🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 86 — Vinegar Syndrome and Massacre Video

Joe Rubin runs Vinegar Syndrome which specializes in restoring/releasing classic X-rated and exploitation films. Louis Justin runs Massacre Video which specializes in restoring/releasing low-budget and hard to find horror/cult/exploitation VHS tapes. These weirdos join Jake to talk about what lead them to do what they do, the process of tracking down directors to be able to re-release films, and their thoughts on the current state of cinema. Along the way they'll take a look at some of the films they’ve re-released such as Game Show Models & Black Devil Doll From Hell. As always, check out all the videos from today’s episode over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles!

• Like 2

FYI, there's another Black Devil Doll movie, made in 2007. http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

In the FAQ section of that IMDB page, they address if it's a remake/rip-off of the original. I found their response kind of funny/interesting:

"Black Devil Doll From Hell is one of the many inspirations for our film. It is not an official remake or sequel. If anything it is a homage to BDDFH, and we are proud to say so. Yes, both dolls are Black, the titles are similar, and both films feature some sex, but that's the end of the similarities. The script, plot, story, dialog, characters in our film are original and do not have anything in common with Black Devil Doll From Hell. I think our trailer should make it pretty clear that our film is an entirely different beast than BDDFH."

I'm really not sure why I felt the need to post this, other than to share some useless trivia. :) Anyway, good show Jake.

• Like 1

Hey, I think all listeners of The Fogelnest Files have a shared appreciation for trivia, otherwise we probably wouldn't be listening to the show in the first place. Keep those factoids coming, you guys!

• Like 1

Couple of CREEPS here. Couple of real GREASEBALLS in the radio station there. Couple of real WEIRDOS on the airwaves

• Like 2

Just wanted to say, a few years back I picked up this supercheap DVD pack:

http://www.amazon.com/Gore-And-More-Movie-Pack/dp/B000AOEQ38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397777974&sr=8-1&keywords=gore+and+more

And it featured both Driller Killer and Night Train to Terror. So yeah, needless to say, I enjoyed the hell out of this episode.

I'm actually the kind of nerd that prefers Night Train over Driller Killer. Night Train stars Richard Moll, who was Bull on Night Court!

Love it when you have counter-counter culture people on, Jake. These gentlemen reminds me of the late Mike Vraney, founder of Somethng Weird Video. Two guys perserving a piece of sub-cinema culture that should be perserved. I'm a fan of sleazy sexplotation films and Grade Z films as well. Not knowing of their companies, it's definitely piqued my interests in checking out their sites. Now I have to watch Runaway Nightmare and Black Devil Doll from Hell now.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this