🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 25 — Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ullrich, Our Business Associates

Anybody ever realize that they used to like TED Talks but now they don't because it's annoying listening to sanctimonious idealists preach about how things could be if only we lived in an ideal world and realized that's actually rather pointless and if they really had the answers they'd be doing the things they were talking about instead of talking about them?

Me neither.

• Like 1

Anybody ever realize that they used to like TED Talks but now they don't because it's annoying listening to sanctimonious idealists preach about how things could be if only we lived in an ideal world and realized that's actually rather pointless and if they really had the answers they'd be doing the things they were talking about instead of talking about them?

Me neither.

*cough cough* Reminds me of some comments that I heard about Seattle in here *cough*

#trogdortheburninator

• Like 3

i went to a TED talk, it was four hours of this guy talking about a swearing bear that drinks beer

p. rando i thought

• Like 2

B)

People call themselves "Technology Guru" or "Futurist" because BULLSHIT CHARLATAN doesn't fit nicely on a business card. B)

giphy.gif

• Like 3

once upon a trogdor, i gave a tedx presentation.

i was a doe-eyed frosh, but i had all the moves. i was soaring high -- unpacking content, really just tossing tasty treats into the dialectic.

the teachers were like 'here, you take the chalk -- now YOU'RE the teacher,'

and then i was all 'i can't be the teacher because i'm too real. people can't deal with what i'm laying down. they're just like "whoah dude, you can't say that," and I'm like "watch me."

...i've gotten some pretty flattering youtube comments like --

'this lil [redacted] is kinda cute. i'd be down if he didn't suck [redacted] with his [redacted] hole.'

• Like 7

I was not aware that it was possible to change the font on this forum. From now on I shall be posting using a serif font, to lend my posts the class befitting my status as a British man. Good day.

• Like 2

if someone throws down papyrus -- THEY ARE MY MORTAL ENEMY!

• Like 1

*cough cough* Reminds me of some comments that I heard about Seattle in here *cough*

#trogdortheburninator

Seattle isn't perfect. It never will be. It doesn't want to be. It has become sentient. It is displeased by your comments.

PS - If you have beef please take it to the Washington State Beef Commission. http://www.wabeef.org/

PPS - We do have a lot of bullshit charlatans here though. They can move back to San Francisco whenever they want. Sooner would be better in my humblest of opinions.

PPPS - Props to the Octer. Is there a Doctopus in the house?

• Like 4

I was not aware that it was possible to change the font on this forum. From now on I shall be posting using a serif font, to lend my posts the class befitting my status as a British man. Good day.

Are you actually Scouse or Welsh or a Geordie and just hiding behind the assumption that Americans can't tell the difference between regional British accents and the posh upper class accents that actually denote status?

If so, you aren't wrong to do so. I'm just curious.

Seattle isn't perfect. It never will be.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Like 3

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Not to get too angry about this but defending and generally publicizing the wonders of Seattle and the State of Washington is kinda my job in this here forum. So yeah... This is awkward.

• Like 1

I always thought Seattle was full of manatees and dugongs. Cause its Sea + Cattle.

sawry4blowinminds

• Like 4

Are you actually Scouse or Welsh or a Geordie and just hiding behind the assumption that Americans can't tell the difference between regional British accents and the posh upper class accents that actually denote status?

If so, you aren't wrong to do so. I'm just curious.

You got me. I'm a Cornish.
  • Like 1

You excited for the Cornish Independence referendum this year Sence?

Yes but I do think we need some celebs to get on the side of independence. Obviously for switched on individuals such as for example myself, it's easy to see the benefits and I don't need some two-bit TV actor telling me what to do. But to get real public support, by which I mean from all the people in Straw Dogs towns out in the middle of God only knows where, we need to get some famous faces. For example the guy off The Sopranos?

Now that Gandalfini died (RIP) the title of that guy from the Sopranos has fallen to Steven Van Zandt

Yes but I do think we need some celebs to get on the side of independence. Obviously for switched on individuals such as for example myself, it's easy to see the benefits and I don't need some two-bit TV actor telling me what to do. But to get real public support, by which I mean from all the people in Straw Dogs towns out in the middle of God only knows where, we need to get some famous faces. For example the guy off The Sopranos?

You should get Sean Connery or Catherine Zeta Jones or Tom Jones or Bruce Springsteen. They're Cornish. Oh no, that's Scottish, Welsh, extremely tan, and New Jersey, respectively. Shit. Stupid American here.

Are Cornettos Cornish? You could get them to support independence.

And obesity.

Oh no, the Scots already claimed that.

Fuck.

I think you need a TV show to expose Cornwall to the rest of Britain and make them hate it. I propose The Only Way is Cornwall.

• Like 1

The oldest and most popular Cornish tradition is Tencey Day, when one of the village's virgins is selected at random, trapped inside a canvas tent and burned to death.

Yea I've been wondering about this. Are your chickens just a lot tinier than ours? Why? Like, explain.

If you're wondering what a Cornish Game Hen is, it's a hen you eat when you're at the LAN party or a Game Jam.

OR it's a chicken that's just up for anything and fun to hang around with.