🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 008 — Kiss Me, I’m Patrick McMahon LIVE!

The time has come for the season finale of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project as Andy Daly & Matt Gourley present a star-studded event hosted by Irish Storyteller Patrick McMahon LIVE from Molly Malone’s Irish Pub in Los Angeles! Tune in as Patrick shares some of his famous Irish tales, Monsignor Damien Fearnly blesses the podcast & performs petite miracles, Lucian Charms aka the President of the Ancient Order of Hibernians bestows a great honor to a special Irishman, and The Irishmen play some traditional Irish music. Plus, Patrick’s brother Sheamus McMahon makes an appearance to challenge everyone to a limerick off for the title of Irish Person of the Year.

Special thanks to fan Jeremy Asher Fried - tealeafonthewind.com - for the wonderful pictures of the evening.

I haven't listened yet, but I noticed that the description says "season" finale... Not "series" finale. Please let that be a good sign about the show's future!

• Like 17

Fitting that the final episode is Irish-centric, as I'll be in perpetual mourning and various states of drunkenness until the Andy Daly procaspafafapha returns. If it ever does.

• Like 4

This was hilarious and heartwarming! No better way to close out the month of Morch.

• Like 3

One of the few podcasts I've ever heard where the drunken people in the audience actually enhanced the experience (there's one or two Doug Loves Movies too).

• Like 7

This was hilarious and heartwarming! No better way to close out the month of Morch.

Is it Morch already?!

• Like 4

As an actual Irish person, I feel qualified to state that Lucian Charms's Irish accent is flawless.

• Like 11

I haven't listened yet, but I noticed that the description says "season" finale... Not "series" finale. Please let that be a good sign about the show's future!

That was the first thing I noticed as well. God, I hope it's a good sign too.

• Like 1

As Poet Laureate of The West Dalton Wilcox once said, "Gee whiz and holy shit, that was fantastic!"

The Andy Daly Private Polecat Prom Jet will go down as one of the greatest podcasts in the history of the medium. A truly colossal achievement.

• Like 9

I don't know if Matt and Andy actually read our posts here, but (in case they do) I just wanted to let

them know how much joy and laughter this series has brought me. I'm going to miss the ADPPP.

I can honestly say these 8 episodes made me so happy and often caused me to cry from laughing so hard.

I will support anything Matt and Andy do and I sincerely hope this is just the beginning of their work together.

It's been an amazing journey. Thanks so much for making this podcast!

• Like 11

I loved the songs. I loved Aukerman's accent being so terrible, and I loved Gourley compensating by taking on the challenge of doing both an accent and a lisp.

I loved this podcast and I'm so sad I can't look forward to it every Thursday any more.

• Like 4

The time has come for the highly subjective and dubious practice of rating the episodes!

8. Bill Carter

7. Dalton Wilcox

6. Hotdog

6. Danny Mahoney

4. Dom DiMillo

3. Pattrick McMahon

2. Chip Gardner

1. August Lindt

DID SOMEONE SAY MY NAAAAAME?

My ordering is so different from yours, I honestly cannot tell whether you are ordering them from worst to best or best to worst. How can Dalton Wilcox and August Lindt possibly be at opposite ends of the spectrum and not nestled together at the top?

• Like 6

Start strong and end strong, Mr. Daly. This was fantastic, but also, super confusing to keep hearing my name throughout a podcast. Made me keep rubber necking at work between bouts of laughter to see if people were asking for my attention.

Slainte, ye fenny feck!

Fantastic season finale. Everyone was in top form. And the signoff at the end was really sweet.

The repeated requests for Patrick to do a limerick about "SUICIDE!!!!!!" made me so happy.

• Like 6

*tear* *sniffles*

There once was a podcast so faire

One that all the good people should haer

With nary a flawr

And accents galoare

I declare this the best of the yaer!

As someone who happens to be half Irish and half Scottish, this will forever hold a special place in my drunken haert.

Thank you Earwolf. Thank you Andy. Thank you Matt. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Like 14

I don't know if Matt and Andy actually read our posts here, but (in case they do) I just wanted to let

them know how much joy and laughter this series has brought me. I'm going to miss the ADPPP.

I can honestly say these 8 episodes made me so happy and often caused me to cry from laughing so hard.

I will support anything Matt and Andy do and I sincerely hope this is just the beginning of their work together.

It's been an amazing journey. Thanks so much for making this podcast!

Thanks for sharing this - I feel the same way. These are the first podcasts I saved for future re-listening, joined now by some of Gourley & Daly's work on other CBB & Dead Authors Podcast episodes. Someone also created this channel if you need a quick hit: https://www.youtube.com/user/BonerAneurism/videos

• Like 2

PFT saying a prayer about Robot Jesus at the end made me laugh audibly at the gym and made me look like an idiot and I couldn't be happier about it.

• Like 1

In case anyone has not seen this, a video was taken of Monsignor Damien Fearnly blessing the podcast.

(I was sitting directly to the right of the person filming. It was such a fun show!)

Also, 'Lucian Charms' is an amazing name for a Hibernian. A visual gag happened during Lucian's bleary-eyed entrance, as everyone cheered when he walked out, but continued to do so when he got on his knees in front of the Monsignor, mistaking the proceedings for Mass.

• Like 9

So many emotions with this episode! My face hurts from laughing so hard at Scott's accent, but I teared up a bit at the end as Gourley and Daly thanked each other. Very sweet. These two are so talented and I hope for another collabo podcast from them, be they pilots or any other form.