Episode 71 — Dwarves vs. Man Rats

30 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,536 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

With the curse lifted, the gang help the dwarves in a battle against the Man Rats that kept them captive. Spoiler alert: These Man Rats are going to get the shit kicked out of them.

#2 Ike Willis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

I wonder if no matter what choices they had made going through the tunnels that it was inevitable that Sark would turn them into Rats so they could maybe free the dwarfs and break the curse. I suspect it was the plan all along. Premeditated or not, quite a brilliant turn of events. I just wish there had been a drunk little Rat wearing a gauntlet and with a little rat leg made out of light.

#3 HunterJE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

There's the combat rounds folks were waiting for the last few weeks

#4 VikingBlast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Hey Damien... you finally got a flail! ... Spiritual Hammer. (<-- still awesome)

#5 tgeorge23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I think an opportunity was missed to role play naked Mildred surrounded by hundreds of naked man Dwarves, or at least an awkward exchange with Trondor. Someone should write some fan fiction of Mildred's time seperated from the group...

#6 LeisureJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image

...that's it

#7 AJ Valliant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

So it occurs to me: do they still even give a shit about Glinishmore? I mean, Mildred might, as she's got some morals...but the rest are either impulsive narcissists, or actively evil. Gerry needs to come back as one of Sir Richard's low life thieves guilds buddies with a debt of honor to be paid. Though I'd settle for him just coming back.

#8 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostAJ Valliant, on 16 April 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

So it occurs to me: do they still even give a shit about Glinishmore? I mean, Mildred might, as she's got some morals...but the rest are either impulsive narcissists, or actively evil. Gerry needs to come back as one of Sir Richard's low life thieves guilds buddies with a debt of honor to be paid. Though I'd settle for him just coming back.

All signs point to yes. It's not like they're tooling around in the ratman-infested, abandoned dwarven mines for kicks. They're in the middle of the shit. It sucks they lost Gerry's Sir Richard's single-minded focus, but that doesn't mean their quest is even close to being done, and it certainly doesn't mean they don't care. Like any game, what matters is the journey, not the destination.

Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#9 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Sark, NICE The Proposition reference! That image you described was such an amazing end to that scene in the film. So dire.
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#10 hhlightcap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Ok so you guys are horrible at following the rules or knowing the spells or weapons and I almost never care cuz the comedy and story are amazing but. Bart swinging a sword and only doing one point of damage STRENGTH BONUS. SHIT. I am losing it. Screaming at my iPhone.

#11 hhlightcap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I am calm now. Go party!!!!

#12 must turd

half animal, part party machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

i was thinking about this too, but ultimately i think we need to put our trust in almighty Sark to subtlety guide the narrative back to the hunt for the necromancer, maybe they'll catch a break in Glinnishmore, or at least get a tip on where to find the crystals they need for their ship, or maybe they'll just say fuck it and ditch the collector storyline and move onto something else. whatever the case i'm on board, i'm with KajusX it's about the journey

#13 AJ Valliant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Now I could be misinterpreting the description but the statue sounded alarming like a Tarrasque. I have a sudden premonition that Gerry's new character's cause of death has already been set into motion.

Posted Image

#14 AJ Valliant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Posthhlightcap, on 16 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Ok so you guys are horrible at following the rules or knowing the spells or weapons and I almost never care cuz the comedy and story are amazing but. Bart swinging a sword and only doing one point of damage STRENGTH BONUS. SHIT. I am losing it. Screaming at my iPhone.

The only bit that bothered me recently was Brian have to chose Cleric spells when he went up in level. He should have access to a few schools in entirety, he just can only memorize a few at a time. Mind I still love the show dearly an don't stress the fine points for the most part. But given how long they've been playing their grasp of the magic basic is a tad shaky.

#15 Ben K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Does anyone else think that Gerry/Sir Richard isn't dead? I thought with the heavenlike way he went out that he might be resurrected by Bahamut and return to the group at a later date. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

#16 xJxVx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostAJ Valliant, on 16 April 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Now I could be misinterpreting the description but the statue sounded alarming like a Tarrasque. I have a sudden premonition that Gerry's new character's cause of death has already been set into motion.

Posted Image

It was more of a Macetail thing. I know there's an object called a jade macetail that does the same thing, and since Sark described it as an ankylosaurus, I'm sure that's what it is.

#17 must turd

half animal, part party machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostAJ Valliant, on 16 April 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

i can't wait for the party to accidentally unleash a massive Godzilla battle in the middle of Glinnishmore

#18 Dan Engler

The Wolf Dan

• Moderators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

So it occurs to me: do they still even give a shit about Glinishmore?

As far as I recall, the Necromancer threatened to wipe out all of their homeworlds, and Glinishmore was just the first spot they chose to liberate. If nothing else, I assume even the impulsive narcissists would want to exact BLOODY VENGEANCE against that asshole.

#19 irenedadler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

"Juiced dwarf"

That is all.

#20 hhlightcap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostAJ Valliant, on 16 April 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

The only bit that bothered me recently was Brian have to chose Cleric spells when he went up in level. He should have access to a few schools in entirety, he just can only memorize a few at a time. Mind I still love the show dearly an don't stress the fine points for the most part. But given how long they've been playing their grasp of the magic basic is a tad shaky.

Right? Relearning spells while running around too!! I hate rules lawyers but some nod to the basic rules wouldnt change the gameplay.

Overall though, dont stop being the loveable misfits that you all are, Nerd Poker-ers!!

This message brought to you by "Complaining about a free Podcast, the makers of Bitching about cell phone reception and First World problems"!!