🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 389 — Is Madison Racist? LIVE

Andrew Ti is LIVE from the University of Wisconsin-Madison all this week with special guests from the Asian American Student Union. Today they talk about all things Madison. Be sure to call us at (323) 389-RACE to ask if anything is racist.

Super bummed that I missed this! I was in the UW Union the night before the show and found out about it but couldn't rerrange family plans.

I live in Madison and I didn't even know this was going down! smh I should look at the blog more.

I only saw it mentioned on the blog once. From the flyer I saw and from the guests, it sounds like Andrew was brought in more for a student org and less for whatever Earwolf fans might live here.

Disagree with trying to get in people's faces. Sometimes they are racist, yes, but sometimes they have social anxiety disorder or asperger syndrome. Sometimes they need headphones in just to summon up the courage to walk into the Wal-Mart at night to use the automated checkout.

I agree with being reasonable but if people in the world don't want to be social with you, they don't owe you any interaction, and it shouldn't be encouraged to get in their face about it. If they hit you or elbow you in line then you're within self-defense rights to engage them, but if they just don't want to show interest, fuck off. Microaggressions don't just apply to race stuff, but also ability status, mental strain, etc.

So people can be racist dicks to you, and Joshie feels that you should first assume they have social anxiety disorder and let them be, because the racist's feelings should be privileged over your own. Then he goes on to say that racial mircoaggressions should take a back seat to mental strain microaggressions (whatever the fuck that is).

Stop using language meant to point out racial imbalances to give cover to racists.

Sign in to follow this