🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 126 — Their Name Is Korn

Welcome to improv4humans with Matt Besser! Join Matt Besser, 4 humans --Horatio Sanz, John Gemberling, Michael Delaney, and Brian Huskey-- and 1 musician, David Bazan, for this extra special musically inspired episode of improv4humans. On this episode you'll learn all about trying to connect on the 70s, corny poops and fluffy floaters, and what to do when shit goes down in Atlantis. When you're done listening to this make sure to go buy a full album, of David Bazan's music, and don't forget to TRY LIFE. We'll see you all at the Chicago Improv Festival and make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

cant wait to listen to this in the morning, what a line-up

• Like 3

When the guy ended up in Atlantis, I lost it. That scene was ridiculous.

• Like 5

How long has Horatio been using "toilet scissors" as a thing? I'm pretty sure it was referenced on a deleted scene on the Asssssscat! DVD back in 2007.

It is also always hilarious.

Thanks again Matt for another music recommendation!

These types of shows are great because they introduce me to music that I should have already known about (but didn't), and the scenes that come out of them are always hilarious.

I shall echo the praise of the Atlantis scene. Also the scene with Huskey as the President was magnificent as well.

• Like 1

Horatio and I both had tears streaming down during the Atlantis part

The background laughter was of epic PFT-level awesomeness in this one. When you guys are cracking each other up, it's a sure sign of "best-of" material.

• Like 4

The Atlantis sketch may be the greatest comedy sketch I've ever experienced.

Also, this David Bazan guy was fantastic. Every song he did was brilliant! Definitely going to be sifting through his catalogue.

• Like 1

Epic lineup. Epic episode.

My only familiarity with David comes from this episode of the Grapes of Rad podcast that played such a big part in my recovering from my fundgelical upbringing. So he already has a million points in my book and I was excited to see he'd be on. His music is really great and I really am liking these musical episodes.

• Like 3

This was fantastic. David Bazan's music was wonderful, and every sketch was hilarious. I love these music episodes, please do more of them if possible.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Atlantis sketch...holy shit. One of the best in this show's history for sure.

• Like 1

this is, hands down, the best I4H (even better than the eric the intern bonus clip and rubber band stand) thus far. david bazan sounded amazing and the bits were stellar. every single scene tied into the next perfectly. fucking outstanding.

i've been hesitant to register an account because i felt like, up until now, i wouldn't have anything important to add to the discussion. at the risk of repeating the praise of others, though, i had to register just to say how much i loved this episode and this podcast.

i can't imagine a moment in some future episode topping michael delaney marveling at the conclusion of a scene but i hope for it.

BEST PODCAST IN THE UNIVERSE

• Like 2

I couldn't possibly choose a favorite episode, but this would probably be in the top 3. The melancholic loveliness of Bazan's songs contrasted with the hilarity that sprang from them. Very special stuff indeed.

• Like 2

I love that Bill Callahan and Will Oldham were mentioned, and I'd just like to point out that the British movie 'Dead Man's Shoes' features songs by both of them. It's a terrific movie, and the only one I know of that Bill and Will have allowed their songs to be featured in.

Great episode, and holy shit, what a trip hearing David Bazan get right into some Headphones deep cuts. I almost couldn't believe my ears.

• Like 1

world-historic episode. possibly best ever.

• Like 1

I've never heard an I4H episode like this. Nearly every bit ended in total chaotic laughter.

Plus, they somehow managed to work in call backs to previous bits (did Korn make it into every bit?)

I gotta say, as funny as the scenes were, I laughed the hardest at Horatio's Mexican accent. It makes me laugh so god damn hard every time he does it.

Awesome episode. I really enjoy the melding of the music and the improv. I love the normal episodes but this and the episode three weeks ago are a real original way to change up the show!

• Like 1