🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 31 — Dave Thomas, Our Close Friend

You lobbed this one over the plate, so i'm gonna have to swing and plug my radio show that archives on this page every saturday night

This week we played a lot of burger records bands, some gnar tapes bands. I recently ordered a bunch of mississippi records compilation cassettes that ARE SOOOOO good but a lot of the tunes are hard to find online.

here are the four songs i sang really loud this week:

west coast

I kinda thought you we're asking for real suggestions, but if not -- here's a joke.

There's this band called U2 that had a special edition red and black ipod but then it got stolen out of my locker.

EDIT -- i kno ur not swiss but this is a swiss girl group from the 80s that

• Like 3

Frej Frej: get your spotify on guh, I don't know what kind of music you like but check out the debut album from Tweens. They are a trashy punk band from Cincinnati (BURDRULZ), pretty good.

Also check out Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. Its super loud.

This music should also be calming to your ancient cat. Or is it just deaf or blind or whatever and a young'un?

I'll be back with movie recommendations lates bros.

• Like 1

Hello everyone I just thought I'd post a little bit here and throw some cash and my #1 dawgs In Agata Da Vida (has anyone done this joke yet?) and Hayes/Sean.

Quick question though: do you guys get paid depending on the quality of each post? I would like a spreadsheet that breaks down these figures please so I know how hard to try

Also Freja, if you are looking for summer jams then look no farther than the new Tune-Yards album.

• Like 4

Quick question though: do you guys get paid depending on the quality of each post? I would like a spreadsheet that breaks down these figures please so I know how hard to try

the number of likes per comment is factored in so yes, high quality posts pay more. thanks again.

• Like 11

i am a goldmine for the earwolf forum staff

• Like 7

no wonder they wanted to limit the likes per day

• Like 3

Holy shit I'm walking waving franticaly at the bus!!! It's Thursday already!!!

I'm on my mobile device checking this right now, (Samsung galaxy x 10 / kindle fire) so bummed. Ima go home tonight, get drunk, and like and comment alllllll night baby.

Showshowbro I'm gonna hit u up this weekend. Got a good story about jordy cabrewing

• Like 5

hey what was the url/code or whatev for that survey thing

• Like 1

Hey guys. I just wanted you all to know that I have been SUPER busy recently, but I have still been listening to every episode and still loving it. I will be back to the forums to see all of you fine folks soon!

• Like 5

At the very end of this week's improv4humans, we learn that the owner of Google donated a million dollars to Hollywood Handbook! (and also bought some stupid table??). Besser was pissed. Hayes probably isn't too happy either, because apparently Sean pocketed the whole thing.

• Like 5

Thanks guys!

BRR-- Will check out your rec's ASAP! For clarification, my cat is about 5 yrs old (vet's estimate since I found him on the street), fully deaf+blind, FIV-positive, and his face is kinda crooked after he had an operation to remove this gigantic abscess rotting in his ear. He's also been steadily packing on lbs because I have to work long shifts and my shitty-mother-guilt sets in so I just fill his food bowl up to the brim every morning and pray to Jesus he won't hate me (my cat, not Jesus b/c fuck Jesus). Did you want to know all that? No? Well that's what you get for asking me a cat-related question.

Andy-- I've been listening to that album on repeat for the last week! So good. I play "Rocking Chair" every time I brush my teeth (my fav song on the album and also the perfect dentist-recommended length of time)

• Like 5

Just took the survey. 13% of us are females, 71% single (HAHA), 90% between the ages 18-34. Ugh millenials amirite?!!

• Like 7

Just took the survey. 13% of us are females, 71% single (HAHA), 90% between the ages 18-34. Ugh millenials amirite?!!

These guys start off the episode by distancing themselves from Dom Sterling, then they categorize people in their survey. What up what up, indeed

• Like 4

8% with kids so... Did you name them Hayes Sean [surname], or Sean Hayes [surname]??

I'd like to take this moment to address our Millenial listeners if I may.

Hey. Millenials... get educated k? Read some friggin' books. Get some culture. Look up from your iPhone and look at me when I'm talking to you (you're probably gonna see me looking down at my iPhone) ...don't get discouraged, I just have way more important things to do than talk to you. My point is, If you want to get 100% out of this podcass you gotta have a good base knowledge of the film industry. Like when Sean and Hayes make a joke about anthropomorphic sea creatures, you gotta have all of your Little Mermaid plot elements down man! I mean...that priest has a boner but did you even notice that?! Prolly not cause you're too busy watching Teen Beach Movie 2.

It's exactly like what Steely Dan say in their song Hey Nineteen, just replace all of the 'Retha Franklin stuff and sub in The Batman. Same thing.

Here's to the Cuervo Gold and fine fine Columbians am I right Gen X'ers?

• Like 5

Dave Thomas was great on the podcast. Now I can be sad when he dies, which is nice because I recently crossed Diane Keaton off my "tweet 'rip' when they die" list.

Tweet 'rip' when they die:

Charles Manson

John Stamos

Banana Joe

Chris Brown

Chris Brown

Clint Eastwood

Diane Keaton

Dave Thomas

• Like 5

We all miss chanson and huglife. They were community organizers

You guys seriously... Where is Chanson? Do I have to ask every week?

• Like 4

well hes probz in se@le. maybe the man finally caught up wit him and are trying to shut him down for posting all of his radical political rhetoric here

• Like 2

his FB status reads "Gone Fishin'"

• Like 2