🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 54 — David Plotz of Slate

Editor & Chief of Slate and Political Gabfest host David Plotz joins Jeff to talk about all of the new changes that have occurred in the world of podcasting. They’ll discuss the value and downsides regarding live shows for podcasts, David’s current investment in podcasting, and if the business of podcasting is growing. Make sure to go to http://blog.themidroll.com/slate-editor-david-plotz-exciting-thing-podcasting-today/ for the exclusive video from this episode.

Good insights. It would be a shame if someone were to Snowden David's secret podcast dossier...

For those interested, the aforementioned video can be found here. It isn't featured on The Mid Roll's home page. /cough

Really happy to have you back with this show Jeff, and I'm not even in the biz. I enjoy it purely as a long-time podcast fan.

And on the subject of making live ad reads entertaining, my favourites in that genre are Keith and The Girl and Adam Carolla. My Brother, My Brother and Me are fun at it too. But maybe my favourite ad reader of all in the entire World of Podcasting does them via pre/post-records, and that ad reader is none other than one Mr Scott "The Choctaw" Aukerman. I've often wondered, with one hand thoughtfully stroking my chin as I dreamily gaze into the distance, what it'd be like if Scott-a-bot did those reads live, and I'm certain the fans would love the heck out of it, especially since it's well-established how much everyone loves hearing your PFTs and Adomians and Rusts laughing off-mic at Scott's antics and live ad reads would only lead to more of that off-mic delight.

The Guardian started reading their "best" articles weekly last year. They stopped abruptly. Good narration makes it fun to listen to.

Sign in to follow this