🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 72 — Heading Down To Glinishmore

Mildred (Sarah Guzzardo) is back to join the gang as they exit the mines and finally make their way to the beautiful and bustling town of Glinishmore. Will the town be entirely comprised of clones? Tune in to find out!

Thanks for all the love back guys!!!

Sark you looked amazing in your purple robe!!!

We loved putting together the box of fun for you guys!!! I still want to see Sarah and/or Jerry drink their whisky in a picture!!!!

Clay and Tina Carver

• Like 7

Also please god, remember your strength bonuses when you attack. Bart's sword should never do 3 damage!!!! They will never beat the old man fighting like that!!!!!

• Like 2

While listening to this episode, I was certain that, traveling through the book, they'd traveled back in time to before Glinishmore was taken over. I was CONVINCED that they were going to run into a two-handed Richard the Rogue on the run from the authorities for stealing. I WAS SO SURE.

Even though that doesn't seem to be the case, I applaud a return to the main quest. And they're now closer to the Old Man than ever before! That months-long detour of episodes in the mines paid off by actually furthering the story. Well played, Sark! Well played.

Also, I just saw Under The Skin (It is SO great!) and I suspect Sark saw it, too, with the whole limp-skin-bag, soul-sucking pop thing. If not, Sark, see that shit.

Great episode.

• Like 1

While listening to this episode, I was certain that, traveling through the book, they'd traveled back in time to before Glinishmore was taken over. I was CONVINCED that they were going to run into a two-handed Richard the Rogue on the run from the authorities for stealing. I WAS SO SURE.

Even though that doesn't seem to be the case, I applaud a return to the main quest. And they're now closer to the Old Man than ever before! That months-long detour of episodes in the mines paid off by actually furthering the story. Well played, Sark! Well played.

Also, I just saw Under The Skin (It is SO great!) and I suspect Sark saw it, too, with the whole limp-skin-bag, soul-sucking pop thing. If not, Sark, see that shit.

Great episode.

i was convinced they were going to find that the book stayed behind when they traveled through it. i was yelling in my head, haven't you ever played Myst!! don't you know how this works? don't do it!

but i was happy how it worked out

other than that, the old man just happening to land at the exact right time in the exact right place seemed very convenient almost forced, but i have to assume it's just Sark trying to put an end to this particular quest, i mean they have been playing it for almost 2 years right? i don't know about everyone else but i'm ready for them to stop chasing this asshole and just put the hurt on him finally. then they can use the book to go to a cool new world (especially since now seemingly the entire population of glinnishmore are deflated bags of skin.) and hopefully meet a new gerry character too!

i was convinced they were going to find that the book stayed behind when they traveled through it. i was yelling in my head, haven't you ever played Myst!! don't you know how this works? don't do it!

but i was happy how it worked out

other than that, the old man just happening to land at the exact right time in the exact right place seemed very convenient almost forced, but i have to assume it's just Sark trying to put an end to this particular quest, i mean they have been playing it for almost 2 years right? i don't know about everyone else but i'm ready for them to stop chasing this asshole and just put the hurt on him finally. then they can use the book to go to a cool new world (especially since now seemingly the entire population of glinnishmore are deflated bags of skin.) and hopefully meet a new gerry character too!

1) I looooove Myst! I draw inspiration from it in my current D&D game at home.

2) I thought they were going to face off with the Old Man on the planet of dead people, but he got away. I don't suppose we'll see the end coming, whenever, if ever, it finally happens. Personally, I want to find out who this guy is; what's his story?

I hope the name of the big boss bad guy is George G. Crickmore Esquire.

Great episode as always! Nice to be back on track, and great to see stakes rising once again.

I can admit that, a little bit when it became clear that the townsfolk were compromised, and then much more when everyone in town froze and then imploded, the main thing going through my head was "damn good thing Sir Richard isn't alive to see this, it would have ruined him."

other than that, the old man just happening to land at the exact right time in the exact right place seemed very convenient almost forced

Of course, there are a few alternate explanations--one, the Old Man may have set up G'more as his base of operations, and comes and goes from the city regularly (hence, his landing as they arrived wasn't nearly as unusual as it would otherwise be), or two, and this one seems most likely to me, he wants to confront our team in G'more for some reason (or no reason, I wouldn't put it past him to set up that disheartening welcome party merely to screw with them). After all, he's been entirely aware of their presence on this planet at least since the village pyre...

I really miss Gerry's contribution to the show, especially since Sir Richard never got to see Glinishmore one more time before his death. If this really is the final boss battle I want to hear him come back from the grave and deliver the death blow to the old man.

• Like 1

I agree with HunterJE. Both about Sir Richard, and almost being glad he wasn't around to see this, and about the "coincidence" of the old man showing up. It didn't strike me as THAT big a coincidence, because you had to figure he would be coming because he knew they were on the planet. He certainly seemed to be expecting them. Only thing is, why does he seem so shocked that they started destroying his ship like that?

Yes very happy to see Sarah back here. Always the sensible yin to the rest of the gangs wayward yang.

• Like 3

I can admit that, a little bit when it became clear that the townsfolk were compromised, and then much more when everyone in town froze and then imploded, the main thing going through my head was "damn good thing Sir Richard isn't alive to see this, it would have ruined him."

He'd be doing meth by now.

What would the in-setting equivalent be?

• Like 1

I think we're all kind of hoping for a new Gerry character to enter either right before, or during the final battle.

Also remember the "REJUVENATIONNNNNN" thing? Are they going to be looking for a YOUNG Necromancer now????

• Like 1

An episode with no Blackie Green is like school in summertime..."no class!"

(glad to have Mildred back...the group needs her sanity, even if Glinnishmore is bittersweet sans-Sir Richard).

An episode with no Blackie Green is like school in summertime..."no class!"

(glad to have Mildred back...the group needs her sanity, even if Glinnishmore is bittersweet sans-Sir Richard).

did you just listen to improv4humans?

Ha! I was just about to ask the same thing.

Ha! I was just about to ask the same thing.

How weird...I am always listening to improv4humans but am about 2 months behind. I look forward to finding out what you're talking about!