🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 73 — Space Ship Attack

The gang has made their way to the center of the town of Glinishmore but something isn’t right. A space ship has landed in the middle of town and a crystal attached to it is taking the souls of the town folk. Could this be the final battle against the Old Man? Tune in to find out!

oh man, this episode was insane! loved it

the baby symbolism was hilarious

spoilers up next (maybe?) don't read the rest until you listen to the episode, though if you haven't listened yet why are you here

WOW! what a campaign, Sark you will be missed while you're gone but, cheers dude, even as an observer that was an epic adventure, i loved every minute of it. I can't wait to hear what Blaine has in store for us. I'm actually extremely excited to see how the game changes witha new DM. I hope the party decides to roll up all brand new characters for the new adventure too, i'd love to hear how Sarah and Ken play a different type of character, also maybe get a more varied, less fighter heavy party (someone make a rogue already!) and get to see a brand new crop of fan art!

man, i'm over whelmed with more emotion than i should be but even the rushed ending was thoroughly satisfying. can't wait for next week!

• Like 6

Great episode! Nice touch with the stone arms shearing and falling off. Excellent dice skills on display.

Sark, you leave some very shitty shoes to be filled. Well miss you. Best to the fam.

At one point Sark mentioned a list of things that were supposed to happen in the campaign but never happened because the party zigged when they were supposed to zag. I would love to hear that postmortem.

Looking forward to what happens next!

• Like 6

It sounds like Stark is moving on even though every one kept egging him to come back. I really hope he does but it doesn't sound like it. Damn it. Such a good DM and so funny.

Not that I think we should get a vote, but I'd love to see new characters in a new campaign.

• Like 1

Sad to see the shitty DM move on (especially after the epic Battle of the Baby,) but I'm eager to see what kind of a shitty character he comes up with.

Since they're apparently taking requests, I'd like to see them invite Spencer from Harmontown to sit in for a couple episodes.

• Like 3

Just wanted to say thanks to Sark (and the rest of the gang) for a really great intro to D&D. Had never really known the ins and outs and this was immensely entertaining. Can't wait to see where they go from here. Good luck with your own demon baby, Sark!

Thanks for the epic journey, Sark!

I'll miss not retching over my keyboard as you describe necromantic atrocities.

on the up side, I can't wait for the pantheon of villains shamelessly modeled on dead comedians and 70's television characters.

• Like 7

Sark, what an awesome ending. It would have been more epic if the baby had fucked someone up, maybe ate a dwarf, but good job on the final battle. The PCs really got a chance to throw everything they had at it.

You will be missed terribly as a DM. You always managed to put these guys in situations where they would be the most hilarious. And the symbolism of the baby at the end was great.

I for one am excited for Blaine World™. Brought to you by children! Fuck everything else you wanted to do, it's--CHILDRENN!!!!

• Like 5

Well done, all. Do wonder if everyone makes it home and what not, but all in all a satisfying ending (the final battle may have been a bit anticlimactic, but only through a combination of lucky rolls and smart and resourceful players). Will miss Sark's twisted storytelling and adventure-crafting, but can't wait to see Blaine's take on DMing.

Also, congrats to Mildred, Bart, and Blackie for surviving the campaign!

after a mild panic attack thinking Brian was going to announce the end of Nerd Poker, I was glad that they will march on into a new campaign. I would like a post mortem on the campaign to answer a few questions:

1. What happens to all the clones on other worlds. Do they die now that the necromancer is dead? Or do they live on unaware that they are clones?

2. Do they ever find the crystals they need rto get home? Though if the next campaign picks up with these characters it may just start with them trying to get home and getting caught in another snafu

3. How much stuff did they miss by making choices Sark wasn't expecting? How many of Sark's plans fell through?

4. What was Blackie's charisma? I don't think it ever came up...

Over all a great campaign. The end was understandably rushed. I would have preferred that they got the Necromancer monologging before the took him down like any great villan should. But I can't wait to see where these guys go with it. It was fun and has me jonesing for my own game, which is the point of any good campaign.

• Like 9

Fun last episode. Really enjoyed it Sark and good luck with the child. Maybe it's middle name can be named after of of the gang? ;) Look foreward to the new players and DM. I hope they role up new players and start from scratch.

Or maybe they take one of the characters, a fan favorite.....and do a side mission to answer some of the lingering questions from this adventure? The others can role up new characters to go on that adventure. Along the way the remaining living characters could make Camos.

Good luck on your new adventures either way. I will be listening either way!

Best wishes and thanks for all of the work you put into this, Sark! And congratulations to everyone involved on the end of such an entertaining campaign.

I really do hope Sark can take a little time out to tell us what he envisioned when this whole thing started. There must have been so many "What the fuck are they doing to my campaign?" moments that called for insane, impromptu overhauls.

If we do move on with new characters, I hope Mildred, Bart, Blackie, and Damien are just kind of paused, on hold for Sark's DM return. Otherwise, I think we'd all love a little epilogues for each character, detailing further adventures, retirements, marriages to Trondor, and the like.

Such a great show, much appreciated. I know Blaine's gonna be an awesome DM with really cool ideas.

• Like 1

Great campaign, guys.

