🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 11 — How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Uno, dos, tres, catorce! Adam Scott Aukerman discuss U2′s eleventh studio album How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb for the entirety of today’s episode. They’ll share their different opinions on the album, talk about the U2 iPod commercial, go through the album song by song, and touch on the Vertigo Tour. Plus, they recall their time meeting the President of the United States and play a little memento for the podcast recorded from inside the White House.

OK...I'm just checking in to let you guys know that I paused the podcast and went straight to stamps.com before I did anything else. I followed the instructions and now I'm being forced to spend my hard-earned money? What the fuck, Scott!

I kinda wanted Scott to shit on this record a little more. I didn't like any of the actual songs that were played, but I must admit that the production quality is fantastic.

I think we need to talk about Scott throwing out the M word about the album, only to dismiss three or four of the songs as not that great. And him just being wrong about how good the album is.

Also, a new podcast called Baby Sniffin' with Scott and Scott.

Oh man, the next episode is going to be great. Can already hear Scott and Scott getting a little punchy at the end of this one.

• Like 1

I love the fact that this podcast seems to be taking over Scott and Scott's lives. There is genuinely nothing more inspiring to be me than two guys risking getting in trouble with the Secret Service just so that they can record a segment for a U2 based comedy podcast.

• Like 15

A U2-related news item from 2025:

As is usually the case with U2 records, the final push to finish Juggernaut required the aging band members to spend twelve to eighteen hours a day in the recording studio fine-tuning performances and mixes. The resulting strain left the band's guitarist with a greatly diminished immune system, after which he fell into a pneumonia-related coma for several months. However, due to his loyalty to the band as well as several unbreakable contractual obligations, he continued to tour with the group, strapped to a gurney and identified onstage as "The Vedge."

• Like 4

Serious suggestion for Scott2. Devote an episode to the movie "It Might Get Loud." It made me straight up hate The Edge for months. He drives a hedge fund manager-style Mercedes and seems like he can barely play guitar.

• Like 5

i really wish these bros would chat about U2's appearance on entourage. umm oh yeah! the murphy group. talkin about turtle.

This is by far and away the most penis laden episode so far......

• Like 1

Serious suggestion for Scott2. Devote an episode to the movie "It Might Get Loud." It made me straight up hate The Edge for months. He drives a hedge fund manager-style Mercedes and seems like he can barely play guitar.

"It Might Get Loud".... I only rented that because I play guitar, but I should have known better. Jack White's a snob and The Edge probably hasn't practiced playing the guitar since the 80s. Oh, and I think Jimmy Page is in it too. Basically, its an "ode to sloppy guitar playing".

• Like 1

So within a span of like 3 months. Adam gets to see U2 play to a crowd of like 100 people. Then gets to meet Bonos daughters and meet Bono at an awards show party. Then he gets to meet the president?

I'm not sure if this isn't U Talking (third eye blind) 2 Me, since Adam is leading a Semi Charmed Life!

• Like 12

So within a span of like 3 months. Adam gets to see U2 play to a crowd of like 100 people. Then gets to meet Bonos daughters and meet Bono at an awards show party. Then he gets to meet the president?

I'm not sure if this isn't U Talking (third eye blind) 2 Me, since Adam is leading a Semi Charmed Life!

Just imagine how amazing his life would be if he was able to get those t-shirts.

• Like 8

I am interested to hear Scott and Scott's take on this album because it contains IMO the single worst U2 song - 'A Man and a Woman'.

This is, maybe, the single most amazing story told on a podcast. The idea that they ran into each other at the White House and their first thought it, 'How can we force some podcast stuff into this situation?' I think sums up everything we need to know about who the two Scotts are outside of this world. Just amazing.

• Like 7

Devote an episode to the movie "It Might Get Loud." It made me straight up hate The Edge for months. He drives a hedge fund manager-style Mercedes and seems like he can barely play guitar.

Oh boy, that movie...in a cast of totally unrelatable characters, it really "Elevates" him to a new level. If I'm not mistaken, we learn that his writing/jam sessions involve an on-site guitar-tech/engineer to tweak knobs and help him find tones. Real "back to basics" stuff, there.

• Like 1

Best ep yet??

I love scott (adam) so much, bringing up the podcast at a white house event just out of sheer panic, he's the best.

I've found myself looking forward to new episodes of this more than anything else on earwolf, it reminds me of when Russell Brand and Matt Morgan had a show on the bbc and it was pretty much just them making each other laugh and telling anecdotes about their week. If you took the U2 bits out it'd be perfect.

• Like 4