🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 85 — Collecting Hot Chicks

Little Esther is a very funny & nice stand-up comedian. She joins Jake this week to talk about collecting hot chicks, what was funny to her as a kid, some of the ghosts that appear in the Comedy Store at 2am, and her surreal experience making a pilot for MTV. They’ll also take a look at a dance number from a Canadian children’s TV show called Size Small, a video for a product called the Fuck Me Silly Mega Masturbator, and an instructional video that teaches Japanese people how to speak English. Check out all the videos from today’s episode over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles!

• Like 4

I listened to The Fogelnest Files and all I got was this lousy mouth cancer.

• Like 2

jake you gotta show the dancing woman video to Todd Glass (and get back on his show :)

i had no idea this woman existed until today. thanks for always introducing me to het

• Like 1

So a few things:

1) So Jake, since when do you endorse Tobacco Products?

2) I'm glad to see that you haven't given up on the format of "Get a funny person in the studio and show them video clips that will weird them out"; you've been on something of a tear with the (awesome!) long form, in depth, kinda historical interviews, and while I love those episodes, I was starting to feel like maybe they ought to have been spaced out a bit more and was kind of missing these. Do more of them!

3) On that note, it occurs to me that it is shameful that you have not managed to get Billy Eichner on the show yet.

i had no idea this woman existed until today. thanks for always introducing me to het

I was surprised that Esther hadn't appeared on an Earwolf show prior to this. Other than generally being aware of her, the only thing I had seen/heard her in was a brief appearance on "Enjoy It!", and she seems really cool.

I checked the show photos to see this yellow paneling, and was delighted to find the last one, which is Jake with his laptop showing the "Fuck Me Silly" video.

2) I'm glad to see that you haven't given up on the format of "Get a funny person in the studio and show them video clips that will weird them out"; you've been on something of a tear with the (awesome!) long form, in depth, kinda historical interviews, and while I love those episodes, I was starting to feel like maybe they ought to have been spaced out a bit more and was kind of missing these. Do more of them!

Yes! I agree completely.

Billy is my friend and because of that, I will not force him to do more press right now!!

Also, PLEASE BUY SNUS TOBACCO PRODUCTS!!!!!

• Like 3

Due to an unfortunate typo, I accidentally ordered a case of General Anus.

In an even weirder coincidence, General Anus is a new product from the makers of the Fuck Me Silly Mega Masturbator.

• Like 3

I am so sad I can't listen to this one. As the son of a mother and father killed by cancer from tobacco products, I can't allow myself to support, even for one episode, something sponsored by tobacco. I love you Jake I see it's a one off deal in your comments above, but even one off is too much for me. Looking forward to listening again next week.

• Like 1

The Fuck Me Silly 2 Mega Masturbator looks like the gaming console from the 1999 movie "eXistenZ". :)

• Like 1

I am so sad I can't listen to this one. As the son of a mother and father killed by cancer from tobacco products, I can't allow myself to support, even for one episode, something sponsored by tobacco. I love you Jake I see it's a one off deal in your comments above, but even one off is too much for me. Looking forward to listening again next week.

Totally understand. We didn't take their money and I was a real dick reading the ad copy.

• Like 4

You can still watch the videos on youtube and find little Ester other places on the interwebz!

This is what you missed: It was a nice interview with a nice lady and Jake made a new friend. This was probably the nicest episode of any podcast I have ever heard. I don't mean this in a bad way, but the tone of the episode was very cute.

P.S. Jake was a definitely a dick to the Snus ad. It was awesome. I need to know who was at a meeting for camel or whatever and thought, "We should really reach out to the podcasting community. Podcasts are cool right? How about that Fogelnest Filer fellow? He's hip."

Totally understand. We didn't take their money and I was a real dick reading the ad copy.

I thought I loved you before, but your response to the situation has elevated my esteem to a much higher level. You faced a hard situation, worked through it and didn't change who you are. You have my support for life.

I thought I loved you before, but your response to the situation has elevated my esteem to a much higher level. You faced a hard situation, worked through it and didn't change who you are. You have my support for life.

The most recent full episode of Doug Loves Movies has one of those ads as well.

Maybe I've missed it, but Doug Benson has not made a statement about the General Snus ad copy he read. I hope he comes to his senses, apologizes, and promises not to make that mistake again.

The most recent full episode of Doug Loves Movies has one of those ads as well.

Maybe I've missed it, but Doug Benson has not made a statement about the General Snus ad copy he read. I hope he comes to his senses, apologizes, and promises not to make that mistake again.

If it makes you feel better, he started this week's episode by saying "This episode of Doug Loves Movies is brought to you by Square Space, the all-in-one hosting solution that doesn't give you cancer."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this