Sark, best of luck with the little one. I'm sure you'll turn out to be as good a dad as you are a DM, which is to say a fucking awesome one.

Since they're apparently taking requests, I'd like to see them invite Spencer from Harmontown to sit in for a couple episodes.

Holy shit, fuck yessss!

What an ending! What a campaign! What an astonishing lack of fuckbotches in the climactic battle!

As far as the future of Nerd Poker goes, how about a series of LOST-style flashbacks that explain what the gang were doing before they were captured by the Collectors? Each one-shot would last at least a few episodes and could leverage Sark's notes to explain things like Sir Richard's missing hand.

• Like 2

Sad to hear Sark move on but excited to see what will happen because of that change. In the end though we still didn't get to the most important part... Where is Stargoyle? I hope that If they change characters that at some point they have Sark guest DM and bring these characters back for an epic "The Search for Stargoyle" mini-campaign.

• Like 2

Sark... Say it aint so!

My regular Star Wars RPG broke up mostly due to the DM getting a new job, then was destroyed by an evil baby.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ride Sark, it's been a blast. A friend recommending the podcast to me last year and I wasn't expecting to be one of the highlights of my week. With that being said I can't wait to find out what kind of adventure will blaine cook for the gang.

I was kinda hoping at the end that Amarth, Elle Ryan and Sir Richard would pop up in the background as blue ghosts a la Return of the jedi... at least in my head that's how it went down.

Good luck Sark! And long live Nerd Poker!

• Like 1

Whoa, didn't see it coming...it sure seemed there was a lot more that could have been explored on this campaign. I'm glad they wrapped it up in a way though...a 20 on the babyhead woulda been nice, damien.

question...any chance of a "post-mortem" from sark, in regards to things that happened differently, stuff the party blew up because they're bulls in china shops, etc? I'd listen to that, even if it was just Sark casting it in his spare time. maybe that could be an interstitial program to hold us over for a while, while sark's playing with his IRL baby (I just had one too, they're awesome dude)

As a long time DM, I just wanted to thank Sark for a great campaign. Even with all my experience I still learned some things from you (and the group) about running a game and had a ton of fun along the way. Congratulations on your baby and good luck to you Sir!

As for where they go from here, I have mixed feelings on it. On one level I want to see the continuing adventures of the this group and how Blaine's style affects the campaign. He knows the characters and the world, so it might be easier for him to continue on from Glinishmore (sp?). On the other hand, It would be fun to have new characters for a world Blaine would feel free to create, without worrying about what Sark had done before. Perhaps when Sark returns and Blaine's campaign comes to a good stopping point, they could continue Season One's campaign with whatever he had in mind.

Either way I know it will be a blast and give me great ideas to torture my own players with. Thanks all and see you for Season Two!

Kick. Ass. Fuck King Cock McDickhead!

Great season! Very excited to hear the next season. I'll be honest, in the very beginning, I wasn't sure how a D&D podcast would be since I'm not playing. Yet, I would look forward to every Wednesday to hear the latest.

It would be badass if someone could animate the entire season (dreaming big).

Wowwee wow wow I can’t believe it’s over.

I appreciated the skilled takedown of the Runic Baby Necromancer.

I could practically hear Sir Richard swooning at his compatriots’ coordinated attacks and successful rolls, particularly Blackie’s lightning q-tip and ESPECIALLY Damien’s warhammer attacks. Although they differ in alignment and the gods they pray to, I think Sir Richard would’ve heartily clapped Wormwood on the back and offered him a celebratory swig of dwarven moonshine.

Rest easy, Amarth Amon and Ell Ryan. Your contributions were not made in vain.

I second everyone’s sentiments of a bit more of an epilogue/synopsis of what played out after the defeat of the Necromancer and how the worlds were affected. Since it is from the players’ perspectives it’s not like we would be able to find out whether all the other worlds survived this necromantic(?), galactic assault and assimilation, but at least a little poking around would be nice (like, did the wolf-dwarf ever make it back to the Dwarven city?! Probably not, knowing Sark’s proclivities...)

It’s nice that they went topside into Glenishmore because emerging from a dark pit of despair into the sun’s welcoming rays is always a nice codifier for a job well done, but even during the course of the episode Mildred wanted to look around the dark, cavernous room and Sark said it’d be spoilery so he didn’t reveal what was there. What was there?!

I never played D&D before, and I started attending a D&D game right around when Nerd Poker started, but then my work schedule changed and I could no longer make it. Nerd Poker has really scratched that itch (as well as Harmontown’s D&D segments). Now, it looks like my work schedule will finally be switching back, and when it does I totally want to do some dungeon-trawling of my own. Thanks to Nerd Poker, I’ll have a much better idea of how to go about doing that once I jump back in.

Congrats on defeating the baby, and congrats on succumbing to the demands of real babies!

• Like 2

Thank you so much Sark! It's been a great run, and despite the "shitty DM" joking we all know you are awesome! (Well maybe slightly shitty regarding NPCs, heh heh.)

Really, though, I can't express my appreciation enough! This has been such a fun campaign, filled with cool plot twists and so many laughs. Your podcast has been both entertaining and inspirational. Thank you so much for everything till now, and I am looking forward to future podcasts so much!