🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 193 — George Brett Reluctant High Five

We get deep into the Kansas City lore with fantastic comedic actor Eric Stonestreet of Modern Family on today’s Sklarbro Country! We’ll hear about how sports played a major role of Eric’s life growing up in Kansas City, the time he played phone tag with Del Close before studying improv with him in Chicago, and how it took multiple auditions for him to finally play the character of Cameron on Modern Family. Later, Eric shares the story of his altercation at Dodgers Stadium and high-fiving George Brett before getting into some Quick Hits. Plus, Jerry Jones gives us his side of the story involving his battle with Mark Cuban. So pour yourself an ice cold Tiger Woods, put your headphones on, and unwind as you’re taken to the calming shores.

As someone who has listened to all almost 300 of these, it's truly disappointing that Racist Vin is a barely once a year character anymore.

I take issue with the characterization of Eli Manning in this episode. I don't think there are many quarterbacks in the league who could have done much better behind that line. As a Giants season tickets holder, I acknowledge my bias, but one could also see how many interceptions resulted from a receiver reading the defense differently from Eli when watching the game in person. Even when the receivers ran the correct route, Cruz struggled when doubleteamed and NIcks was barely playing football (multiple interceptions on jump balls to Nicks in single-coverage).

In 2011, Eli won a Super Bowl behind what profootballfocus called the worst pass blocking line in the league. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/22/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-1/. However, the receivers were on the same page as Eli and he was able to make fast smart decisions to get them the ball. That same 2011 team also had the worst rushing attack in the NFL. When on the same page as his receivers, Eli has the rare ability of making an average team great and I think he deserves more credit than was given.

Sign in to follow this