Episode 73 — Space Ship Attack

61 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

The gang has made their way to the center of the town of Glinishmore but something isn’t right. A space ship has landed in the middle of town and a crystal attached to it is taking the souls of the town folk. Could this be the final battle against the Old Man? Tune in to find out!

#2 must turd

half animal, part party machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

oh man, this episode was insane! loved it

the baby symbolism was hilarious

spoilers up next (maybe?) don't read the rest until you listen to the episode, though if you haven't listened yet why are you here

WOW! what a campaign, Sark you will be missed while you're gone but, cheers dude, even as an observer that was an epic adventure, i loved every minute of it. I can't wait to hear what Blaine has in store for us. I'm actually extremely excited to see how the game changes witha new DM. I hope the party decides to roll up all brand new characters for the new adventure too, i'd love to hear how Sarah and Ken play a different type of character, also maybe get a more varied, less fighter heavy party (someone make a rogue already!) and get to see a brand new crop of fan art!

man, i'm over whelmed with more emotion than i should be but even the rushed ending was thoroughly satisfying. can't wait for next week!

#3 Ben Heasly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

Great episode! Nice touch with the stone arms shearing and falling off. Excellent dice skills on display.

Sark, you leave some very shitty shoes to be filled. Well miss you. Best to the fam.

At one point Sark mentioned a list of things that were supposed to happen in the campaign but never happened because the party zigged when they were supposed to zag. I would love to hear that postmortem.

Looking forward to what happens next!

#4 JayBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

It sounds like Stark is moving on even though every one kept egging him to come back. I really hope he does but it doesn't sound like it. Damn it. Such a good DM and so funny.

#5 MarkS6957

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

Not that I think we should get a vote, but I'd love to see new characters in a new campaign.

#6 Stargoyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Location???

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

Sad to see the shitty DM move on (especially after the epic Battle of the Baby,) but I'm eager to see what kind of a shitty character he comes up with.

Since they're apparently taking requests, I'd like to see them invite Spencer from Harmontown to sit in for a couple episodes.

#7 Zack W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to Sark (and the rest of the gang) for a really great intro to D&D. Had never really known the ins and outs and this was immensely entertaining. Can't wait to see where they go from here. Good luck with your own demon baby, Sark!

#8 NerdDrone1138

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for the epic journey, Sark!
I'll miss not retching over my keyboard as you describe necromantic atrocities.

on the up side, I can't wait for the pantheon of villains shamelessly modeled on dead comedians and 70's television characters.

#9 telegramsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Sark, what an awesome ending. It would have been more epic if the baby had fucked someone up, maybe ate a dwarf, but good job on the final battle. The PCs really got a chance to throw everything they had at it.

You will be missed terribly as a DM. You always managed to put these guys in situations where they would be the most hilarious. And the symbolism of the baby at the end was great.

I for one am excited for Blaine World™. Brought to you by children! Fuck everything else you wanted to do, it's--CHILDRENN!!!!

#10 HunterJE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Well done, all. Do wonder if everyone makes it home and what not, but all in all a satisfying ending (the final battle may have been a bit anticlimactic, but only through a combination of lucky rolls and smart and resourceful players). Will miss Sark's twisted storytelling and adventure-crafting, but can't wait to see Blaine's take on DMing.

Also, congrats to Mildred, Bart, and Blackie for surviving the campaign!

#11 tgeorge23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

after a mild panic attack thinking Brian was going to announce the end of Nerd Poker, I was glad that they will march on into a new campaign. I would like a post mortem on the campaign to answer a few questions:
1. What happens to all the clones on other worlds. Do they die now that the necromancer is dead? Or do they live on unaware that they are clones?
2. Do they ever find the crystals they need rto get home? Though if the next campaign picks up with these characters it may just start with them trying to get home and getting caught in another snafu
3. How much stuff did they miss by making choices Sark wasn't expecting? How many of Sark's plans fell through?
4. What was Blackie's charisma? I don't think it ever came up...

Over all a great campaign. The end was understandably rushed. I would have preferred that they got the Necromancer monologging before the took him down like any great villan should. But I can't wait to see where these guys go with it. It was fun and has me jonesing for my own game, which is the point of any good campaign.

#12 Logan Swanson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Big fan of Mr. Sark, would love to hear him post mortem this sucker. Can't wait to hear Blaine DM!

#13 ABainesKicker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Fun last episode. Really enjoyed it Sark and good luck with the child. Maybe it's middle name can be named after of of the gang? ;) Look foreward to the new players and DM. I hope they role up new players and start from scratch.

Or maybe they take one of the characters, a fan favorite.....and do a side mission to answer some of the lingering questions from this adventure? The others can role up new characters to go on that adventure. Along the way the remaining living characters could make Camos.

Good luck on your new adventures either way. I will be listening either way!

#14 Swass

Old Detroit Resistance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

Best wishes and thanks for all of the work you put into this, Sark! And congratulations to everyone involved on the end of such an entertaining campaign.
I really do hope Sark can take a little time out to tell us what he envisioned when this whole thing started. There must have been so many "What the fuck are they doing to my campaign?" moments that called for insane, impromptu overhauls.
If we do move on with new characters, I hope Mildred, Bart, Blackie, and Damien are just kind of paused, on hold for Sark's DM return. Otherwise, I think we'd all love a little epilogues for each character, detailing further adventures, retirements, marriages to Trondor, and the like.
Such a great show, much appreciated. I know Blaine's gonna be an awesome DM with really cool ideas.

#15 schadenfreudian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Great campaign, guys.
Sark, best of luck with the little one. I'm sure you'll turn out to be as good a dad as you are a DM, which is to say a fucking awesome one.

#16 schadenfreudian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostStargoyle, on 30 April 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Since they're apparently taking requests, I'd like to see them invite Spencer from Harmontown to sit in for a couple episodes.

Holy shit, fuck yessss!

#17 Dan Engler

Friend of The Show

• Moderators
  • 621 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

What an ending! What a campaign! What an astonishing lack of fuckbotches in the climactic battle!

As far as the future of Nerd Poker goes, how about a series of LOST-style flashbacks that explain what the gang were doing before they were captured by the Collectors? Each one-shot would last at least a few episodes and could leverage Sark's notes to explain things like Sir Richard's missing hand.

#18 SublimeBW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Sad to hear Sark move on but excited to see what will happen because of that change. In the end though we still didn't get to the most important part... Where is Stargoyle? I hope that If they change characters that at some point they have Sark guest DM and bring these characters back for an epic "The Search for Stargoyle" mini-campaign.

#19 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sark... Say it aint so!

My regular Star Wars RPG broke up mostly due to the DM getting a new job, then was destroyed by an evil baby.

Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#20 Katapraktoi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the ride Sark, it's been a blast. A friend recommending the podcast to me last year and I wasn't expecting to be one of the highlights of my week. With that being said I can't wait to find out what kind of adventure will blaine cook for the gang.

I was kinda hoping at the end that Amarth, Elle Ryan and Sir Richard would pop up in the background as blue ghosts a la Return of the jedi... at least in my head that's how it went down.

Good luck Sark! And long live Nerd Poker!
My Doodles: katapraktoi.deviantart.com