sake of our new group.

I'm glad you are willing to admit that you don't know that meat sedatives ‘are’ the best option. That shows the humble willingness to both share and learn…which demonstrates good group member quality indeed.

I happen to know from past study group experience that they are, in fact, the best option for chaining an unsuspecting and/or unwilling study group member(s). And while I respect your views on meat, it's also very well documented that Salmon Canapés are irresistible to even the most stringent vegan or vegetarian. The uppers are then used to help revive disinclined participants. Wonderful suggestion of the usage of punch!

To address your side note, in all fairness, I didn’t know you existed prior to signing up on the forum. But, to show I too am willing to both share and learn as well as help prevent any insecurity that could escalate into an east coast/west coast study group rivalry, I’ll happily change my screen name. I’m a Biggie fan anyway. The use of Pac was only to have a pun on a pun layer cake, which I might add, is an excellent way to celebrate reaching the 20% goal!

Your selflessness is nearly overwhelming. I mean, to change your entire name as a gesture of good faith was something that I hadn't even imagined that you would do. Just because of that, I will try one of your sedated fish balls (isn't that what they are), even though we both know that I would willingly chain myself down for the discussion. It will be hard for me to drink the punch though knowing that it is spiked, but I guess I would have already committed to having the full experience by that point.

I will bring some untainted homemade hummus and some pitas because I don't want to make something that will steal the spotlight of your fish dish. I can't wait for our next topic!

but I will

Well, anything to help ensure that what could quite possibly be the first budding 'forum based' study group, continues to build off of what is proving to be a great foundation for future topic discussion.

That being said, what kind of person would I be to expect someone with your dietary régime to ingest not only the fish balls, but also a sedative, when you've already declared that chains are an agreed upon group necessity? Not a good one, I don't believe. We can leave that for group discussion.

Yes, I too am ready for the next topic!

And even though MIB feels confident that they will cover all topics, one a week is both a lofty and welcome task they've chosen.

Yes, I too am ready for the next topic!

And even though MIB feels confident that they will cover all topics, one a week is both a lofty and welcome task they've chosen.

You know, you are right. They need to do 2 shows a week, or perhaps, make the show twice as long since it is one of the shortest on Earwolf.

They also need to publicly promote our study group in here because, let's face it, we are only doing it because they gave us that great idea.

They also need to publicly promote our study group in here because, let's face it, we are only doing it because they gave us that great idea.

Wow, so insightful! Yes!

It does seem like it's an 'us against the topics' kind of scenario they've thrown us in.

And perhaps the least they could do is give us a plug of some sort?

Yet another great 'topic' of poignant interest, further supporting the 2 shows a week notion, I might add.

I will now resign my posting in 'this' thread, and move to the newly created 'forum study group' thread at the following link:

http://forum.earwolf...cs-study-group/

Sign in to follow this