🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 150 — Heart Health

The Professor Blastoff gang starts the show off by talking about double milking, they do a relationship check-in with Tig, and Dave talks about his smooth pickup skills. They also do a mother meditation session where they chat about dreams and lucidity. Then, guest Penelope Lombard comes on to talk about her experience with her heart problems, sea turtles, pacemakers, surgery, and details about how the heart works. Also, the scuttleback makes another appearance.

• Like 1

First of all, I'm so glad the issue with the mother meditation was resolved. I felt awful about it the first time he did it, but knew Kyle was completely oblivious to how it might come off. So, phew. Good recovery. Also, the songs that Kyle plays after the throwing it around happens make me laugh. A lot.

• Like 1

I think I finally figured out that the professor isn't leaving messages from space but from the Black Lodge.

• Like 2

Hey now! This is something I have experience in. I had a pacemaker/implanted defibrillator put in when I was 17 to help correct a congenital defect (and to administer a shock if I happen to go into cardiac arrest, a common hobby for people with my specific condition). If 44 is considered young for a pacemaker, I must be a literal baby (with my little pacemaker, and all my little outfits).

When I first got mine, they gave me a little user manual of things I wasn't allowed to do. All the photos were of old people doing things like riding bikes and ballroom dancing. It was super relatable for the teen that I was. Fun fact, roller coasters are not allowed!

It's always interesting to hear from other people with somewhat similar issues, so thanks for bringing Penelope on, gang!

• Like 4

I listened to this entire episode waiting for Kyle to bust out an "It calms her heart!" and it never happened. Astonishing.

I had a pacemaker/implanted defibrillator put in when I was 17 to help correct a congenital defect (and to administer a shock if I happen to go into cardiac arrest, a common hobby for people with my specific condition).

First of all, congrats.

• Like 7

I listened to the 'Kyle's Mother Meditation' three times in a row. The tears of mirth are neverending.

There have been few things on this podcast I've ever laughed at harder than Kyle wanting to play out the "five thirty" scenario, and then starting it himself with "What time is it?"

I have two systems with powerful electromagnets in my lab, so there's tape around them on the floor and I have to explain to everyone who gets trained on them that it's really only a hazard if you have a pacemaker. Not surprisingly, none of these people (mostly grad students and other researchers in their twenties) has ever had a pacemaker.

I love the awful song choices in the throwing-it-around game. Kyle nonsense at its best.

I feel bad for David being so frustrated lately, I sympathize with him but the nonsensical diversions are my favorite part. Much like "U Talking U2 To Me?" PB is far less about whatever the subject is than the gang just having fun.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this