🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 55 — Brendan McDonald, WTF producer

Though he is rarely heard from on his own, Marc Maron says he considers WTF producer Brendan McDonald, “half of the show.” On this episode of The Wolf Den Brendan steps out of the producer’s chair and in front of the microphone. He tells Jeff how his five-year relationship working with Marc at Air America turned into them creating WTF together, and how their successful collaboration relies on a shared vision. Brendan then shares how producing WTF means he had to become a businessman and entrepreneur, learning lessons along the way, like which responsibilities he should do himself and which are better to be outsourced.

Make sure to watch the bonus video http://blog.themidroll.com/twd-55-bonus-video/) where Brendan reveals what he’s most excited about in podcasting, his favorite podcasts, and what keeps him up at night.

So if Earwolf ends up doing a premium app like WTF as Jeff hinted to, then what would be the details? Like what would the prices be and what would be available only on the app?

So if Earwolf ends up doing a premium app like WTF as Jeff hinted to, then what would be the details? Like what would the prices be and what would be available only on the app?

No clue. It's just something on the table, no real thought has been put into it or decision made. What are your thoughts?

No clue. It's just something on the table, no real thought has been put into it or decision made. What are your thoughts?

Well I have a hard time saying I would rather pay for something I get for free. But if there was a premium app in place I would definitely buy it since I love many Earwolf podcasts and I would want to have all the content available to me. I'm just not sure if people that weren't as big fans of Earwolf as myself would. Also I like having all my podcasts in one place on my podcast app on my iPhone. I love that for all the Earwolf shows I follow I can access any ep at any time right on that app. I have the premium WTF app and it's cool to be able to listen to told episodes, but I don't like having to go to a separate app to do it. I subscribe to it on my podcast app as well so I get the last 50 eps, but I ordered the premium WTF app a while ago and after the initial novelty when I first bought it of going back and listening to the eps I never heard, I hardly ever use it anymore. Honestly I don't remember the last time I opened it. On the other hand Earwolf podcasts like CBB, HDTGM?, etc I am always going back and just clicking on old eps on my podcast app.

I am happy to pay Earwolf, as I have bought every live CBB episode from the store, as well as some merchandise. I'm just not sure I love this idea

If you do go through with it though (and like I said if you do, I will def still buy it as long as the price isn't ridiculous). I would like to see something more than just archived episodes though. Like maybe exclusive content for the subscribers or something along those lines

Also while I have you in here, I saw on this

and I was wondering if you had anything you could tell us about the possible future of Earwolf and video podcasts or maybe some announcements of new shows y'all are working on? I know y'all have been teasing the return of the Ducca podcast.

Anyways, thanks for all that you do, and I'm glad you brought the Wolfden back

Sign in to follow this